Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: should bin laden's death picture be published
yes, it should 96 67.61%
no, it should not 37 26.06%
i am not sure 9 6.34%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 12:33 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,719,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
These photos NOT being released is just more B.S. on the Obama watch....

The only reason he is NOT releasing these photos is because he doesn't want to "annoy" the Muslims....But news flash....THEY DON'T LIKE US ANYWAY...SO FKEM....RELEASE THE DAMN PHOTOS!

Oh any by the way..I would have stuff Bin Laden in a pig carcass and dumbed his aZZ in a hole!
I have to agree. Giving him his funeral to hopefully lesson the ill will, or retaliation. I would think they would be pissed enough that no matter what we did they would just see it as mocking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2011, 12:37 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,164,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
These photos NOT being released is just more B.S. on the Obama watch....

The only reason he is NOT releasing these photos is because he doesn't want to "annoy" the Muslims....But news flash....THEY DON'T LIKE US ANYWAY...SO FKEM....RELEASE THE DAMN PHOTOS!
Oh I think he has multiple reasons, not the least of which is watching the extreme Right froth about it, long enough to have some fun pulling the rug out ala' Trump.

No sane GOP candidate will question this and put themselves in this position. Unfortunately for the GOP, not all of their putative candidates are sane.

Obama was never a trial lawyer as far as I know, but he's employing a classic courtroom tactic. Manipulate your opponents to "write checks," even trivial ones, that they cannot later cash. Every argument that "bounces" damages their credibility and boosts yours.

Quote:
Oh any by the way..I would have stuff Bin Laden in a pig carcass and dumbed his aZZ in a hole!
So would I. It's a good thing more stable and calculating people than we are running things, eh?

Old 05-03-2011, 06:14 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,967,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Oh I think he has multiple reasons, not the least of which is watching the extreme Right froth about it, long enough to have some fun pulling the rug out ala' Trump.

No sane GOP candidate will question this and put themselves in this position. Unfortunately for the GOP, not all of their putative candidates are sane.

Obama was never a trial lawyer as far as I know, but he's employing a classic courtroom tactic. Manipulate your opponents to "write checks," even trivial ones, that they cannot later cash. Every argument that "bounces" damages their credibility and boosts yours.

So would I. It's a good thing more stable and calculating people than we are running things, eh?
i wouldn't think you would want to say that about the president-because that clearly does not sound presidential.

you are implying that he might be playing us all against each other, when he should be trying to answer the questions and unite the country.

ALL americans want the finale to be true, but there have been a few questions that haven't been answered yet and physical evidence has been withheld. if he has the answers, he shouldn't delay in releasing them-and certainly not for political gain. maybe he just can't make up his mind what he wants to do.

while i first thought it might be inappropriate to show pictures that might enrage nut jobs, it probably is equally inappropriate to announce that they shot an unarmed man. i can't fathom why that particular information would be released and can't see how that would be helpful.

we still have troops over there in case anybody forgot and i would just like to see them all come home when this is resolved.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:10 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,612,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post

1st off I said nothing about politics..
2nd..Stable and calculating???
Ok if you say so but sometimes in order to stop the bully...You need to "kick his azz" and make sure everyone sees you do it!

Thats as stable as you need to be.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:32 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,335,487 times
I think it is irrelevant whether he is alive or dead. Terrorism is alive and well. I don't need a picture to make me feel more secure.

Old 05-03-2011, 11:50 PM

23,655 posts, read 17,592,438 times
Put it on Youtube and let those who want to see it, see it. Those who don't want to won't need to.

Heck, if they can put the videos of those who have been beheaded by terrorists on Youtube, then this can be posted.

Old 05-04-2011, 12:17 AM

5,002 posts, read 12,402,135 times
No, we shouldn't provide a springboard to more terrorists taking up a cause, however stupid it is.

Old 05-04-2011, 02:04 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,505,569 times
There are too many doubters as usual, and your usual conspiracy theorists floating around as usual. Too many in the Arab World, are doubting this is even Osama, and those that believe he is dead, are pissed off and want proof.
For gosh sakes just in talking to acquaintiances i know, people are giving different answers to what happened. Every day you have got to admit, circumstances concerning this operation are changing and fast.
This is a situation where your going to be damn if you do, and damn if you don't.
Already you have Americans doubting the story they are hearing, and the safety of the NAVY SEALS, has got to come into play, hopefully they did have masks on.
In the Arab World, they are already pissed at us, so you show the pic, and take your chances, or don't show the pics, and they will still be pissed at us, and still dobut he is dead. No win situation.

Old 05-04-2011, 02:16 AM

1,936 posts, read 1,832,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebri View Post
He's dead, that is enough. No reason to give the terrorists of the world anything to rally around. I think that is why he was buried at sea. If there was an actual location his body was buried at then it could be used as a rallying point for for the future terrorists of the world. It's better he is dead without a grave on land and no pictures should ever be released. Let the mythos of Bin Laden die and give peace more of a chance in the middle east.
I agree with your post. I just wonder what will be achieved by doing so. Peace in the middle east would be grand.

Old 05-04-2011, 02:25 AM

760 posts, read 687,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
I think it is irrelevant whether he is alive or dead. Terrorism is alive and well.
It is really or is it just the government telling you that every chance it gets?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies