Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2011, 12:31 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
A truly idiotic position!

Clearly, since you provided no argument, and only offered an insult. If you can't even defend your position in a discussion, and you think that insult is going to silence this woman, then you truly don't respect women, at all, do you?
Or maybe because your statement really made no sense? I wouldn't have been so blunt as to say "idiotic", but it was lacking in it's logic.

Old 04-11-2011, 12:32 PM

1,811 posts, read 1,210,451 times
Quote:
I am a woman. I am not just a womb. I have a life. Society has made a substantial investment in me. I have an education. I have a career. I cannot truly enjoy life or liberty, if I cannot make decisions regarding my own body and health, privately and in consultation with my doctor. It's none of your business if I have sex. It's none of your business if I make choices for myself that don't involve you. Abortion doesn't involve you. It especially doesn't involve you if you are unwilling to work to make abortion a less attractive option. You don't like abortion, then help women make the pay scale less discriminatory. Women should make as much as men. They don't. You don't like abortion, then help make daycare more affordable. Parents shouldn't have to pay hundreds of dollars a week to daycare. Children shouldn't mean that families have to live in poverty. You don't like abortion, then help make workplaces friendlier to mothers and expectant parents. You don't like abortion, then educate young people about birth control instead of telling them to abstain. You don't like abortion, then stop blaming women, and start making our world a better world.
Psychobable, and no more.

The most-recent studies show equally-educated, equally-skilled women earnt 95% as much as men.

Again, you are not aborting YOUR BODY, you are aborting the as-yet unbon child from within your body.

If you are in my house, that doesn't make you part of my house. Same same.

Quit being to grotesqually selfish, narcisistic and self-centered.

Old 04-11-2011, 12:32 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by salem baptist View Post
The state shouldn't have to take care of anyone. That's not what the government is for. You liberals want the state to be it's babysitter and nanny because you are irresponsible with your own selfish life???

That my friends is why we have to stand up and vote these leftists out of government.

Liberalism is worse than a mental disease, it's a pestilence and dangerous psychopathy.
All that I'm saying is that you cannot have it both ways. If you don't want to care of these unwanted children later on in life you going to have to legalize abortions and or provide safe sex programs for at risk groups.

As for all of the other BS I don't care what they think these are just the facts plain and simple.

The moral issue as far as I'm concern is between the woman and her God and should not be made by well off whitemen. Since these are the same men that will will determine the type of life (or death) the unwanted child will get in the future

Old 04-11-2011, 12:34 PM

Quote:
A truly idiotic position!

Clearly, since you provided no argument, and only offered an insult. If you can't even defend your position in a discussion, and you think that insult is going to silence this woman, then you truly don't respect women, at all, do you?
I only characterized an idiotic statement (your post) as an idiotic statement. I said nothing about you. Over half of the aborted are women (females) so that shoots down your argument.

Old 04-11-2011, 12:35 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Quote:
Show me where it states in the constitution that you have a right to abortion and that the Federal government has to take care of children that irresponsible parents don't want.
You may not have a right for an abortion, but the government WILL take care of that child through foster homes or through the penal system

Old 04-11-2011, 12:38 PM

3,734 posts, read 5,774,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Unbelievable to , AGAIN, explain that women are humans...NOT broodstock.

Becoming pregnant does NOT make you public property.

If it does, as OP asserts, then I want full control of what pregnant women eat, drink, who they marry, what kind of car they drive, and IF they ever have another child, etc.

If a MAN, thinks HE'S pregnant then I want to control him, too! He gets a vasectomy, NOW! He marries the mother, stays with her forever, spends every waking hour with his children, I tell him who he votes for, he is shot if he hits her, etc.

I want to make "Life Rules" , too!!
Fair is fair!
Fantastic! Thank you!

Old 04-11-2011, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
All that I'm saying is that you cannot have it both ways. If you don't want to care of these unwanted children later on in life you going to have to legalize abortions and or provide safe sex programs for at risk groups.

More stupidity codified in words.

You go out and have sex. You go out and get pregnant, and all of the sudden if I am not willing to pay for your actions, I have to acquiesce to your demands to commit infanticide.

It is YOUR child, NOT MINE.

I don't demand you pay the fuel tab for my sportfisher ($3,000 a month or more), so why insist that I should pay for your baby.

The word you are looking for is

SSEEEELLLLFFFIIIISSSSHHHHNNNEEEEESSSSS on the part of the pro-infanticide crowd.

Old 04-11-2011, 12:39 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Nobody is arguing with your right to speak, scream, act out, dance, sing, etc. your opinions. Knock yourself out!!

However, no matter how much you want it to be so, no woman can be prohibited from acting on her beliefs because of the self-righteous pro-lifers who believe that a clump of differentiated cells is an "innocent life" and that their beliefs supersede all others.

FWIW, for the enlightened, it's PRO-CHOICE, not pro-abortion.
Pro choice is pro abortion for your enlightment

Old 04-11-2011, 12:41 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,694,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post

As for all of the other BS I don't care what they think these are just the facts plain and simple.

The moral issue as far as I'm concern is between the woman and her God and should not be made by well off whitemen. Since these are the same men that will will determine the type of life (or death) the unwanted child will get in the future
Since I had no takers from the "It's my body crowd", I'll see if you have the intellectual honesty to answer this question. At what exact point do you feel that well-off whitemen, as well as others, have the responsibility to protect the child? After the cord is cut? When the baby exits the birth canal? or some other point? If you can't answer this question, maybe you need to rethink your position.

Old 04-11-2011, 12:42 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,847,521 times
Quote:
Show me where it states in the constitution that you have a right to abortion and that the Federal government has to take care of children that irresponsible parents don't want.
Show me in the Constitution where the word Abortion..... for or against.... is written.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies