Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 02:57 AM

4,009 posts, read 5,735,077 times

Advertisements

Here's the article o the link below...Republicans are trying to slash Medicare and Medicade...stay tuned...Social Security will be their next target.

House GOP budget to call for big changes to Medicare, Medicaid - CNN.com#

Guess we've been shelling all of our hard earned money into these programs for nothing...according to the Republicans, anyways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2011, 03:16 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,074,696 times
Don't shoot the messenger.

Quote:
House GOP budget to call for big changes to Medicare, Medicaid - CNN.com

"The Congressional Budget Office has this economic model where they measure the economy going forward, and they are telling us that the entire economy crashes in the year 2037 because their computer simulation can't conceive of any way in which the U.S. economy can continue," Ryan told the GOP group.
"By the time my kids are my age, just those three programs -- Social Security, Medicaid and Medicare --will consume all federal revenues. There will be no room for anything else in the federal budget," Ryan said.

Old 04-03-2011, 04:33 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,613,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
Guess we've been shelling all of our hard earned money into these programs for nothing...according to the Republicans, anyways.
Until it affects them, and then they blame Democrats!

Old 04-03-2011, 04:42 AM

3,807 posts, read 4,277,616 times
Quote:
Here's the article o the link below...Republicans are trying to slash Medicare and Medicade...stay tuned...Social Security will be their next target.

Good. I'm all for it. In fact, I don't think they are cutting enough. They should slash Social Security while they are at it. At least they are doing SOMETHING to try and bring down this massive defict, which is going to bankrupt us and/or send us into a war with China.

You should be applauding their actions, by trying to avert World War III, instead of putting them down.

Old 04-03-2011, 05:22 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,830,075 times
LMAO...Line up and get your "medical cheese" great way to address the issue GOP

Old 04-03-2011, 05:24 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,830,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Good. I'm all for it. In fact, I don't think they are cutting enough. They should slash Social Security while they are at it. At least they are doing SOMETHING to try and bring down this massive defict, which is going to bankrupt us and/or send us into a war with China.

You should be applauding their actions, by trying to avert World War III, instead of putting them down.
Yeah, the debt will be shifted to states. Should the Fed get out of state bailouts altogether at this point? I think so.

Old 04-03-2011, 06:40 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:

They were elected to recycle the can, instead of kicking it farther down the road.

Entitlements are breaking us and taking our nation down to poverty.
Take a lesson about the collective compared to the individual, in the very first people that landed on our shores from Europe.

The collective about killed everyone from starvation. Only when private property was allowed, did the people that didn't work to provide for everyone, had to provide for themselves, or die... They got to work and our nation took off.

The collective starves everyone. Individualism, only starves those not taught how to fish.

Old 04-03-2011, 06:54 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,825,562 times
I'm all for medicaid cuts. Let's start by not allowing medicaid to pay for births. If you bring a child into this world you should pay for it...and all medical expenses for the next 18 years.

Old 04-03-2011, 07:07 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:

And are the Dems in the Senate on board ?
It's not like the Repubs took over all of Congress you know.
And even then..the Dem President has to sign anything passed.

Old 04-03-2011, 07:16 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,534,561 times
They better give me what I have put in. The gop will not be allowed to steal from the poor and give to the rich. After I get my fair share for the money I have put in for many many years the azzhat tea party can kill the poor as far as Im concerned. They let them take control so they deserve to be destroyed by the tea parties war on the middle class and poor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies