Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 08:04 PM

10,031 posts, read 9,507,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
LOL........you call it "BS".

It was a history making event and you call it "BS"..

I love how white folks show their true colors.
He's doing no more than any other president.

Some of you white folks are so arrogant. You act as if he's just doing a terrible job. Even if he turns out to be the worst president( you'd love that) ALL AMERICANS have it better than MOST citizens in other countries around the word.

The lifestyles that we live in the USA is not "NATURAL".......there is a reason why so many other countries around the world are filled with mass confusion.

We've been so used to living the good life that we take it for granted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
That might very well be the most delusional statement I've ever seen on CD. Congrats.
........ And certainly among the most racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2011, 08:21 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
The reason Allan Keys was never a black Rebublican presidential candidate was because most Whites wouldn't vote for him.
My husband and I are white, we would vote for Allan Keys!! I think he would make a better President than Obama!!

Allan Keys For President!!

Old 04-17-2011, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Blacks voting for blacks. Hispanics voting for hispanics. Voting for someone just because they share your race is BIGOTRY.
Was thinking the same thing. If we are voting by skin color...........God help the people!!

Old 04-17-2011, 08:32 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Let me preface my next statements by saying that I think Obama is doing a good job as POTUS given the state of the US when he took over office. But it is my fervent hope that within the next year that unemployment drops to a record low and that our economy makes a strong recovery.POTUS, look how he screwed up". This is never the case for white Presidents....their time in office is not a reflection on their entire race. With Obama, I fear the opposite will be the case.

I fear that if Obama goes out on a note where the US is still in recovery, future minority candidates will always be met with "Well, when there was a Black .
I for one will not look at it this way. In my opinion, there isn't anyone on this earth that could have brought this country up to par by now, given the mess that was laid in this President's lap on his first day in office........especially not John McCain.

Old 04-17-2011, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Was thinking the same thing. If we are voting by skin color...........God help the people!!

Yes, that would mean I would have voted for McCain......where is that pukey face smiley.....I could really use one right here!

Old 04-17-2011, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I for one will not look at it this way. In my opinion, there isn't anyone on this earth that could have brought this country up to par by now, given the mess that was laid in this President's lap on his first day in office........especially not John McCain.
I think both sides need to look for better candidates. President Obama has divided us even more. McCain was wrong was not the guy. President Obama came out of no where and his vision of America is not American.

If he were out to help the black community, then what has he been doing with all his time, before being President? Why hasn't he stopped illegal immigration, which, has defiantly hurt the black community.

Old 04-17-2011, 08:43 PM

3,617 posts, read 3,884,082 times
People can vote for whomever they want to, but, if they consistently vote for only one party as a distinct group, they shouldn't be surprised when that party cares more about swing voters than them, and the other party doesn't care about them at all.

This holds for all distinct partisan voting groups btw, not just ethnic groups.

Old 04-17-2011, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I think both sides need to look for better candidates. President Obama has divided us even more. McCain was wrong was not the guy. President Obama came out of no where and his vision of America is not American.

If he were out to help the black community, then what has he been doing with all his time, before being President? Why hasn't he stopped illegal immigration, which, has defiantly hurt the black community.
1. Obama"s vision of America is absolutely American.

2. George Bush had years to do something about immigration.....why didn't he? Maybe because his home state of Texas likes to take advantage of the illegal labor?

Don't hold your breath waiting for either party to totally solve the problem of illegal immigration. Especially the Republicans.......illegal labor is loved by their corporate base.....more so than the Democrats.

Old 04-17-2011, 09:09 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
1. Obama"s vision of America is absolutely American.

2. George Bush had years to do something about immigration.....why didn't he? Maybe because his home state of Texas likes to take advantage of the illegal labor?

Don't hold your breath waiting for either party to totally solve the problem of illegal immigration. Especially the Republicans.......illegal labor is loved by their corporate base.....more so than the Democrats.
Illegal labor is loved by the Rep. corp. base just as much as the potential illegal votes are loved by the Democrats.

Old 04-17-2011, 11:10 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,994,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
IT leads me to think that many whites just don't want blacks to "look out" for each other, you know, the way whites have been doing for years.
Whites don't "look out" for one another the way blacks do, they are independent of one another and do not suffer from groupthink.

If whites are as racist of blacks seem to think they are, and are only "looking out for their own kind", then Obama would have lost in a landslide.

The majority of blacks who voted for Obama were first-time voters and clearly voted for him because he's black, not because they knew anything about his politics. They just wanted to vote for a brother, even if they admitted behind closed doors that he wasn't "black enough".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies