Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 12:58 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,218,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
How can anyone steal from the poor when 47% of American tax payers pay no federal income taxes in the first place?
What was that?...

How are they taxpayers if they do not pay taxes?

They are considered poor enough to be exempt from the income tax.

When you have 20% of the population owning 80% of the wealth, and you have 80% of the people living on 20% of the money, something has to give.

Republicans want that to be the 80% that lives on the 20%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 01:15 PM

1,496 posts, read 3,386,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimer2 View Post
What was that?...

When you have 20% of the population owning 80% of the wealth, and you have 80% of the people living on 20% of the money, something has to give.

Look fiscal liberals are all free to give the government as much money as you like. No one stopping them. Better yet, bypass the government and anyone is free to give to their favorite charity for the poor and indigent. No one is stopping anyone, even the wealthy go gooders, who complain the rich don't pay enough in taxes. Be my guest and put YOUR money where your sentiments lie. No one in the world stopping any of the bleeding hearts in helping the poor.

Old 04-25-2011, 01:17 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,980,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Republicans Call for Economic Suicide One More Time | CJOnline.com

While it defies history and good sense, Republicans continue to vigorously support tax cuts for richest Americans. To find the money, they intend to shift the increasing costs of health care to the elderly and disabled. It would be hell, and Obama in his soft, professorial way said so.
Since the poor pay little if any income tax, exactly how is money being stolen from them? Unless you speak progressive-speak: not giving the poor more entitlements is taking from them?

Old 04-25-2011, 01:22 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,980,893 times
Quote:
What was that?...

When you have the top 10% paying 68%, and the bottom 47% paying less than 3%, I'd say something DOES have to give. Those 47% need to pay their fair SHARE.

Old 04-25-2011, 01:24 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,742,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Since the poor pay little if any income tax, exactly how is money being stolen from them?
Taxation is not the only way for the government to confiscate purchasing power. When the federal government prints money, it steals from the purchasing power of the poor and working classes more than it does the purchasing power of the wealthy. Among many other distortions, it creates a seperate class of investors who have access to federally-originated capital that non-wealthy, non-connected people do not.

We have a progressive tax system and a regressive monetary system, which is why wealth inequality continues to grow, despite the fact that the poor pay no federal income taxes.

Last edited by le roi; 04-25-2011 at 01:34 PM..

Old 04-25-2011, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brien51 View Post
Look you fiscal liberals are all free to give the government as much money as you like. No one stopping you. Better yet, bypass the government and anyone is free to give to their favorite charity for the poor and indigent. No one is stopping you and wealthy go gooders who complain the rich don't pay enough in taxes. Be my geust and put YOUR money where your sentiments lie. No one in the world stopping any of you bleeding hearts in helping the poor.
Fortunately for me, I am not in personal financial distress.

Perhaps you missed the point.

Our disparity of wealth is more a reflection of failed social and economic policies than it is of any actual effort or contribution to our society effected by the wealthy.

There is no money for most, as the right wing policy effectors already own it.

The French people came up with their own solutions under Louie when they decided that enough was enough.

Do Republicans really want revolution?

Old 04-25-2011, 01:26 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,742,017 times
Quote:
A loaded word? It's two word "term" meant to divide the electorate.

Fine. If you don't understand the term class warfare, you likely fall into the latter part of the sentence.

If you do, then you are being disingenuous to say it is a shame and dishonest because the politicians elected by both parties do it in every election. Obama's last national campaign is a excellent example, and one could see it in almost every campaign appearence.

So, unless you don't vote for either major party, you may have a case here in terms of the current wave of some independent politicians, but otherwise, you are merely whisling past the graveyard here.

So, I suppose it is now politically incorrect for YOU to use the term "class warfare" but sorry, not for me, and many others, who recognize a campaign shill and strawman when we see one.

I can't address your last stament because it is irrelevant to me since I never raised the issue of income tax only here.

The parts of that which made sense don't relate to my post; I can only figure that you didn't understand what I said.

Old 04-25-2011, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Fortunately for me, I am not in personal financial distress.

Perhaps you missed the point.

Our disparity of wealth is more a reflection of failed social and economic policies than it is of any actual effort or contribution to our society effected by the wealthy.

There is no money for most, as the right wing policy effectors already own it.

The French people came up with their own solutions under Louie when they decided that enough was enough.

Do Republicans really want revolution?
Do you have statistics to prove the "right wing" owns most of the wealth in the US? Who is the right wing anyway? I am not sure the RW wealthy control any more than the "left wing" wealthy, like Geo Soros. It is the government that controls the economy. And the government is controlled by the politicians not the free market. I agree the political economic policies are pretty much a failure.

I don't know about the Republicans.

I only can speak for my own Libertarian viewpoints in that the free market is the best way for the economy to thrive.

Picture the current large flea markets. People trade amoungt themselves with nary any government involvement and everyone benefits because government intervention is almost completely absent. Once government gets involved in most anything, it gums up the works.

Last edited by brien51; 04-25-2011 at 02:07 PM..

Old 04-25-2011, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
The parts of that which made sense don't relate to my post; I can only figure that you didn't understand what I said.

Then I think you fall into the latter part of my original post's first sentence.

Old 04-25-2011, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Do you have statistics to prove the "right wing" owns most of the wealth in the US? Who is the right wing anyway?

I don't know about the Republicans.

I only can speak for my own Libertarian viewpoints in that the free market is the best way for the economy to thrive.

Picture the current large flea markets. People trade amoungt themselves with nary any government involvement and everyone benefits because government intervention is almost completely absent. Once government gets involved in most anything, it gums up the works.
Libertarian Utopia.

Survival of the fittest.

We don't need no stinkin government.

Well, best you prepare to die fairly young and be eaten.

Wow. Well say what you like, but even the hippies were gettin drafted before complaining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies