Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Gender Neutral Bathrooms in Public Places
Are a great idea and should be required nationwide 7 10.00%
Are a crazy idea and should not be required nationwide 42 60.00%
Accommodations should be made for people who identify with another gender 8 11.43%
Accommodations should never be made for people who identify with a different gender 15 21.43%
Should be created by raising taxes 5 7.14%
Should be created by private funds 18 25.71%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 12:05 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
OMG.......I'm gay but I gota say....she's gorgeous!!!!!

Maybe she's(Lucky Gem) afraid of competition! .
Not hardly. There IS no competition because I'm the genuine article and THAT is a facsimile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2011, 01:14 AM

6,790 posts, read 8,199,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Do you or "Florida conservatives" know what "transgender" means?

It is not transvestisim (guy in a dress).

The intention of the law is to allow transpeople LIVING THEIR LIVES as their inner gender to use the bathrooms. Many will get gender re-assignment surgery, and eventually, legally change their sex. However, it is very expensive, and I think most psychologists do not clear a transgendered person for surgery unless they live "X" amount of time, full time, as the "other gender." Sometimes half of the surgery is complted (the easy stuff like breast implants or removal) while the genitalia is still there.

Why does that make you uncomfortable? Identify your source of fear and insecurity for us.
I don't know if anyone is going to answer your question, but it is a very good one. I can't imagine what harm would come from a transgendered person in being in a bathroom. I am a female, if a male has decided to become female, I couldn't care less if she needs to use the bathroom I am in. It's a bathroom, we all go in and do our business and leave.

A transgendered man is not likely to be sexually interested in me, even if they were, so what, lesbians use the women's restroom, and manage to control themselves, I'm told I am a very attractive woman, yet someone they manage to resist me while I'm using the facilities. Seriously, people need to stop thinking that everyone who is gay, or transgendered thinks about nothing but sex all day, every day, as though they are simply sex machines rather than full human beings just like you, or that they will automatically be interested in you just because of your gender.

There seems to be so much terror that's always about a perceived sexual threat, as though a man who lives as a woman couldn't possibly just go into a bathroom and use it without thinking about sex, or peeping at children. It's ridiculous, people need to educate themselves, you don't have to agree with anyone else's lifestyle, but you do need to treat everyone with common respect, and realize that they are human beings just like you, not criminals out to attack you or your children. People who spend all their time trying to protect themselves, and their children from people who are different could very well miss it when a real criminal comes into their lives.

Last edited by detshen; 04-28-2011 at 01:31 AM..

Old 04-28-2011, 05:38 AM
SB4

46 posts, read 49,896 times
If you have a dick, use the bathroom with the urinals. WTF

Old 04-28-2011, 05:53 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,216,280 times
Quote:
What do you think of public establishments requiring a gender neutral bathroom?
Should gender defined bathrooms be eliminated?
What are the cons and pros of having gender neutral bathrooms?
I'm not sure it's going to be possible to teach women the 'vacant urinal' rule.

Old 04-28-2011, 09:35 AM

315 posts, read 366,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB4 View Post
If you have a dick, use the bathroom with the urinals. WTF
So you'd be cool with women coming in and taking up the stalls in the men's room?

Also, do you check the genitals of every guy who comes into the men's room to pee? Because there are trans men, too. And they generally use the men's restroom.

Old 04-28-2011, 09:43 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
If it looks too political, I just pee in the alley.

Old 04-28-2011, 09:46 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post

Should gender defined bathrooms be eliminated?

What are the cons and pros of having gender neutral bathrooms?

*** The poll is multiple choice ***
I'll use whatever is available, so I don't care at all unless the idiots in Washington decide to use our tax money for this.

We don't need government telling anybody how to build or designate bathrooms for any reason. That is not a valid government function.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:13 AM

376 posts, read 295,837 times
The poll is flawed

Need to add

"Who gives a S**t?

Old 04-28-2011, 11:01 AM

3,681 posts, read 6,275,166 times
Businesses should provide what they want to provide. The needs of the community will make themselves apparent and the business can respond or risk losing business. The government should keep out of it.

Maine tried making the public school bathrooms gender neutral a while back. I think they tried sneaking it in but some parents found out and were trying to fight it. Don't know how it all turned out. I think Schools need to provide separate boy/girl bathrooms for the safety and sanity of the children. I don't think kids should be encouraged with transgendered behaviors. Adults can make this type of decision for themselves. JMNSHO

Old 04-28-2011, 08:56 PM
SB4

46 posts, read 49,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbitMage View Post
So you'd be cool with women coming in and taking up the stalls in the men's room?

Also, do you check the genitals of every guy who comes into the men's room to pee? Because there are trans men, too. And they generally use the men's restroom.
If you don't have a dick, use the one without the urinals.

I don't check. I don't think we've ever checked. People just have the common sense to use the right bathroom (at least I thought so).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies