Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2011, 08:43 AM

810 posts, read 837,302 times

Advertisements

Most people are not racist even though they would rather prefer to congregate with their own kind, be it blacks, whites, Japanese or Jewish. The issue people have, and rightfully so, is that crime committed by blacks is unproportionally high compared to their population numbers. Latinos have the same economic inequalities as blacks, but the number of violent crimes committed by them in this country is half of what occurs in black communities.

And with the advent of the internet, where news spreads fast, we see more and more that the individuals doing these kinds of outrages are people of black heritage. For every video of a white beating someone there are four videos of blacks doing it. For every incident of a Latino assaulting others there are three where blacks are the aggressors. This unproportionality is what causes people to feel angry at the thug sub-culture that exists within the black community. They are wondering, what is causing them to be like this?

Old 04-23-2011, 08:55 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,304,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
Was it a guy or not?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Not a genetic born female.
So, is that a guy? Sounds like a guy. Was he in the 'ladies' room, or should I say 'genetic born female' room?

Old 04-23-2011, 09:02 AM

2,301 posts, read 2,033,947 times
I thought this thread had been closed. Maybe they were waiting for my opinion. After all, I really do know everything.

Anyway, I call these kind of threads "incident threads" because they are about isolated incidents and not something like government policy or debates about war. This is not to say that "incident threads" aren't ever worthy of discussion. But they are about one, single incident, and nothing more. Another words, we are not talking about cross-racial restaurant beatings becoming a fashion trend. As bad as the incident is, it doesn't beckon any reason for a society-wide concern. It might just as well be a thread containing a video of a cow being struck by lightning.

Okay, having gone through that, is there any real evidence that the incident has any real racial components, or do we just project a racial component on the incident? I don't know. I'm asking as kind of a devil's advocate sort of thing.

As for Sharpton and Jackson, their jobs generally are not to defend white folks. That should be understood. See, if a union truck driver is in an accident involving an ordinary motorist, the truck driver's union will not come to the aid of the motorist in an effort find the union truck driver at fault. It doesn't work that way.

Old 04-23-2011, 09:43 AM

5,528 posts, read 7,495,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalileoSmith View Post
I thought this thread had been closed. Maybe they were waiting for my opinion. After all, I really do know everything.
It was closed for Mod Review.

Old 04-23-2011, 09:50 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
So now the problem is public housing and government assistance?

Um... NO.

It's called No Cohesive Familial Structure.

Children have been raising children for a long time, and this is the result.

This thread is not about what "black people need to have done to them so they get their act together".

This thread is about two teen girls (14 and 18) who beat the hell out of a 22 year old transsexual at Mc Donalds.

Nothing more or less.
And because he was using the women's bathroom.

Probably the beating didn't have to do with race at all. We don't really know, and probably there was some pack-mentality going on that encouraged the young girls to keep it up, plus the fact that the victim never put up any resistance.

You'd have to see what all transpired -- it seems that it was the use of the bathroom that triggered the event. Probably not just that guy's presence in the restaurant. It had something to do with him being in the women's room.

But - he could have been beat up for using the men's room dressed like that.

Old 04-23-2011, 09:55 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,464,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
The stats I've seen from the FBI show blacks committing 49% of this country's murders.
If I'm not mistaken, most of them are black on black though, which while it's still murder, changes the racial implications.

Old 04-23-2011, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
If I'm not mistaken, most of them are black on black though, which while it's still murder, changes the racial implications.
Most violent crimes are done by blacks against whites, Latinos, and Asians than vice versa for all three of them.

Old 04-23-2011, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalileoSmith View Post
Okay, having gone through that, is there any real evidence that the incident has any real racial components, or do we just project a racial component on the incident? I don't know. I'm asking as kind of a devil's advocate sort of thing.
I agree with you that it's important not to give too much weight to any single one incident, but in my experience as someone who is non-gender conforming and who has been in a long-term relationship with someone who is non-gender conforming and black, transgender people are even lower on the totem pole discrimination-wise than black people. This incident confirms what I've already experienced having been part of the LGBTQ community and the Black community through my ex.

Old 04-23-2011, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenDullesMJ12 View Post
Most violent crimes are done by blacks against whites, Latinos, and Asians than vice versa for all three of them.
I was talking about murder specifically. I think murder specifically tends to be more black on black.

Old 04-23-2011, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
I was talking about murder specifically. I think murder specifically tends to be more black on black.
I am talking about interracial murder. Blacks kill more whites, Asians, and Latinos than vice versa.

But of course blacks are going to kill blacks more, since they live next to each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies