Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2011, 12:50 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
I'm sorry your friend had to go through that, I really am.

I've had two friends who had to abort, during 2 tri-mester. Both due to the fact that the fetus could have died in utero and mom could have ended up septic. Not a good deal for anyone.

Medical reasons, rape, please, go ahead.

I have a problem with the "my body"....well, it was your body before you got pregnant so why didn't you take better care of it before you got knocked up?

The excuse is that it was always unintentionally and obviously always due to BC failure.
The fact is, a woman does not need an excuse. If a woman gets pregnant and does not want to endure a pregnancy and give birth......that is reason enough for her to abort. She doesn't need to make excuses to anyone.

The woman is the only one who has to deal with the pregnancy.......so if she decides to abort, it is her decision and hers alone.

Old 04-10-2011, 12:53 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
[quote=Sawdustmaker;18662202]Without saying it, it's being said.

There are so many ways to prevent a pregnancy, if one partook in one way on the female side and one on the male side (like BC pill AND a condom or Mirena AND a condom) what would the chances be of getting knocked up those FEW days out of the month actually be?

And if you don't want to use birth control? Monitor your cycle. 365 days in a year, not having sex(using big numbers here)100 days out of the year would kill whom?[/quote]

The way some men behave.......it would kill THEM.

Old 04-10-2011, 05:31 AM

4,564 posts, read 4,103,050 times
I don't get how these people who are on this high horse of morality can be against abortion, but vote in people who want to cut funding for children's health care, food programs for children. How about prenatal health care??

Where are they to vote for more aid to improve the adoption process? 2 years and 40K is often too much for many charitable families to undertake.

If unborn babies matter, then shouldn't babies who have already been born?

Old 04-10-2011, 05:37 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,656,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Can you answer my question now?

If someone visits you in your home do they then own it?
Visiting a person's home is a little different than being invited to drop off a baby in a body. Once that happens there are 3 people involved and it is his baby's home for awhile. In all fairness he should have the "choice" if he wants his baby to live and is willing to raise the child.

Old 04-10-2011, 05:39 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,763,548 times
I am not against abortion. I am against paying for others abortions, and their kids, etc.

If you cannot afford kids, don't have them.

Old 04-10-2011, 05:41 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,662,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
I don't get how these people who are on this high horse of morality can be against abortion, but vote in people who want to cut funding for children's health care, food programs for children. How about prenatal health care??

Where are they to vote for more aid to improve the adoption process? 2 years and 40K is often too much for many charitable families to undertake.

It's also fairly obvious that for whatever reasons, black children are hard to adopt. There are so many black children waiting to be adopted that it's sad to see. So they spend their lives in foster care being passed around. If no children are to be aborted and we then get more unadoptable babies, who is going to take care of them? We can't point the finger at them and call them a "loser" or a "slacker" and "to pull yourself up by your bootstraps and make better choices." Someone has to take care of them.

Will people be opposed to government funds bolstering up the foster care system? Ready to build some orphanages and group homes? I bet not that either.

Yes "adoption is an option" (don't you love that bumper sticker).

Old 04-10-2011, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post

There are all kinds of programs to help the mothers raise their babies.
People who complain are saying they don't want to PAY for abortions.
I do not want to think that my tax dollar is going to pay for a women to kill a child, not one penny of it. I want absolutely nothing to do with what I believe to be murder so if she wants to call it "her body" then she can pay cash for what "her body" did to get into the situation and let it be on her conscience. If the man does not want his baby to be aborted, he should have some say in this matter also. In my mind, once she opened that door it is no longer all about her and her body.

Old 04-10-2011, 06:02 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Visiting a person's home is a little different than being invited to drop off a baby in a body."""

It's EXACTLY what you said. A man has sex with a woman(enters her as he would enter your home) and YOU think he then owns her. IF you used logic and reason, if someone enters your home, they own it.

"""Once that happens there are 3 people involved and it is his baby's home for awhile. In all fairness he should have the "choice" if he wants his baby to live and is willing to raise the child.
It is a primitive idea that should've been left in the cave. A man doesn't own a woman because he has sex with her. It's not "laying claim".

He doesn't "drop off a baby" , he deposits sperm.

If he, and you (although why YOU would have an interest is totally beyond reason) want it to be "his" baby you should take your complaint to whatever or whoever created humans and made women the ones who gets pregnant...THAT isn't fair either! So go complain...WAHHHH! Life isn't fairrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

It is simple ....it is HER body, not his, and certainly not yours!

Old 04-10-2011, 06:11 AM

If you drop off your child at a babysitters home she will go to jail if she doesn't give you your child back.

Old 04-10-2011, 06:14 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
All that sanctimonious garbage when all you had to do was say, "Lady, I don't give a damn about those risks. You did the deed, now suffer."

As for your parting shot, my choice to end a pregnancy (should that be the choice I make), literally has not one single shred of an iota of affect on you.

Sucks for you, but there it is.
Such a drama queen. You forgot "pain in the ass" in your list of maladies, since it is highly likely that your real suffering comes from having to defend holding such coarse and joyless attitudes toward life.

The very fact that this abortion thread, like all the hundreds like it that have plagued this Forum over the years, brings out the very worst kind of selfishness and heartlessness from the pro-death side, along with the most appalling posts from those on the Ignore List hit parade who enjoy purporting to consider fetuses as parasites -- when the truth is that their best bet for pregnancy is a date with Mr. I.N. Vitro.

Effect (not "affect"; that's what NARAL types yearn for in the absence of a life)on me or society as a whole? Aside from the fact that people who express attitudes like yours add to the coarsening and insensitivity to life that poisons this society more and more every day, and for some reason choose to celebrate the mounting toll of millions of aborted babies since the SCOTUS decided to simply create a death industry by fiat, there is nothing objectionable about publicly demonstrating the very worst kind of selfishness, and making it increasingly trendy for otherwise intelligent women to forego the opportunity to have children and offer hope to our increasingly dumbed-down society, while enshrining the kind of self-referential thinking for which feminists have hypocritically belabored men since Gloria Steinem first decided that loving her children ought to be thought less important to the American woman than streaking her hair and getting a boob job.

Nope, no effect at all. In fact, these atittudes and decisions have had a salubrious effect on our happy, contented society, with its increasing bliss level.

Holy guacamole. What planet do you people COME from?

Last edited by Yeledaf; 04-10-2011 at 06:26 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies