Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2011, 08:37 AM

589 posts, read 757,230 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
For the sake of full disclosure: Might you be a black male, or are you just attracted to them?

-The slaves were genetically engineered by their masters to create strong big slaves.
-Scandinavians are genetically the strongest people on the Earth.

African people are more fit in general than other races are. It has nothing to do with "engineering" of slaves, that is just a myth that refuses to die. Most historical accounts show that the Master didn't care who mated with who as far as his slaves were considered. Most slave women had 10+ kids, often times each child had a different father according to accounts from the 1800's. For genetic engineering a population...Thats exactly how not to do it.

Africans are more fit because they have less body fat compared to Europeans and Asians. That is just a fact. Fat is just not needed in Africa much compared to Asia and Europe, those regions are cold and Africa in most places is Tropical.

As far as Sports go, Black people dominate them in Europe to. Look at the French football team, its dominated by Black people...And the black people on that team are not descendants of slaves, they immigrated to France straight from Africa by their own free will.

"French" Soccer team- [#23 and #19 are Ethnic French, rest are African/North African or mixed].

If Black people were "engineered"...Then only black people descended from slaves would be dominating sports. Of course European teams like France's football team which is dominated by Africans...Proves that notion wrong.

Does that mean Black men are the "best" ? No. They dominate sports but they dont dominate Academics at all, thats not to say they cant. But right now the top Scientists and Engineers in the world are Asian and White people...And pound for pound a Scientist is worth far more to the world than a sports player is. A Scientist might cure Aids in the future, a Engineer might lead to us setting a human colony up on Mars in the future. A football player will...bounce a ball a few feet. Big deal.

Last edited by jonaos; 05-11-2011 at 08:54 AM..

Old 05-11-2011, 08:41 AM

2,417 posts, read 3,563,870 times
the statue of David is in Florence, but hey, to many americans without passports, what's the flippin' difference?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_(Michelangelo)

and who in the world is saying blacks don't play soccer? plenty in europe and even MLS here at home, maybe in the US it's not as popular but worldwide there are many blacks playing soccer and very good as well.

Old 05-11-2011, 08:45 AM

1,851 posts, read 2,154,766 times
[quote=Lucario;19103796]
Quote:

Like any other human being, Fuhr got old. It even happens to black people. He's a Hall of Famer. That means he was a dominating NHL player with 5 championships.
Actually, Fuhr was 29 years old when he was traded from the Oilers to the Maple Leafs, far from old.

Fuhr has had problems with drug abuse.

If you actually know anything about Fuhr and if you actually watched him play on those Oilers teams; you'd know that Fuhr really wasn't what you would call a dominate goaltender. Fuhr had a bad knack of giving up a lot of goals (a lot of bad goals), which those star-studded Oiler teams often made up for with their offensive skill.

What Fuhr was tremendous at was making the big saves, when the team needed it the most. He would give up three...four...five goals and the Oilers would battle back to score enough goals to tie it or take a one goal lead. And that's when Fuhr would make the big stops. 5-4 Oiler lead, with less than 2:00 minutes to go and Fuhr would come up with remarkable saves to hold the lead. I watched games where he gave up 6...7 goals and the Oilers with all that offensive fire power, would come storming back to tie it or take the lead. And Fuhr, despite having a mediocre game, hung in there and came up big in the last few minutes of the game. That was Fuhr's thing.

Not so much a dominate goaltender as a whole. He was very fortunate to have the offensive fire power that the Oilers had. He didn't have that after being traded.

[quote=Lucario;19103796]
Quote:
There's no such thing as the National Baseball League. There is Major League Baseball, which has the American and National Leagues..
Yes, that was a brain fart on my part. White people have them, too. Just like Black people. Sometimes people are multi-tasking and brain farts occur. But you knew what I meant. Major League Baseball.

[quote=Lucario;19103796]
Quote:
And while African Americans are less than 10% of players, Latinos are almost half, and the majority of those players (Dominican, Cuban, Panamanian, Puerto Rican, Colombian, Venezuelan) are black.
Yes, I understand. But I don't see why that's relevent. Take a look at the Latinos at the top of the league. Most of them are not Black.

White athletes are at the top of every statistical catagory in MLB. Are you saying they're not?

Old 05-11-2011, 08:48 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,748,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Color has no barrier in sports, no matter which sport it is.
ah, pretty lies. Sometimes I wonder what it would've been like growing up in a blue state, where it is considered morally wrong to discuss human biodiversity.

I'm curious if you could tell me what % of NFL cornerbacks are white (or we will just say "not black"), and why is the racial distribution of such an elite group of athletes so radically different from the general population?

Old 05-11-2011, 08:52 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,667,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonaos View Post
African people are more fit in general than other races are. It has nothing to do with "engineering" of slaves, that is just a myth that refuses to die. Most historical accounts show that the Master didn't care who mated with who as far as his slaves were considered. Most slave women had 10+ kids, often times each child had a different father according to accounts from the 1800's. For genetic engineering a population...Thats exactly how not to do it.

Africans are more fit because they have less body fat compared to Europeans and Asians. That is just a fact. Fat is just not needed in Africa much compared to Asia and Europe, those regions are cold and Africa in most places is Tropical.

As far as Sports go, Black people dominate them in Europe to. Look at the French football team, its dominated by Black people...And the black people on that team are not descendants of slaves, they immigrated to France straight from Africa by their own free will.
Only in some cases. Tigana, Makelele, Desailly, Vieira, and Cisse, for example, were immigrants from former French colonies in Africa. But Tresor, Janvion, Henry, Gallas, Malouda, and Thuram, for example, were from Guadeloupe, Martinique and Guyane (French Guiana). The latter are all descendants of slaves.

Quote:

If Black people were "engineered"...Then only black people descended from slaves would be dominating sports. Of course European teams like France's football team which is dominated by Africans...Proves that notion wrong.
Then we have the Dutch and English teams, all of whose black stars, such as Gullit, Rijkaard, and Seedorf in the early years, were descendants of slaves from Surinam, and the great English players are all descendants of enslaved West Indians from places like Jamaica.

Old 05-11-2011, 08:57 AM

2,417 posts, read 3,563,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post

Yes, I understand. But I don't see why that's relevent. Take a look at the Latinos at the top of the league. Most of them are not Black.

White athletes are at the top of every statistical catagory in MLB. Are you saying they're not?
albert pujols?

but seriously, one black player, gary sheffield, has said that some manager and GM's actually prefere the latinos b/c they don't "talk back".

there has been discussion that there aren't that many blacks in baseball anymore and why that is. Mostly b/c of the latino talent from the carribean and panama and venezuela.

Old 05-11-2011, 09:00 AM

589 posts, read 757,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Only in some cases. Tigana, Makelele, Desailly, Vieira, and Cisse, for example, were immigrants from former French colonies in Africa. But Tresor, Janvion, Henry, Gallas, Malouda, and Thuram, for example, were from Guadeloupe, Martinique and Guyane (French Guiana). The latter are all descendants of slaves.

Then we have the Dutch and English teams, all of whose black stars, such as Gullit, Rijkaard, and Seedorf in the early years, were descendants of slaves from Surinam, and the great English players are all descendants of enslaved West Indians from places like Jamaica.
5 Africans is still alot to be top players on a European team. In the UK there are more Indians and Pakistanians in the population than Black people...Yet there were more Africans on the teams than Asians. If everything is fair racewise as far as ability goes in sports, then there should be more Asians overall on the Euro teams.

My take on it is black people just excell at sports, compare Africans to the Chinese and its not even close. There is a Chinese NBA player but he is one in a million [I forget his name but he is 7ft something ]. Football I dont think Ive ever seen a East Asian on a European team yet.

Old 05-11-2011, 09:00 AM

956 posts, read 1,114,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Subban is a tremendous hack and one of the poorest sports in the league. He acts like he got hit by an ax any time another player so much as bumps him in his lame attempts to draw penalties.

I dont mind Iginla except for his excessive blubbering in the finals against Tampa.
You mean the same Subban who played an instrumental role in helping the Canadiens to the playoffs? The same Subban who won the gold medal with Canada at the world juniors? I don't think that we're talking about the same player here. Subban is an incredible young talent who will play a crucial role for any future teams he plays for.

Also, Calgary without Iginla = Oilers. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Old 05-11-2011, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
In the Hall of Fame: Clemente, Cepeda, Marichal, Mendez, Perez, Torriente, Dihigo, Carew.

Stars of today: Ortiz, Jimenez, Rodriguez, Pujols, Cano, Chapman, Beltre, Soriano.

All of African ancestry.

Old 05-11-2011, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonaos View Post
5 Africans is still alot to be top players on a European team. In the UK there are more Indians and Pakistanians in the population than Black people...Yet there were more Africans on the teams than Asians. If everything is fair racewise as far as ability goes in sports, then there should be more Asians overall on the Euro teams.

My take on it is black people just excell at sports, compare Africans to the Chinese and its not even close. There is a Chinese NBA player but he is one in a million [I forget his name but he is 7ft something ]. Football I dont think Ive ever seen a East Asian on a European team yet.

There have been many, in Germany, England and Italy, as well as other places. Most have come from South Korea, but also Japan. The first was Bum Keun Cha in the German Bundesliga in the 70s and 80s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies