Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2011, 01:17 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,281,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
I imagine a vast minority, but I don't have the stats handy.
I really don't think there are actually any updated stats, everything that I have seen dates back to 2006 and I won't accept abortion stats from either Planned parenthood or any pro-life group since they can and will manipulate the numbers to be what they want them to be. I doubt that the vast majority of abortions are done after 22 wks, the ones that are done after 22 wks would probably be in response to the AFP testing that is normally done on mothers at 16 wks.

Old 04-12-2011, 01:23 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,304,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
the moment roe versus wade was completed the federal governement intefered
The moment a state or city made laws making abortion illegal they interfered.

Old 04-12-2011, 01:24 PM

18,392 posts, read 19,027,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Another quaestion would be, why do Pro-Choice people think it is ok to kill a baby while it is still in the womb, but feel it is just terrible if it dies outside of the womb? Here's what I mean. Liberals believe that a fetus is still a fetus until it is pushed through the womb, which I would argue, because it is fully developed prior to being born, but they see nothing wrong with killing it at any time BEFORE it is born. On the other hand they say once it is born, it has to live even if the taxpayers have to care for it. My question is, why is it ok to kill it before it is born, but not ok to let it starve to death after birth if the parents can't take care of it? I'm not condoning any of this, I'm just trying to see their logic here. What makes people think like this?

once a pregnancy is too the point where it has a chance of survival outside the womb, it isn't aborted unless there is a medical reason. women do not go around aborting babies that are a hairs breath away from survival outside the womb

Old 04-12-2011, 01:24 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,046,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
You want to eliminate the father until it comes to child support
I think a father should have the right to eliminate himself from the parenting responsibility permanently if he so chose.

Old 04-12-2011, 01:26 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
I think a father should have the right to eliminate himself from the parenting responsibility permanently if he so chose.
Only if he does so within the first trimester.

Old 04-12-2011, 01:26 PM

11,761 posts, read 14,659,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
That is correct.

Why does the left not tell the story of her?

Perhaps it would undermine the true intentions of planned parenthood and the true agenda of the left?

Can't have that!
Let's see . . .

Margaret Sanger died in 1966.

Checks calendar . . .

Oh look! It's 2011 now. Margaret Sanger isn't running things anymore.

Thanks for playing, though.

Old 04-12-2011, 01:27 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,129,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
You can call yourself whatever you like but if you support taking a mother's choice away after the first trimester, you are not pro-choice, maybe moderate, but not pro-choice. Actually, you're probably more of a pro-life moderate. You pro-lifers are always wanting to stick your noses in other peoples business.
That person stated that once a fetus is viable they think the mothers choice should be limited to emergencies. Clearly you know nothing about being pregnant because first trimester is over at 12 weeks. 22 weeks is mid 2 late 2nd trimester and that is about the time a fetus if delivered could survive. So the person who is for viability being the cut off point is the most rational one here.

Old 04-12-2011, 01:29 PM

Quote:
You didn't get it. Liberals fully believe a fully developed offspring is not a human until it actually breathes air. I find that amusing. The ONLY reason they don't abort after a certain week because it is the LAW. If it wasn't the law, they would be totally comfortable aborting the day of delivery if they could. Look at all the people who were going to that guy in Kansas who was doing this exact thing for years. I was just wondering what makes them tick, that's all.
you really need to educate yourself on the facts of abortion. as for "some guy in kansas" that everyone went to for years. all of the abortions done by dr. tiller were because the woman or the baby had serious medical issues. women do not abort late in their pregnancy just because they changed their minds" education on the issue will tell you the difference in an early abortion vs late term. no woman would wait to go for a late one if she didn't have to

Old 04-12-2011, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Let's see . . .

Margaret Sanger died in 1966.

Checks calendar . . .

Oh look! It's 2011 now. Margaret Sanger isn't running things anymore.

Thanks for playing, though.
and in the 60's she was in her eighties

Old 04-12-2011, 01:32 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,304,767 times
Quote:
It's YOUR body, so YOU take care of your OWN problems with your OWN money.
Just make sure to tell all the people on Social Security and Medicare the same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies