Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 09:15 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,163,797 times

Advertisements

There hasn't been much this guy has been wrong about in terms of our economy in the past, most of what he's been saying has come true. He's been consistently against the prolific spending and monetization of debt by our government and the Fed for decades, gone against his party lines and suggested resolutions many politicians claim to be radical at the least, yet has still won 11 elections in his career.

This guy doesn't butter you up in debates, he doesn't drop one-liner slogans with false meaning, and he knows more about what he's talking about than any other candidate. Considering the Economy will be the main focus on every voter's mind this coming election, it's hard not to consider a guy like this:

The Fed and the Debt by Ron Paul
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2011, 09:17 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
You know the guy hasn't changed his tune since 1988 and hasn't changed his vote then. Watch one of his old videos from 1988 to the early 1990s with your eyes closed, and you swear he is talking in 2008 or 2011. Unlike the other lame-i-dates which have flipflopped hundreds of times

Old 05-12-2011, 09:25 AM

I just watched the South Carolina debate in full....

One thing I noticed the most: All the candidates avoid the question and either thank the crowd, bless america, thank the troops, say they've done "this" and served in "that", and all but avoid the question until the last 10 seconds where they say "I aim to lower taxes and create jobs and keep america safe".

Ron Paul grips the podium and leans forward and tells it like it is. States exactly what we've done wrong, why it's wrong, what needs to change, and exactly what he will do to change it.

The best thing about Ron Paul is you can believe he'll do it, his actions and voting record speak for itself.

Old 05-12-2011, 09:25 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
I supported Paul in 2008 and will support him again in 2012, but I'll bet the media will not give him a chance, like they did not in 2008. Republicans do not want him to win for many reasons, and obviously Dems don't want him because he is not a Dem

Old 05-12-2011, 09:28 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
I just watched the South Carolina debate in full....

One thing I noticed the most: All the candidates avoid the question and either thank the crowd, bless america, thank the troops, say they've done "this" and served in "that", and all but avoid the question until the last 10 seconds where they say "I aim to lower taxes and create jobs and keep america safe".

Ron Paul grips the podium and leans forward and tells it like it is. States exactly what we've done wrong, why it's wrong, what needs to change, and exactly what he will do to change it.

The best thing about Ron Paul is you can believe he'll do it, his actions and voting record speak for itself.
Exactly right. All the other mainstream pukes that the people fall head over heels for because they say the right, empty uplifting words get the vote, not the guy with the answers. Their words do not match their voting record that's for sure. And FOX made sure they covered their asses but discredited Ron Paul when Hannity had him on before the debate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I supported Paul in 2008 and will support him again in 2012, but I'll bet the media will not give him a chance, like they did not in 2008. Republicans do not want him to win for many reasons, and obviously Dems don't want him because he is not a Dem
You notice how with the mainstream candidates, they trash each other on camera but vote together on a lot of issues? But when Ron Paul comes along, both sides team up to tear him down. I can't believe people, especially Republican voters CAN'T SEE THAT!

I voted for Obama in 2008 and was a Democrat then, unfortunately. But now I'm a Republican, but only because Ron Paul is in the GOP and I want to vote for him in the primaries, and for other Libertarians in the GOP.

Old 05-12-2011, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Well clearly the two parties serve the same interests, neither of which include the well being of the lower and middle classes. That is clear now, and to those it hasn't then they're truly blind.

I think with the use othe internet, Ron Paul will have a better chance than most people think.

It's been 10 years of recession, unemployment has been at 9% for over 3 years....people are tired of the BS and I want something done. They have a future they're worried about and they're enslaved by their employeers working 12 hour days and weekends because they can't afford to go unemployed. Gas and food prices are killing them, they aren't getting raises big enough to cover inflation, and they're tired of hearing how much debt their children will be in and how they won't be able to live off social security since the market crashed and lost their 401k.

People want someone who will do something. Anyone who takes a close look at Ron Paul will see that he is the man to pull us out of future economic catastrophe.

Old 05-12-2011, 09:32 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,011,664 times
Just so people know who is being discussed:

Old 05-12-2011, 09:43 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
I see all this talk about how politicians manage to lie about what they have done and how they have voted and see that Paul was the top an in South Carolina but for some reason I never have found out what elected position my man, at present, has held. How do we bad mouth him for the way he has voted before since he hasn't held a legislating position? I think that all Paul supporters tend to be libertarians and refuse to listen to my man when he talks. My man, Herman Cain, of course. I listened to Cain Tuesday on Beck's show with Eric Bolling and liked what he had to say about a fiscal program.

Of course, Cain has two things against him by most on this forum. He is black, much darker than Obama, and he has experience in running a major company. Well maybe the main reason most won't care for him is that he is a Republican, for real, and not a libertarian posing as a Republican, as Paul is.

Old 05-12-2011, 09:45 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,568,283 times
If Ron Paul is so smart, why is he always on the outside looking in?

Old 05-12-2011, 09:54 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I see all this talk about how politicians manage to lie about what they have done and how they have voted and see that Paul was the top an in South Carolina but for some reason I never have found out what elected position my man, at present, has held. How do we bad mouth him for the way he has voted before since he hasn't held a legislating position? I think that all Paul supporters tend to be libertarians and refuse to listen to my man when he talks. My man, Herman Cain, of course. I listened to Cain Tuesday on Beck's show with Eric Bolling and liked what he had to say about a fiscal program.

Of course, Cain has two things against him by most on this forum. He is black, much darker than Obama, and he has experience in running a major company. Well maybe the main reason most won't care for him is that he is a Republican, for real, and not a libertarian posing as a Republican, as Paul is.
Exactly a Republican In Name Only. Nothing really conservative about him.
Cain is for big government having been a Chairman of Fed Reserve Bank of Kansas City.
He didn't want the fed audited.
He was for the tarp bailouts.

America doesn't need another manipulating crony capitalist. America needs a true conservative who believes in the people. That is why Ron Paul gets the individual donation and not corporation donation. And that is very telling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies