Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 01:39 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,953,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
If you think JFK would stand with the Liberal crazies that have hijacked the Dem party you are out of touch!
And if you think that he'd stand with the Tea Party, you're delusional. Do you actually think he would've changed parties? Ted didn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 01:40 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,467,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
LMAO....funny how they care so much about black people so long as they have an R after their names. But any ordinary black person couldn't get the time of day from these folks.

What kills me is how they know so much about how the black community thinks about this or that....as if we run up to white people and tell them how we hate black Republicans.
What kills me is that the majority of the black community does not see how the Dems use them for their own gains and they cannot see it.

Old 04-25-2011, 01:42 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,552,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
You wouldn't know...which is what i've been telling you. And you never will know. You can offer conjecture based on anecdotes, but that's still weak.

And i don't care how many vids you offer up. You can post all the vids you want. You've got vids...i've got experience. I rub elbows, hit the black barbershops, the family reunions, the BBQ's, the lodges, etc, and you're nowhere to be found. I go where you can't...that's valuable in this argument.

You can only talk to the 2 or 3 black folks you know, plus maybe a little talk radio courtesy of Limbaugh, Savage, Hannity, or some other clown, and form an opinion. And that opinion sounds ignorant and uninformed right off the top. If you were to approach a group of black men and spout this stuff, you'd get stared at as if you were an alien and would probably be met with silence. Or told to GTFOH with your nonsense.
You wrote, "I go where you can't".

Are you saying that as an American, there are places in my own country that I can't go?

Will I be killed if I attempted to go there?

Old 04-25-2011, 01:42 PM

Quote:
What kills me is that the majority of the black community does not see how the Dems use them for their own gains and they cannot see it.
The same can be said of those who vote for Republicans and vote against their own interests or the single issue voters who think some Republican president is going to overturn Roe V. Wade. You have no idea what the black community sees and your statement is an insult to the intelligence of the average black voter. The people at the top use people, period. It's not just black people who get used.

Old 04-25-2011, 01:45 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,258,959 times
Quote:
Really? And you're really concerned about this, huh?

Well do tell! Please, how is the Democratic Party using this black man who is an Army veteran, with a decent job, decent home, good marriage, college educated son, a few nickels in the bank, and is pretty happy with his otherwise hum-drum life?

I just gotta hear this!

Old 04-25-2011, 01:46 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,552,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Then why post it?
Because as an "outsider" I wish to learn about these people whom I can never understand according to Detroiter.

But since blacks in America number more than 35,000,000 I think that Mr. Detroiter has not met and gotten to know them all.

Perhaps others on the inside of this secret society can indeed, teach me despite my existence as an "outsider".

So please, insiders, explain what is going on in that video. Why do the Obama supporters reject Ron Paul out of hand?

Old 04-25-2011, 01:49 PM

The irony...in one post, they accuse people of being racist against black conservatives and in another, they make vast generalizations about the black voting population who they think are too stupid to make an educated decision and you wonder why Republicans are associated with racism...smh.

Old 04-25-2011, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
You wrote, "I go where you can't".

Are you saying that as an American, there are places in my own country that I can't go?

Will I be killed if I attempted to go there?
LMAO...It's telling that you talk about being killed.

What's that...self flattery? Now please tell me, why would we waste time killing you? Who are you that we should feel threatened enough to kill you?

So since you're so given to hyperbole, i'll change my language a bit (to lessen your fear...or ego!), i go places that you WON'T go and have no need to go.

That better?

In other words, i have interaction with my people...intimate interaction. I have an ear to how my people feel on certain issues. Do i or can i speak for all black people? No! Emphatically, no. But at least i'm in the room when the discussions are going on and not making opinions while being the person standing outside of the window looking in.

Not that you don't have a right to your opinions....mind you. You do. They're interesting too. But ultimately, inaccurate and uninformed.

Old 04-25-2011, 01:55 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,097,482 times
Quote:
Because as an "outsider" I wish to learn about these people whom I can never understand according to Detroiter.
You don't do self-pity well.

Quote:
Why do the Obama supporters reject Ron Paul out of hand?
Gift of perception?

Perhaps the Paul family opposition to the Civil Rights Act of 1964 might be a good starting point.

Old 04-25-2011, 01:55 PM

Quote:

But since blacks in America number more than 35,000,000 I think that Mr. Detroiter has not met and gotten to know them all.

Perhaps others on the inside of this secret society can indeed, teach me despite my existence as an "outsider".

So please, insiders, explain what is going on in that video. Why do the Obama supporters reject Ron Paul out of hand?
So now, you're owed an explanation?

That video is what it is. Take it with a grain of salt, or believe in it to the fullest. Why should i care about how you feel as it pertains to that video? None of us are stupid enough to believe that anything we say would influence you anyway.

If that video has influenced your thinking in a type of way that is negative towards African Americans, then so be it. I see no reason why i should try and make you see it any other way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies