Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 03:37 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,458,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
President Obama has been on the offensive in Pakistan since he got in office. You just weren't paying attention.

CIA Special Activities Division

U.S. 'secret war' expands globally as Special Operations forces take larger role By Karen DeYoung and Greg Jaffe Washington Post Staff Writer Friday, June 4, 2010

Overall President Obama has been much more aggressive in taking the fight to terrorist in Pakistan than George W. Bush ever was. Even to the point of pissing off the Pakistani government.
I wasn't sleeping on that stuff I remember a few of those raids.

I agree that Obama has gradually ramped up against terrorists in Pakistan.

Pakistan should be extremely concerned about the information gathered from the raid on the Bin Laden compound.

They're scattering like roaches when the light is turned on.

Here's one who was feeling the heat and decided to turn himself in - to Saudi authorities.

Senior extremist linked to al-Qaida surrenders to Saudi authorities | World news | guardian.co.uk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2011, 03:38 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
two points.

1. good.
2. the hypocracy of liberals in America knows no bounds. If this was ANY republican president, they would be calling for arrest and trial for war crimes.

Thanks for telling it as it really is. This were any other presdient other then this one, things would be in a chaos over this whole fiasco.

Old 05-06-2011, 03:39 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times
Quote:
as a conservative, I support this action. I just am a bit put off by the fact that had this been a repbublican doing it, liberals would be calling for trials and screaming warcrimes and all kind of nonsense.

and as soon as a republican is in office they will commense with the craziness
You are correct, the extremes on the left would, and are (re. Michael Moore). But far left is not what Obama has ever been.

Old 05-06-2011, 03:45 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,021,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Oh Really?

Obama Pushed for ‘Fight Your Way Out’ Option in bin Laden Raid

President Obama has not only proved he's got the backbone to be Commander in Chief. He's go the BRAINS as well.
He's reckless. So is Hillary. When Hillary states Congress has no power to restrict the President in any way...

"the White House would forge ahead with military action in Libya even if Congress passed a resolution constraining the mission." - Hillary Clinton 4/02/11

Obama has involved the U.S. in risky war, now in Libya, that has neither attacked us nor threatened to.
Don't confuse a willingness to fight just
war with that of stupidity and recklessness.

And I thought Bush was dangerous.

Old 05-06-2011, 03:49 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,458,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
He's reckless. So is Hillary. When Hillary states Congress has no power to restrict the President in any way...

"the White House would forge ahead with military action in Libya even if Congress passed a resolution constraining the mission." - Hillary Clinton 4/02/11

Obama has involved the U.S. in risky war, now in Libya, that has neither attacked us nor threatened to.
Don't confuse a willingness to fight just
war with that of stupidity and recklessness.

And I thought Bush was dangerous.
I don't see anything wrong with what he's doing in Pakistan.

As a matter of fact, it's the ONLY thing I can say he has done that I support.

I didn't have a problem when Bush did it either.

Old 05-06-2011, 04:11 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,021,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Obama is also using drones in Yemen and Libya. He is kind of a bright President that some people are still not used to.
Bright.....

Drones target and kill individual leaders of al-Qaida or Taliban. However, drones rarely, if ever, kill just the intended target. By October 2009, the ratio has been about 20 leaders killed for 750 to 1,000 unintended victims – innocent civilians.

U.S. Unmanned Drone attacks within Pakistan record high: Threat to civilians | Asian Tribune

"Drones are currently killing people in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen and Somalia. It should be noted that the United States is not at war with any of those countries, which should mean that in a sane world the killing is illegal under both international law and the U.S. Constitution," states Philip Girald, a former CIA officer and fellow of the American Conservative Defense Alliance.

“I’m particularly concerned that the United States seems oblivious to this fact when it asserts an ever-expanding entitlement for itself to target individuals across the globe,” Mr. Alston said in an accompanying statement. “But this strongly asserted but ill-defined license to kill without accountability is not an entitlement which the United States or other states can have without doing grave damage to the rules designed to protect the right to life and prevent extrajudicial executions.”

Old 05-06-2011, 04:20 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,139,099 times
Quote:
two points.

1. good.
2. the hypocracy of liberals in America knows no bounds. If this was ANY republican president, they would be calling for arrest and trial for war crimes.
Agreed. I mean just look at how many Security Policies he has continued that he and the libs use to go absolutely nuts over (in negative ways).

I dont have a problem with it. Kill the enemy no matter where they hide is my motto.

Now, like you said, if this were Palin or a Conservative, just imagine the outrage and the headlines. Ill take it a bit further, if everything that went down with UBL from his death, to how it went down, to how long we knew he was there, to the screw ups of the facts afterwards.....if that were someone like Palin instead of Obama, we all know the media reaction wouldve been very, very different. They would be calling for Palins head. And not one of you liberals can deny that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies