Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 02:47 PM

3,566 posts, read 3,734,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Yes. Only 3% of Exxon's revenues came from the USA.

If you want some facts about oil company tax credits, you should read this;

Opening statement to the U.S. Senate Committee on Finance
Never let it be said that facts got in the way of a determined lynch mob.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2011, 04:39 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,956,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Yes. Only 3% of Exxon's revenues came from the USA.

If you want some facts about oil company tax credits, you should read this;

Opening statement to the U.S. Senate Committee on Finance
That's because Exxon has an army of accountants that shift earnings around to come up with that number. If you really think that Exxon only makes 3% of its profit in the U.S., its biggest market, and 97% elsewhere, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you cheap.

Who are you going to believe, the oil companies or your own eyes?

Old 05-12-2011, 04:48 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,571,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
Your wife being a lazy employee proves nothing
You saying that proves that you are something, however.

Old 05-12-2011, 04:49 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,571,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Boston and really into oil. I don't think so.
We are in Houston. Read my status, location etc carefully and you'll get it. Sorry to not multi-quote.

Old 05-12-2011, 04:50 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,570,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
Obama needs to allow more drilling here at home
Really? Do you know where most of the Oil drilled in Alaska goes to? Japan and Asian countries! It boogles my mind as to why so many Americans think that we are short of OIL! We are not! The Oil companies sell their Oil to the highest bidder and right now that is Asia where they pay more money for it than we do.
Don't fall for the Palin "two step" lie!

Old 05-12-2011, 05:20 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,203,749 times
this drill baby drill BS is a smoke screen meant to excite the wing nuts. It is against our national security to use up our oil reserves while there are still plentiful and CHEAP supplies around the world. I suspect that it has been a "wink and a nod" national policy to hold back our domestic supplies so that we do not run out of oil years ahead of the rest of the world. I doubt if we have 15 years worth of oil if we burned nothing but our domestic supplies. Better we save these in the ground supplies as a buffer to our strategic reserves.

Think about it, if we burn up what we have now we would be a hostage to the world market in 20 or 30 years and I don't think we would fair well in another world war without domestic supplies.

As far as how big oil has been manipulating the market, someone should be yelling at them, good for the Dem's.

Old 05-12-2011, 05:35 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,203,749 times
I gotta speak up for you crbcrbrgy, my wife also worked for a big oil company. She started with Sohio in 1966 and stayed with them until BP took over. She was with BP for a couple of years after they left Cleveland, 35 years total.

They spend money like drunken sailors. New furniture, new computers, artwork, that stupid tower in Cleveland. Wages and benefits well beyond what other companies were paying. My wife with a high school education because a senior programmer making nearly 100k her last year.

They were never shy about throwing money at a problem. When someone important left they'd bring the whole department WITH SPOUSES into a place like Morton for a 3 or 4 hour luncheon. Wife is a hard worker but most of what she did was make work stuff, studies of studies, total wastes of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
We are in Houston. Read my status, location etc carefully and you'll get it. Sorry to not multi-quote.

Old 05-12-2011, 06:46 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,411,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
My wife has been in oil for many years. Trust me, they don't need the tax breaks. You think government is bloated with useless employees? You should check out an oil company some time.
That, sir, is a terrible allegation to level against one's own wife.

Old 05-12-2011, 06:47 PM

2,539 posts, read 4,088,653 times
let them all move out of the country and then we can raise the price of gas higher. Then who will the dems bring into the senate hearing up-chuck shummer?

Old 05-12-2011, 07:08 PM

2,714 posts, read 4,282,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
I gotta speak up for you crbcrbrgy, my wife also worked for a big oil company. She started with Sohio in 1966 and stayed with them until BP took over. She was with BP for a couple of years after they left Cleveland, 35 years total.

They spend money like drunken sailors. New furniture, new computers, artwork, that stupid tower in Cleveland. Wages and benefits well beyond what other companies were paying. My wife with a high school education because a senior programmer making nearly 100k her last year.

They were never shy about throwing money at a problem. When someone important left they'd bring the whole department WITH SPOUSES into a place like Morton for a 3 or 4 hour luncheon. Wife is a hard worker but most of what she did was make work stuff, studies of studies, total wastes of time.
Oh so your beef is that oil companies pay their employees well? Oh heaven help that an oil company will pay their employees a good wage. You would rather live in a communist country where the government dictates what people are paid? Move to Venezuela.

I can't believe your wife made 100K and you are complaining about it, you should be writing the oil companies thank you notes every day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies