Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 10:31 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
It would be nice if a Liberal would actually stand up and answer these charges. When someone says something patently false.....but their argument is based in believable assertions....then I stand up and fight against those charges. Are there no liberals on this forum with any gonads? Or is it just easier to turn your head and pretend like the author of this article couldn't possibly be right?

I think we know the answer.

You know something, I was going to let it rest at pffft, but your use of the word "charges" raised my hackles.

You don't have to be conservative to love this country. Just as you don't have to be conservative to love God. It's a patent and unadulterated lie.

Osama Bin Laden's death was not symbolic, as so many RW'ers seem to think. The same RWers, I might add, that would have applauded if this had happened during Bush's tenure. OBLs death capped a decade long search. He orchestrated terrorist attacks that resulted in thousands of human deaths. To call his death "symbolic" is absolutely egregious, and an insult to the men and women that devoted their lives to find this bastard and exterminate him like the vermin he was. AND, may I add, an insult to the men and women who have died because of those terrorist attacks, and the greiving families they left behind.

Let's touch on the pure hypocrisy of the article. The RW was foresquare for the wars until Obama took office. Then the mantra was get us outta here. The cries of Obama the coward for doing nothing, then Obama the warmonger when he did was bounced around this forum more than once, and not by so-called "liberals."

A history lesson: we neglected Afghanistan into a hot mess because Bush insisted based upon a tissue of lies, that we invade Iraq, when we had no evidence of WMDs, or Saddam's involvement with Al Qaeda. But whenever that embarrassing fact was was brought up, the RW stood on a pile of flags and declared that anyone who questioned our involvement in regime change was a traitor, and unpatriotic.

Well, let me school you a bit on what this "liberal" has to say about our involvement in the middle east...we should have stayed the HELL out and let it implode all by itself. We should have never gone into Iraq, and our only involvment in Afghanistan should have been surgical bombing a la Desert Fox. (google it) NO boots on the ground.

The RW seems to think it has a lock on what it is to love this country. Sorry, it ain't necessarily so. I'm a liberal and I love the hell out of the USA, and I still think it's the greatest country in the world.

But, you guys go ahead, hang your hopes on the Con Man Trump, or the talking head of the month you want to see run for President in 2012. Hang on every word that Beck and Limbaugh and Breitbart says like it's coming out of the mouth of God.

"Charges"? Not hardly, sonny. Take a great big swig of that kool aide your passing around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2011, 11:00 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
You know something, I was going to let it rest at pffft, but your use of the word "charges" raised my hackles.

You don't have to be conservative to love this country. Just as you don't have to be conservative to love God. It's a patent and unadulterated lie.

Osama Bin Laden's death was not symbolic, as so many RW'ers seem to think. The same RWers, I might add, that would have applauded if this had happened during Bush's tenure. OBLs death capped a decade long search. He orchestrated terrorist attacks that resulted in thousands of human deaths. To call his death "symbolic" is absolutely egregious, and an insult to the men and women that devoted their lives to find this bastard and exterminate him like the vermin he was. AND, may I add, an insult to the men and women who have died because of those terrorist attacks, and the greiving families they left behind.

Let's touch on the pure hypocrisy of the article. The RW was foresquare for the wars until Obama took office. Then the mantra was get us outta here. The cries of Obama the coward for doing nothing, then Obama the warmonger when he did was bounced around this forum more than once, and not by so-called "liberals."

A history lesson: we neglected Afghanistan into a hot mess because Bush insisted based upon a tissue of lies, that we invade Iraq, when we had no evidence of WMDs, or Saddam's involvement with Al Qaeda. But whenever that embarrassing fact was was brought up, the RW stood on a pile of flags and declared that anyone who questioned our involvement in regime change was a traitor, and unpatriotic.

Well, let me school you a bit on what this "liberal" has to say about our involvement in the middle east...we should have stayed the HELL out and let it implode all by itself. We should have never gone into Iraq, and our only involvment in Afghanistan should have been surgical bombing a la Desert Fox. (google it) NO boots on the ground.

The RW seems to think it has a lock on what it is to love this country. Sorry, it ain't necessarily so. I'm a liberal and I love the hell out of the USA, and I still think it's the greatest country in the world.

But, you guys go ahead, hang your hopes on the Con Man Trump, or the talking head of the month you want to see run for President in 2012. Hang on every word that Beck and Limbaugh and Breitbart says like it's coming out of the mouth of God.

"Charges"? Not hardly, sonny. Take a great big swig of that kool aide your passing around.
You didn't address the Liberal hypocrisy expounded upon in the OP. Why is that?

Old 05-04-2011, 11:19 AM

700 posts, read 638,168 times
Quote:
The man who came into office promising multilateral engagement, no more torture and a civilian justice system for terrorists
Obama has been consistent in his position on Osama from day one (2008); "If the United States has al Qaeda, Bin Laden, top-level lieutenants in our sights, and Pakistan is unable or unwilling to act, then we should take them out. Now, I think that's the right strategy; I think that's the right policy."

You might have Obama confused with McCain, "You make plans and you work with the other country that is your ally and friend, which Pakistan is...You don't broadcast and say that you're going to bomb a country without their permission or without consulting them. It's just fundamentals of the conduct of national security policy."

Despite the absence of an official adjudicative process, OBL was tried and convicted in absentia with overwhelming evidence, including his own confessions. It was never a matter of guilt or innocence, but whether or not he would face justice. OBL was always a special case in this regard.

Quote:
"And liberals have suddenly learned to love that dumb old war."
We oppose the war in Iraq, not the war on Osama Bin Laden.

Quote:
"Now all you need is a kill order and a lot of stories about Obama heroically risking his life by watching it happen from thousands of miles away."
Obama is being praised for making a politically risky decision. No one is crediting him with "risking his life". Remember when it was said that "at least Bush had the guts to...?"

Quote:
"Where Bush went to the trouble of getting Saddam alive and turning him over for trial"
That was the outcome, not the objective. There was never a directive from Bush to capture Saddam alive. Here is an interview George W. Bush had with Tom Brokaw where he was asked about intelligence on Saddam's purported whereabouts that led to a bombing raid on the first night of the war. "As the intelligence got richer, I got more confidence with the notion that Saddam would, in fact, be there...There is some evidence that suggests he might be dead". If you want someone alive, you don't order a bombing raid on their compound. I also recall Bush saying he wanted Osama "dead or alive".

Old 05-04-2011, 11:23 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,468,431 times
Quote:
It would be nice if a Liberal would actually stand up and answer these charges. When someone says something patently false.....but their argument is based in believable assertions....then I stand up and fight against those charges. Are there no liberals on this forum with any gonads? Or is it just easier to turn your head and pretend like the author of this article couldn't possibly be right?

I think we know the answer.
Get a load of this ^^^.

When something as ridiculous and snide as the OP's article is ignored, the next guy comes out and calls everybody chicken.

What is this? 6th grade?

Old 05-04-2011, 11:24 AM

Quote:
You didn't address the Liberal hypocrisy expounded upon in the OP. Why is that?
I did, and eloquently I may add.

Now You can address the hypocrisy that rests on your side of the political spectrum. You know, we were for the war until we were against it? That one?

Otherwise, don't waste my time.

Old 05-04-2011, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Get a load of this ^^^.

When something as ridiculous and snide as the OP's article is ignored, the next guy comes out and calls everybody chicken.

What is this? 6th grade?

No, it's just the we love America more than you crapola we see rise to the surface now and then.

Old 05-04-2011, 11:30 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,528,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
No, it's just the we love America more than you crapola we see rise to the surface now and then.
The level of immature rhetoric in this Forum NEVER ceases to amaze me.....Your post sounds like a child wrote it....I love something more than you...Na Na NaNa Na Na.....

To the OP......Grow Up!!!!!!! The lengths some folks and political agendas will go to, to create dischord and diviseness.......will be remembered by the American Voters!!!!!

Old 05-04-2011, 11:38 AM

12,498 posts, read 26,998,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Tell that to the families who lost loved ones on 9/11.
It was symbolic because the truth is Bin Laden has been dead for years now.

The messiah brought Bin Laden's lifeless body back to life with skills of an amateur Photochopper for a brief moment to boost poll numbers. Then "disposed of the body at sea" less than 24 hours after capture. I know know if you know, but that's how the Mob used to do it. Get rid of all the evidence.

My guess is this is the reason why Bush didn't want to go to Ground Zero. He already knew Bin Laden was dead a long time ago.

Old 05-04-2011, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
The level of immature rhetoric in this Forum NEVER ceases to amaze me.....Your post sounds like a child wrote it....I love something more than you...Na Na NaNa Na Na.....

To the OP......Grow Up!!!!!!! The lengths some folks and political agendas will go to, to create dischord and diviseness.......will be remembered by the American Voters!!!!!

Nope, just saying you don't have to be a conservative to love your country. I didn't say I love it more than anyone else does. Read it again, this time with a little comprehension added. And reference post 11.

Old 05-04-2011, 11:42 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Even President Bush downplayed Osama's importance to the war on terror seven years ago.
Bush not worried about Osama Bin Laden
Oh THAT Bush, who said this...

"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him."
- G.W. Bush, 9/13/01

"I want justice...There's an old poster out West, as I recall, that said, 'Wanted: Dead or Alive,'"
- G.W. Bush, 9/17/01, UPI

"...Secondly, he is not escaping us. This is a guy, who, three months ago, was in control of a country. Now he's maybe in control of a cave. He's on the run. Listen, a while ago I said to the American people, our objective is more than bin Laden. But one of the things for certain is we're going to get him running and keep him running, and bring him to justice. And that's what's happening. He's on the run, if he's running at all. So we don't know whether he's in cave with the door shut, or a cave with the door open -- we just don't know...."
- G.W. Bush, 12/28/01

And then changed the channel to Saddam, being aware enough fools will follow him...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies