Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 09:51 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times

Advertisements

Are liberals more educated?

Well, have you ever watched FOX & Friends?

I rest my case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2011, 09:58 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,391,312 times
You have a better chance of seeing a Liberal at a NASCAR race that you do at seeing a conservative as a Valedictorian at (insert name of any college)

Old 05-13-2011, 10:22 AM

3,325 posts, read 3,170,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Yeah, and those metropolitan areas are also rife with people sucking off the government teet ala welfare, food stamps, section 8, medicaid...
Not to mention; crime, corruption, decadence, and a high incidence of dysfunctional lifestyles.

Old 05-13-2011, 10:30 AM

3,325 posts, read 3,170,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
You have a better chance of seeing a Liberal at a NASCAR race that you do at seeing a conservative as a Valedictorian at (insert name of any college)
I dunno, if you consider tea partiers as conservatives they aren't all that different from the rest of the country. I, for instance, have two degrees......and am a southern redneck in good standing.

Old 05-13-2011, 10:51 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Yeah, and those metropolitan areas are also rife with people sucking off the government teet ala welfare, food stamps, section 8, medicaid...
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Not really.

Red states are poorer and leech off of rich states that happen to be blue.

Nice try but, you fail. Metropolitan areas are not states.

Old 05-13-2011, 11:47 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,697,179 times
Quote:
uhh, not really. It's a fairly well known fact that most (college aged) students have liberal views. It's once they mature and start seeing for themselves the wasteful spending of the money extracted from their paychecks that their eyes are opened to conservative beliefs.

Nice try though.
College students are liberal until they start paying income taxes.

Old 05-13-2011, 11:56 AM

3,088 posts, read 5,356,109 times
I think that is not so much that liberals are more educated, but rather that those who are well educated tend to be more liberal in their thinking. . . . .a subtle but important difference.

Old 05-13-2011, 12:20 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,912,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1717 View Post
I think that is not so much that liberals are more educated, but rather that those who are well educated tend to be more liberal in their thinking. . . . .a subtle but important difference.
What is your definition of "well educated"? What if the formal education is in the arts vs. one in the sciences?

I have an undergrad degree in Computer Information System and Quantitative Analysis and an MBA both from accredited universities. I've been called a 'wing nut' on this site based on some of my conservative comments. My close family members who have degrees in CIS, nursing, accounting and finance all have the same conservative leanings as me. I have to get out to friends with degrees in education before I can find someone with left leaning tendencies.

Old 05-13-2011, 12:21 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,620,776 times
Fewer jobs in conservative areas require advanced degrees, thus a smaller percentage of people in red states need to go to college. That doesn't mean that these people aren't intelligent. I have a college degree and my wife has a high school diploma, but she's definitely more intelligent than me.

There's a difference between education and intelligence.

Old 05-13-2011, 12:23 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
If you look at metropolitan areas that have high percentages of people who hold a college degree, you will see that these regions are liberal.
Umm 48% of Detroit is functionally illiterate, what do you think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies