Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2011, 12:14 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Not at all. It's a good thing...but if you have to kill babies to do it, then it becomes my business.
They aren't babies until they are viable. Otherwise, Mother Nature is the biggest killer of babies, because miscarriages outnumber abortions. And it's only your business because you insist on imposing YOUR definitions, and YOUR beliefs on others. A woman who has an abortion isn't imposing her beliefs on you, is she? But you think you can impose your beliefs on her, because she's just a second-class citizen. She's not a man. She's stupid, and irresponsible and immoral. Your willingness to impose yourself on her shows that you don't respect her. And that disrespect is why you feel so free to impose your own values and beliefs on her. And why, after the child is born, you feel so free to criticize her. She's a working mom, well, she's probably neglecting her children. Shame on her! She's a welfare mom, well, she's a leech on society. Shame on her! She's a stay-at-home mom, well, what she does has no monetary value, she's not contributing to the economy. Shame on her!

Old 04-11-2011, 12:16 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
They aren't babies until they are viable. Otherwise, Mother Nature is the biggest killer of babies, because miscarriages outnumber abortions. And it's only your business because you insist on imposing YOUR definitions, and YOUR beliefs on others. A woman who has an abortion isn't imposing her beliefs on you, is she? But you think you can impose your beliefs on her, because she's just a second-class citizen. She's not a man. She's stupid, and irresponsible and immoral. Your willingness to impose yourself on her shows that you don't respect her. And that disrespect is why you feel so free to impose your own values and beliefs on her. And why, after the child is born, you feel so free to criticize her. She's a working mom, well, she's probably neglecting her children. Shame on her! She's a welfare mom, well, she's a leech on society. Shame on her! She's a stay-at-home mom, well, what she does has no monetary value, she's not contributing to the economy. Shame on her!
^^THIS^^ SPOT ON

Old 04-11-2011, 12:19 PM

164 posts, read 103,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
thanks for proving the point anti choice people don't want to contribute to taking care of any children after they are born.
thanks for proving how callous a mind set it takes to ignore the suffering of others.

the "not on my dime mentality" the cost to you personally is so small it renders you callous and cheap to let it truly bother you. the "hard line" anti choice folks take on a sexually active woman is nothing more than 3rd world "lite" thinking.

able to turn a blind eye unless the need is in your own small world. funny when it does hit your world, the women do it in secret or if exposed, you shame and shun them.

the dreaded "pestilence" is an anti choice mentality fueled by vehement religious indoctrination. that indeed is a blinded by a cultism that is a mental disease and dangerous psychopathy.

women will never go back to the coat hanger days. you may not like the saying "its my body" but guess what? we have the right to privacy so what I do with my body is just that...private. my choice

for people who can't comprehend what choice is.........

birth
adoption
abortion

up to the individual not you or me.
Show me where it states in the constitution that you have a right to abortion and that the Federal government has to take care of children that irresponsible parents don't want.

Old 04-11-2011, 12:21 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,694,475 times
For the "It's my body" crowd: At what exact point SHOULD the government protect the child? After the cord is cut? When the baby exits the birth canal? If you can't answer this question, maybe you need to rethink your position.

Old 04-11-2011, 12:26 PM

1,811 posts, read 1,210,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
I would like to bring this excuse into a discussion.
In my mind it was your body when you allowed a man to put his seed into your body. We all know what happens next, you will either skate on by or become pregnant. IF you allow this to happen to YOUR body and become pregnant, there are 2 extra people that have dibs on your body. One is the baby because it is now his home for awhile and the other is the man that was allowed in because now HIS baby is in your body.
I just can't see how the women can use the excuse that it is HER body once she made the mistake to allow others into it.
Just wondering.
this is one of the excuses offered by the pro-infanticide horde. It is flawed on two grounds.

1. It isn't her body, but, rather, the body of the as-yet-unborn child that gets aborted.

2. It is illegal to do certain things to "your body" such as amputating limbs, termminating the life of, etc.

Old 04-11-2011, 12:27 PM

5,747 posts, read 12,054,634 times
Salembaptist, let me tell you what you and your fellow crusaders have managed to do. You have created such a hostile environment for healthcare providers that my perinatologist, who was willing to terminate my pregnancy, was unable to do so without risking losing his license, because the hospital where he practiced, a regional center for high-risk obstetrical care, would not permit it. I ended up having to travel to a university hospital several hours from our home to receive the care to which I was legally entitled. It was unbelievable! There I was, 21-1/2 weeks and completely traumatized, knowing that I simply did not have the strength to take the pregnancy to term, and I'm running around the state in a panic, trying to find someone to help me. (I was very lucky that I happen to come from a family of health care providers with long-reaching connections, so I ended up receiving extraordinary care from an expert group of doctors and nurses.)

For a long time, I stayed out of the debate because I really just didn't want to wade into the melodrama on both sides. But now I'm older, wiser, and a heck of a lot stronger, and I'll be darned if I'm going to stand by and let you scare the health care establishment away from providing abortion when it is most clearly the best option.

Old 04-11-2011, 12:27 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,921 times
Quote:
They aren't babies until they are viable.
So the newborn is not human because he can't care for himself? Or do you mean that he's not viable until he can live outside the womb? Because it's not all that uncommon for babies to be born at 30 weeks or earlier and survive. In Kansas that is legal to abort, if I'm correct.
Quote:
And why, after the child is born, you feel so free to criticize her. She's a working mom, well, she's probably neglecting her children. Shame on her! She's a welfare mom, well, she's a leech on society.

Shame on her! She's a stay-at-home mom, well, what she does has no monetary value, she's not contributing to the economy. Shame on her!
Huh? What are you talking about?

Old 04-11-2011, 12:28 PM

1,811 posts, read 1,210,451 times
Quote:
They aren't babies until they are viable. !
A truly-idiotic statement.

Old 04-11-2011, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by salem baptist View Post
Show me where it states in the constitution that you have a right to abortion and that the Federal government has to take care of children that irresponsible parents don't want.
I am a woman. I am not just a womb. I have a life. Society has made a substantial investment in me. I have an education. I have a career. I cannot truly enjoy life or liberty, if I cannot make decisions regarding my own body and health, privately and in consultation with my doctor. It's none of your business if I have sex. It's none of your business if I make choices for myself that don't involve you. Abortion doesn't involve you. It especially doesn't involve you if you are unwilling to work to make abortion a less attractive option. You don't like abortion, then help women make the pay scale less discriminatory. Women should make as much as men. They don't. You don't like abortion, then help make daycare more affordable. Parents shouldn't have to pay hundreds of dollars a week to daycare. Children shouldn't mean that families have to live in poverty. You don't like abortion, then help make workplaces friendlier to mothers and expectant parents. You don't like abortion, then educate young people about birth control instead of telling them to abstain. You don't like abortion, then stop blaming women, and start making our world a better world.

Old 04-11-2011, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffington View Post
A truly-idiotic statement.
A truly idiotic position!

Clearly, since you provided no argument, and only offered an insult. If you can't even defend your position in a discussion, and you think that insult is going to silence this woman, then you truly don't respect women, at all, do you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies