Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2011, 11:52 PM

15,092 posts, read 8,636,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
A 33 year old school teacher in my community just died giving birth to her second child. Bet she didn't think she was gonna die. Bet her doctors didn't think she was gonna die. But she IS DEAD.

Sure sucks if YOU are the ONE that dies.

No one should be FORCED to take that risk AGAINST their will.

When I get in an automobile, I am taking that risk.......VOLUNTARILY.......that is the difference........and it is a big one.
Yes .... and the 1.6 Million aborted babies didn't fare to well last year either. Did they ask for or have any say?

Old 04-11-2011, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
I'm not confused at all. I read posters, in one paragraph, state they support a woman's right to choose. Then, in another post, they support Roe v Wade which removes that same woman's right to choose after the first trimester. They use the "its the woman's body" argument but then support laws which limit 3rd trimester abortion while the fetus is still a part of the woman's body. Now, tell me how this can be consistent.
No, you are DEEPLY confused. Roe Vs Wade was a landmark decision making abortion legal.

You seem to think it was something else. You are very confused.

Old 04-11-2011, 11:59 PM

Quote:
If I get pregnant and I am forced to carry against my will.......do you think I am going to take "care" of the fetus?

I can live on twinkies and tuna fish {mercury}. I can smoke. I can drink. I can take drugs. I can drink 15 cups of coffee a day. I will not go for prenatal care. I will not take vitamins. How are you going to force me to take care of the fetus?

If we are going to force women to carry pregnancies against their will......how long will it be before we lock them up so they cannot "abuse" the fetus.

Breeding farms........not as far fetched as you would like to think.

After all, we can't have women producing inferior product for the adoption business.
You should be sterilized. ... then the problem is solved.

Old 04-12-2011, 12:00 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Yes .... and the 1.6 Million aborted babies didn't fare to well last year either. Did they ask for or have any say?
Hmmmm........the Republicans are voraciosly trying to slash social programs that are caring for the children that are here NOW........and you want to add 1.6 million more?

Just where is the money going to come from to care for those extra 1.6 million children?

Oh.......that's right.......you don't care......AFTER they are born.....NOT YOUR PROBLEM.

Old 04-12-2011, 12:06 AM

Quote:
You should be sterilized. ... then the problem is solved.
Why? Because YOU can't force me to live my life according to YOUR beliefs?

Too bad.....a burka is not a part of my wardrobe......as much as you would like it to be.

Old 04-12-2011, 12:10 AM

Quote:
I have noticed, there have been more than a few pro-lifers that have insinuated just that.

They whine about how hard it is to adopt. They whine about how expensive it is to adopt. They whine about how long they have TO WAIT for a BABY.....as in INFANT.

It makes me think that some pro-lifers simply want to ban abortion so there will be more children to choose from......perfect, white, infants.....to be exact.

And they call women who abort selfish.
It is your mental illness that prevents you from seeing that these people simply want to prevent the killing of babies. You think it is odd, and that there must be some hidden agenda behind it all.

There is no hidden agenda ... it's really quite clear. Right minded, humane individuals don't look upon killing babies as a legitimate "choice". They consider it killing babies. If you are so pro-choice, CHOOSE to keep your legs shut, or take appropriate precautions!

It's very simple really.

Old 04-12-2011, 12:17 AM

14,767 posts, read 17,116,607 times
Quote:
It is your mental illness that prevents you from seeing that these people simply want to prevent the killing of babies. You think it is odd, and that there must be some hidden agenda behind it all.

There is no hidden agenda ... it's really quite clear. Right minded, humane individuals don't look upon killing babies as a legitimate "choice". They consider it killing babies. If you are so pro-choice, CHOOSE to keep your legs shut, or take appropriate precautions!

It's very simple really.
You will never sway my opinion on this matter, and it seems your opinion will never change.

Its a nice position to have when you will never be faced with the possibility of being pregnant

Old 04-12-2011, 12:19 AM

Quote:

It's very simple really.
My mental illness? I am not the one that believes in an imaginary being in the sky.

I believe in the reality of scientific fact.......not "feel good" fairy tales.

I am not the one who believes that a fetus is a baby.

I have the mental acuity to discern the difference, you do not, so.....just who is mentally ill?

Old 04-12-2011, 12:20 AM

Quote:
It is a sad fact that most of the children languishing in the system as unadoptable are there because they are not white or because they are not an infant.

Not pulling a race card........just stating a FACT. Do some research.

And that is who's fault?

Where did you get your twisted logic from?

Let me explain something to you. Planned parent hood's roots are in the Eugenics circles ..... and the focus of the effort is to keep down the population of "undesirables" .... mainly, minorities, which is why the majority of Planned Parenthood facilities are in low income communities. That's a fact. You won't see a Planned Parenthood facility in Hollywood, or Monterrey, or any other wealthy community.

And it all revolves around an elitist attitude that the planet is occupied by 90% useless, resource consuming morons that need to be exercised from the planet.

And you know what? The more of this thread I read, the more I'm beginning to see their point.

Old 04-12-2011, 12:21 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,308,502 times
Quote:
And it all revolves around an elitist attitude that the planet is occupied by 90% useless, resource consuming morons that need to be exercised from the planet.

And you know what? The more of this thread I read, the more I'm beginning to see their point.
You mean, exorcised.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies