Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 06:15 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,846,981 times

Advertisements

The US will not pull out of IRAQ until the four major international oil companies have a guaranteed lock on the rest of the oil under the country. That oil is worth an estimated 10 trillion dollars over the next 20 years and that is enough money to justify any atrocity.

The bottom line is that American troops will occupy IRAQ forever. Or at least until most of the oil is pumped and shipped to China at great profit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2007, 01:54 PM

24,514 posts, read 33,350,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
The US will not pull out of IRAQ until the four major international oil companies have a guaranteed lock on the rest of the oil under the country. That oil is worth an estimated 10 trillion dollars over the next 20 years and that is enough money to justify any atrocity.

The bottom line is that American troops will occupy IRAQ forever. Or at least until most of the oil is pumped and shipped to China at great profit.
I've been hearing since 1991 that the U.S. is involved in Iraq only for their oil.

So, tell me... when will the U.S. start "stealing" the oil?
And if the U.S. is only interested in oil, why are we involved in countries which don't have a large oil supply like Afghanistan and Israel?

Old 08-03-2007, 10:41 PM

308 posts, read 712,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
I have been told by Congressional Insiders that there is no way America will be pulling any large number of troops out of Iraq anytime soon. Even if a Democratic Candidate wins the White House in 2008, there will be no troop pull out.

The dirty little secret is we need to stay for the next 5 plus years or more, why?

There are tens of thousands of Contactors in Iraq who need our support. They are a powerful group of Fortune 500 Companies who pretty much control Washington

Moving our troops out will increase the death of our troops because we can not fly most of them out with our billions of dollars worth of military equipment. If we leave just a few troops in Iraq they will be killed without the necessary support

It would take 2 years to move our troops and equipment out of Iraq anyway.

Every time we turn an area over to the Iraq Army after we fight to control it, chaos takes over. They are not trained or equiped to take over control without our help.

When Iraq falls control of its oil will fall in the wrong hands. The Middle East will go crazy when we admit defeat and withdraw. It would ruin the Global Economy.
------------------------------------------------
I, personally hate the war and wish we could get out, but know all the talk about withdrawal is just for politics. We will not be leaving Iraq for maybe 10 years.

We were freaking told this in 2002 by Democrats and Republicans before the Iraq War began!

My god the intellectual dishonesty of our media and the Left makes me freaking puke.

Democrat President Candidate, JOE BIDEN, told Americans we would be in Iraq for at least 10 years and with thousands of troops. Democrats knew this when they VOTED FOR THE IRAQ WAR!!

OP-ED: Iraq: The Decade After (broken link)

Quote:
December 20, 2002
Op-Ed

OP-ED: Iraq: The Decade After

This op-ed originally appeared in THE WASHINGTON POST on December 20, 2002.

IRAQ: THE DECADE AFTER

By Joseph R. Biden and Chuck Hagel

The United States will face enormous challenges in a post-Saddam Hussein Iraq, as well as broad regional questions that must be addressed. These are both matters that members of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee have been focusing on for some time. During a week-long trip to the region, we came away with a better understanding of the possibilities and perils that lie ahead.

In northern Iraq we saw the extraordinary potential of Iraqis once they are out from under Saddam Hussein's murderous hand. New hospitals, schools, roads and lively media are testimony to the determination of Iraqi Kurds and to the bravery of coalition air crews patrolling the no-fly zone. Just a few hours' drive from the oppressive rule in Baghdad, a freely elected regional government and legislature (which we were honored to address) are embarked on a path of clear-eyed realism. While neighboring countries fear an independent Kurdistan, Kurdish leaders appear committed to working together for a united Iraq. They realize they could lose everything they have built in the past decade by pursuing independence.

Although no one doubts our forces will prevail over Saddam Hussein's, key regional leaders confirm what the Foreign Relations Committee emphasized in its Iraq hearings last summer: The most challenging phase will likely be the day after -- or, more accurately, the decade after -- Saddam Hussein.

Once he is gone, expectations are high that coalition forces will remain in large numbers to stabilize Iraq and support a civilian administration. That presence will be necessary for several years, given the vacuum there, which a divided Iraqi opposition will have trouble filling and which some new Iraqi military strongman must not fill. Various experts have testified that as many as 75,000 troops may be necessary, at a cost of up to $ 20 billion a year. That does not include the cost of the war itself, or the effort to rebuild Iraq.

All Democrats knew this and Americans were told these facts, also.

In March 2003 Hillary Clinton spoke to Code Pink about her unilateral support of the Iraq War.

She also told Code Pink that she based her decision to
approve the Iraq War from over 10 years of experience,
mostly under husband's administration's dealings with Iraq.

Hillary was acting
like a big big girl and not blaming Bush for making up intelligence, because she said she based the majority of her decision on over 10 years of intelligence, which had come under her husband President Clinton:

Watch the damn video for yourself:

YouTube - Hillary Clinton's views on going to war, Saddam and WMD

Quote:
Hillary Clinton to Code Pink:
Quote:
"There's a very easy way to prevent anyone from being put into harm's way and that is for Saddam Hussein to disarm and I have absolutely no belief that he will."

"I have to say that this is something I've followed for a DECADE. If he were serious about disarming he would have been much more forthcoming. "

"... And, the very difficult question is for all of us is how does one bring about the disarmament of someone with such a proven track record of a commitment if not an obsession of weapons of mass destruction?"

In comparing the pending Iraq war Hillary Clinton actually brings up her husband's decision to "go it alone" in Bosnia and Kosovo and why she supports America doing the same with Saddam Hussein and Iraq:

Quote:
===============================
Quote from Hillary Clinton to Code Pink:

"I'm talking specifically about what HAD to be done in Bosnia and Kosovo,
where my husband
could not get a Security Council Resolution to save the Kosovar Albanians from ethnic cleansing,

and WE DID IT ALONE

AS THE UNITED STATES WE HAD TO DO IT ALONE............

I'm happy, in the face of such horrible suffering, we did act."
===============================

I was surprised watching Hillary tell a Code Pink member to essentially "shove it" at the end of the video,
angrily shake her finger and state "I am going to keep Americans safe"
by approving force to remove Saddam Hussein.

Hillary also knew the stakes and knew we would be in Iraq for at least 10 years.

We are still in Japan and Germany. One was against the Iraq War and one supported it, but they are both FREE DEMOCRACIES! The Iraqi people still need us.

The moral relativism of our media and Left makes me puke.

Old 08-04-2007, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjukken View Post
Well. to take out Sadam was a good thing. Tho it seems to be done for reasons Iraq had nothing to do with.

But still Sadam was not a good leader.

Tho many say that some soldiers and actions done in Iraq by americans are the same or similar to actions america calls terrorist actions.

But when americans do it its "freeing a nation" U even denied pep their rights and put them in jail without court. and U even tortured pep. and thats some how okey for ur administration when america is doing it.
But when others are doing it its about the worst thing that can happen.

When "others do it" they don't allow 12 million people to vote for their own freedom and Democratically elected Government.

al-Qaeda and Islamic terrorists threatened Iraqis with beheading and death if they voted and if they caught iraqis with voting ink on their finger.
CNN.com - Iraqi militant group threatens election - Nov 18, 2004

Radio Australia - News - Terrorists threaten Iraqi polls (broken link)

In comparison American Soldies risked their lives on Iraqi Election Day to protect Iraqis from these terrorists. They also watched Iraqis children as they entered the polls to vote.

Terrorists threaten and kill Iraqi womena and children, but Iraqis trust American Soldiers around their own children.

But you see an equivalence somehow? Disgusting and mind boggling.

Old 08-05-2007, 01:15 AM

24,514 posts, read 33,350,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American_Libertarian View Post
When "others do it" they don't allow 12 million people to vote for their own freedom and Democratically elected Government.

In comparison American Soldies risked their lives on Iraqi Election Day to protect Iraqis from these terrorists. They also watched Iraqis children as they entered the polls to vote.

Terrorists threaten and kill Iraqi womena and children, but Iraqis trust American Soldiers around their own children.

But you see an equivalence somehow? Disgusting and mind boggling.
I completely agree. The U.S., at the cost of our soldier's lives, liberate Iraq and we have to hear this garbage about how we are "denying Iraqi's rights" by putting them in jail. During a war, and you are being fired at, you either kill the ones doing it or capture and confine them. You don't take them to court! As for the "torture" (mistreatment, actually) those responsible end up in military court and/or court martialed... torture is NOT U.S. policy.

I'm really getting tired of this "U.S. are the bad guys" junk. Some people criticize the U.S. more than the criticize the terrorists! How's that for backwards thinking?

Old 08-05-2007, 04:37 AM

243 posts, read 704,439 times
Propoganda is big.

here too i see.

photos like this is good. tho can for some look staged.
others know others dont.

because of resent warnings i wont find other photos to go along here.

THo im disapointed that u havent read my posts. if u did u wouldent aim so much at me. Im prob the only non american who gives u some credit for the help u do. (tho unlike others im not blind)

Old 08-05-2007, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Propoganda is big.

here too i see.

photos like this is good. tho can for some look staged.
others know others dont.

because of resent warnings i wont find other photos to go along here.

THo im disapointed that u havent read my posts. if u did u wouldent aim so much at me. Im prob the only non american who gives u some credit for the help u do. (tho unlike others im not blind)

Why would YOU find it necessary to post nasty terrible photos everyone has seen already over and over and over again?

How many positive photos have YOU ever seen from Iraq? Most have know idea all the good that is going on in Iraq right now!!

There are many more of these photos and videos. Many positive accomplishments are occurring in Iraq and the majority of Iraqis appreciate American Soldiers sacrifice and Iraqi children LOVE LOVE LOVE our American Soldiers!

YouTube - Shoes

YouTube - Operation Iraqi Freedom ; the Iraq war

YouTube - shocking video from Iraq

YouTube - Ignoring the Violence, If Only For a While

YouTube - That's Some Damn Good Counterinsurgency Going on There!

This is why American Soldiers are REENLISTING at RECORD numbers to stay in Iraq. They know the Iraqis appreciate them and what they are doing is the right thing to do.

http://deadcantrant.com/shared/images/iraq.child_kissing_soldier.jpg (broken link)

http://powerlineblog.com/archives/Iraqithumbs.jpg (broken link)

http://www.image-upload.net/files/15/ChildNsoldier.jpg (broken link)

Iraqis come up to American Soldiers every day and thank them for their sacrifice and trust American Soldiers around their own children and let their children run up to them, kiss them, hug them, greet them all the time.

What you think you know about Iraq is not all the facts on the ground over there.

I am sorry and sad that when you see photos like this the first thing you think of to do is to post negative photos.

Old 08-05-2007, 01:53 PM

Siden du ikke kan lese engelsk så skriver jeg på norsk.

jeg skrev att det var gode bilder.
jeg sa bare att det er unødvendig og vise dem slik. Dette sa jeg fordi ingen har vist bilder om andr ting som faktisk skjer der.

dermed ser dette ut som propeganda.

og i og med det faktumet att jeg så mangeganger har sakt att jeg støtter angrepet mot Sadam. Så kommer "alle" og angriper meg.

Er dere amerikanere så tette i pappemn att dere ikke ser hva som står svart på hvit?

Og bare svarer bare på måfå.

I know the facts. America is not the only one in Iraq.
Dont think evry one are blind.

Tho U go to conclutions that are weird. considering that i sevral times have stated that takin out sadam was good. I also pointed out that there has been done good in Iraq. Tho also said that there has been some realy bad **** to.

tho stil u seems only to read a litel part ignore the rest. Fabric a meaning post photos even tho ther has not been any photos in this tread showing the opposite... what does that mean?

I said not to post negative photos.. pleas read..

And what do u know.. same as evry one thats not there. what the goverment and media tell U.

Old 08-05-2007, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Siden du ikke kan lese engelsk så skriver jeg på norsk.

jeg skrev att det var gode bilder.
jeg sa bare att det er unødvendig og vise dem slik. Dette sa jeg fordi ingen har vist bilder om andr ting som faktisk skjer der.

dermed ser dette ut som propeganda.

og i og med det faktumet att jeg så mangeganger har sakt att jeg støtter angrepet mot Sadam. Så kommer "alle" og angriper meg.

Er dere amerikanere så tette i pappemn att dere ikke ser hva som står svart på hvit?

Og bare svarer bare på måfå.

I know the facts. America is not the only one in Iraq.
Dont think evry one are blind.

Tho U go to conclutions that are weird. considering that i sevral times have stated that takin out sadam was good. I also pointed out that there has been done good in Iraq. Tho also said that there has been some realy bad **** to.

tho stil u seems only to read a litel part ignore the rest. Fabric a meaning post photos even tho ther has not been any photos in this tread showing the opposite... what does that mean?

I said not to post negative photos.. pleas read..

And what do u know.. same as evry one thats not there. what the goverment and media tell U.

JEG er smerter enn en pappeske.

vi fikk av det galt fot meg norsk bror. JEG overveie du er en fint personen.

I served 8 years in the U.S. Army National Guard, as an Infantry Soldier and I get my information directly from Iraqis, American Soldiers, and the U.S. Military.

Everyone knows about the negatives so showing photos everyone has seen many times doesn't "enlighten" anyone.

I think you and I can find more common ground.

This is the first time I have read anything you have said and I misunderstood your position.

Old 08-06-2007, 03:34 AM

hehe )

Yeah.. I understand.

gues its easy to missunderstand. (and my english might help on that)

i geet info from pep i served with in Norway. their in the sand too.

I can easly missunderstand too. espesaly on english speaking sites.. (perhaps my responce was coused of that in some way.. think i missunderstood why u posted like that)
TJ..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies