Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 10:20 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,313,692 times

Advertisements

When they do good or are in a position of power, they're biracial. When they **** up, suddenly they're black.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2011, 10:22 AM

10,448 posts, read 12,502,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
When they do good or are in a position of power, they're biracial. When they **** up, suddenly they're black.
Yeah that sounds about right.

And when they're just walking down the street, they're black.

Old 04-30-2011, 10:25 AM

18,247 posts, read 22,606,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Tell that to all the people who called my mixed wife black. The reality is that people see her as black because she looks black. They don't know or care about her white mom or her Puerto Rican grandfather or her Native American ancestors. That's the one drop rule in action today.
But that's not (all of) what she is....that is what some perceive her to be. Perception is not reality. Perception is opinion and viewpoint but not necessarily fact.

Old 04-30-2011, 10:25 AM

29,980 posts, read 43,062,439 times
Why is it the leftists on CD who are the ones starting and perpetuating most of the race baiting threads?

Old 04-30-2011, 11:06 AM

1,677 posts, read 1,672,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Tell that to all the people who called my mixed wife black. The reality is that people see her as black because she looks black. They don't know or care about her Spanish European lineage or her Puerto Rican grandfather or her Native American ancestors. That's the one drop rule in action today.

What do you think social construct means

America is still stuck on one drop rule. It is so ingrained, it seems many have accepted it without question. I think if they actually gave thought to this, they would realize how ridiculous it is.

Judging people by the color of their skin simply supports that rule. It's all about keeping "black" blood out of the "white" race.

There is no scientific basis for what we call "race". So it's feeble to claim we must categorize people into nonscientific skin color categories, particularly when society always defaults to the minority "race". Why is it that when a "white" person produces offspring with any other "race", the offspring defaults to the minority "race"?

The reason for defaulting to the minority "race" is due to a country persistent in one drop rule, white folks trying to keep that "race" "pure" --- as well as the proclivity to categorize people into nonscientific "racial" categories. It's senseless.

Old 04-30-2011, 11:24 AM

37,954 posts, read 17,969,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I mainly hear this from white people they somehow feel they'll be left out when President Obama is referred to as being black.

PERCEPTION IS REALITY people.......

Here's what I mean........

Let's say Obama was a "regular" UNKNOWN blue collar guy...a plumber, if you will.

On one beautiful morning, he was running late to one of his clients......therefore he decided to surpass the speed limit of 35mph and push it to 50 mph.

Well, considering he's breaking the law, he gets pulled over by a police officer. The officer pulls Obama The plumber over.......upon approaching the plumbing truck, the officer will notice his race( as a profiling method. No problems there). What do you think the officer that's pulling Obama the plumber over will say his race is........"half white" or will he/she say "black". It does not matter what race the officer is.

MOST of us will clearly say Obama is black. Even Obama understands that.

What kills me is some of you that are saying he's half white will not be saying that if he runs the country into the ground.....you'll without a doubt say he's black.

It's ok, I understand there are LOTS of whites that cannot believe he's in office. But deal with it until the next election.

Blacks have personal issues they need to deal with but white folks........gee-whiz, you guys really have issues. Especially when it comes to race.

Carry on.......

FYI-Admitting this is a fact, does not make you a bad person!

"I understand there are LOTS of whites that cannot believe he's in office."

"but white folks........gee-whiz, you guys really have issues. Especially when it comes to race."

Your perception is incorrect and racist.

In case you hadn't noticed. Not long after the election the half white thing, which wasn't said much anyway, went away.
The people who voted for him because he was black suddenly distanced themselves from him when he turned out to be a failure. No more he's half white, he's only half white when he's going good. But we know many democrats are racists.

Old 04-30-2011, 11:30 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,233,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post

"I understand there are LOTS of whites that cannot believe he's in office."

"but white folks........gee-whiz, you guys really have issues. Especially when it comes to race."

Your perception is incorrect and racist.

In case you hadn't noticed. Not long after the election the half white thing, which wasn't said much anyway, went away.
The people who voted for him because he was black suddenly distanced themselves from him when he turned out to be a failure. No more he's half white, he's only half white when he's going good. But we know many democrats are racists.

ok.........have fun.

I'm on my way to grab some lunch.............yummie!

Old 04-30-2011, 11:50 AM

29,917 posts, read 39,565,029 times
Quote:
I mainly hear this from white people they somehow feel they'll be left out when President Obama is referred to as being black.

PERCEPTION IS REALITY people.......

Here's what I mean........

Let's say Obama was a "regular" UNKNOWN blue collar guy...a plumber, if you will.

On one beautiful morning, he was running late to one of his clients......therefore he decided to surpass the speed limit of 35mph and push it to 50 mph.

Well, considering he's breaking the law, he gets pulled over by a police officer. The officer pulls Obama The plumber over.......upon approaching the plumbing truck, the officer will notice his race( as a profiling method. No problems there). What do you think the officer that's pulling Obama the plumber over will say his race is........"half white" or will he/she say "black". It does not matter what race the officer is.

MOST of us will clearly say Obama is black. Even Obama understands that.

What kills me is some of you that are saying he's half white will not be saying that if he runs the country into the ground.....you'll without a doubt say he's black.

It's ok, I understand there are LOTS of whites that cannot believe he's in office. But deal with it until the next election.

Blacks have personal issues they need to deal with but white folks........gee-whiz, you guys really have issues. Especially when it comes to race.

Carry on.......

FYI-Admitting this is a fact, does not make you a bad person!
Umm...

Quote:
On his mother's side, Obama shares a common descent from Samuel Hinckley with President George W. Bush (his 11th cousin). Obama also shares a common descent from Philip Arment and Maria Elizabeth Schmidt with former President Lyndon Johnson *his 4th cousin). Obama also shares a common descent from Michael Gutknecht with former President Harry Truman (his 7th cousin). Obama also shares a common descent from Adriian Gordy with former President Jimmy Carter (his 8th cousin), Obama also shares a common descent from Joseph Holley with former President Gerald Ford (his 10th cousin). Obama also shares a common descent from Richard FitzAlan, Earl of Arundel, and Elizabeth Bohun, with former Presidents Franklin Rooseelt, John Quincy Adams, james Madison, and Zachary Taylor. From this line, President Obama is descended from English Royalty. With former presidents George Washington, John Quincy Adams, Theodore Rooseelt, Franklin Roosevelt, Herbert Hoover, Woodrow Wilson, Zachary Taylor, John Tyler, and Jimmy Carter, Obama shares a common descent from King Edward I of England, King Henry III of England, King John Lackland of England, King Henry II of England, King Henry I of England, King William I of England (i.e. William "the Conqueror"0, Count Baldwin of Flanders and his daughter Matilda, Kinng Robert Capet I of France, King Louis I of France, and Charlemagne. Obama also shares a common descent with former President George Washington with Halfdan, King of Denmark and Sweden and Woden Oden. Obama also shares a common descent through Richard Eltonhead with Queen Elizabeth of Great Britain. His earliest known ancestor in America was Robert Hudson who arrived in Jamestown in 1622 on the ship "James." His mother's ancestors eventually migrated to the midwest, with his mother being from Wichita, Kansas. For a detailed family tree of his father's side,
see Barack Hussein Obama , Sr.(attended East-West Center in Hawaii)

So does that makes this an aristocracy?

Old 04-30-2011, 12:04 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,499,709 times
Quote:
Fact: You missed the point.

I know it's hard from some of you, but accept it. HE'S BLACK!

End of story.

You mean his Momma was Black too. I have family and friends just as him, Dad Black, Mom White, they do not claim they are all black like you are insistent on. They are in-laws, and the Dad's are Black Moms white, and they do not say they are all black. They say i am bi-racial. They have no problem at all saying i am half white, and half black, so what is your problem, he is Obama, half and half, what is the big freaking deal.

Old 04-30-2011, 12:08 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,196,679 times
Is it ok to wish Obama really was a plumber? Being a half-Black President isn't quite working out well for him (or us).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies