Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2007, 02:26 PM

1,498 posts, read 3,465,667 times

Advertisements

Everyone keeps saying they have to pray 5 times a day, great for them , but not in public schools. Muslim law states they must pray ...... whatever, they should have thought of that before moving to a non muslim country. And if they are not happy in America because the schools tell them they can't pray, I'll help them pack !! I see this as an infringement on the separation of church and state plain and simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2007, 02:31 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,726,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remember-voltaire View Post
soros

for a man who has moved to england and then america and his family has escaped you would think he would be more than happy with the liberties of the host countries instead of trying to change them to suit himself

As for the ACLU well They seem happy to go after many aspects of christianity yet muslims in san diego are allowed to say prayer in two different classrooms one male and the other female during school time and they do nothing about that

the hypocrisy is astounding
Yes it is.....I'm sick with it. Soon it will be time to take back America......

Old 08-07-2007, 07:55 PM

79 posts, read 249,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by just kate View Post
We, the US, is so busy trying not to offend anyone that we are quickly erroding the concepts, yes, Chrisitian concepts, that the country was built on and giving away our own culture, freedoms and beliefs in the process.
So well put, thank you-

Old 08-07-2007, 08:27 PM

484 posts, read 1,944,787 times
Why not? The noontime prayer takes 2 or 3 minutes. If a school converts an empty classroom to a "quiet room", and anyone can use it anytime, what's the problem?

The college I attend has a "Quiet Room" that is officially for private reflection. Anyone can pray there, as long as it doesn't involve blood or fire.

Oh, and Christian kids can pray in school whenever they want. They just can't be led in prayer.

Old 08-07-2007, 09:08 PM

79 posts, read 249,801 times
As I've been saying.....

We are treading or should I say cantering down a dangerous path.

The US, thanks to all the liberal special interest groups, the ACLU and so forth care more for outsiders than gool old Americans.

If we continue this route we will loose this once great country.

Know what I'd say? Go wash your smelly feet at home, just make sure you pass the nearest airport on the way........

Old 08-07-2007, 09:51 PM

562 posts, read 660,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Winter View Post
Everyone keeps saying they have to pray 5 times a day, great for them , but not in public schools. Muslim law states they must pray ...... whatever, they should have thought of that before moving to a non muslim country. And if they are not happy in America because the schools tell them they can't pray, I'll help them pack !! I see this as an infringement on the separation of church and state plain and simple.
Oh man, I totally agree! Couldn't have said it better myself. I'll help em pack as well.... and toss a grenade in their suitcase as well so when they walk away it gets rid of them for good

Old 08-07-2007, 10:25 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,065,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrey View Post
Oh man, I totally agree! Couldn't have said it better myself. I'll help em pack as well.... and toss a grenade in their suitcase as well so when they walk away it gets rid of them for good
Torrey, you are a complete turd. You say to drop a granade in thier shorts. You idiot, it takes two, at a minimum.

You say suitcase, hell, it may have been carry on. Might be 3 or 4 isles away. Make it count, drop it in their shorts.

Old 08-08-2007, 06:16 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,663,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Winter View Post
One nation under GOD.... this country was founded under those beliefs
Well, actually, no, it wasn't. "Under God" was added to the Pledge of Allegiance during the height of the Red Scare in the 1950s. The pledge had existed just fine for decades without serving as a religious oath.

Old 08-08-2007, 06:18 AM

3,352 posts, read 6,663,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo50 View Post
As I've been saying.....

We are treading or should I say cantering down a dangerous path.
I agree. It's time to get rid of leaders who wipe their feet on the Constitution.

Old 08-10-2007, 11:39 PM

660 posts, read 2,441,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by just kate View Post
We, the US, is so busy trying not to offend anyone that we are quickly erroding the concepts, yes, Chrisitian concepts, that the country was built on and giving away our own culture, freedoms and beliefs in the process.
you know i basically made that same statement one time about the country being built on christian values and somebody told me that i was wrong
nice to see somebody agrees with me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies