Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 12:19 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,398,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Sorry this is NOT just a Democrat problem... poverty has been here for a long time.... the recession was not brought about during the Dem administration. What exactly will a Republican Administration do to warrant people voting for them?????????

You point to the recession beginning when Republicans were in power without asking why, then ask what will a Republican administration actually do?

How about we stop being so intellectually lazy for starters.

AIDS started when Carter was president. Does that mean Carter cause AIDS, or he was simply in office when someone else's actions cause a disaster?

"I asked former President Bill Clinton if he thought he got bad advice on regulating complex financial instruments known as derivatives from his former Treasury Secretaries, Robert Rubin and Larry Summers. He acknowledged that he was wrong to take the advice of those advising him against regulating derivatives."

Clinton: I Was Wrong to Listen to Wrong Advice Against Regulating Derivatives* - Political Punch

On Monday President Clinton announced an "all-out" campaign to lobby Congress to pass permanent most-favored-nation status for China. The lobbying will be rough, with a fully mobilized American business community working as the iron fist inside the administration's velvet glove. The same day Clinton kicked off his new campaign, U.S. Chamber of Commerce President Thomas Donohue warned, on cue, that members of Congress who oppose permanent trade status for China "will find themselves in an unhappy situation with the business community."

Clinton's China Two-Step

YouTube - President Bill Clinton - Remarks on the Signing of NAFTA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2011, 12:21 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,850,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Yikes where to begin with this tripe? Mmmm. I know. Didn't Obama promise we would be out of Iraq in a year? I guess it was our mistake assuming he meant a lunar year.

Second, you now argue there is a valid reason to be at war so you really aren't concerned about the cost are you?

Now, as for Pakistan, please document that the previous administration being stopped by the Pakistanis?

It is really pathetic that you don't know this, but since I am a nice guy, I'll help you out.

UN Security Council approves US war on Libya | COTO Report

"Just hours ago, the UN Security Council led by the US has backed the use of “all necessary measures” against the oil rich country of Libya–including no fly zones."

OK, next lets looks at you taxes argument. On one had you argue Obama is brave for a raid inside Pakistan, yet he was scared away from raising taxes because people conplained? Mmmm very interesting indeed.

Finally, you can't write a sentence without mentioning Bush, yet you insist on reasons for voting for Republicans that don't mention Obama, more twisted reasoning from you. Again I see no resason to waste my time trying to persuade you to do something you would never do.
ok let's run this by you one more time............
Have you any reason to vote Republican based on THEIR agenda or how the Reublican party can solve the problems in the USA.
Is it that dificult to give valid reasons to Vote Republican and not just vote against the Democrats. In the mid terms, Florida voted in a Republican Gov. as a knee jerk reaction to get the Dem. out..... turned out to be a HUGE mistake. Is this what you want for the Presidential election...Fear based knee jerk reactions that the Country will regret......... Now what are the Republicans going to do if elected in????????????????

Old 05-16-2011, 12:23 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,136,221 times
Quote:
I asked, on a different thread, if anyone had a real reason why the Country should vote Republican...... Not interested in Obama Bashing as a reason or the same old same old "vote for me because you shouldn't vote for him/her". Just like in the mid-terms..... no real plan except ..... "DON'T vote for him/her"
Let's see some reasons why anyone should vote for a candidate on his/her own merits...... this will be interesting.
I've not yet heard anything from any Republican candidate that would make me want to vote for them.

I've heard enough from Newt to know I will definitely NOT vote for him. Then there's Palin, Bachmann and the other loons. Definitely NOT.

Mitch Daniels seems relatively sane. I might be interested in hearing more of what he has to say. If I thought he would be a better President than Obama I would vote for him.

I will absolutely not vote for any Republican that tries to push a social agenda. I might vote for a fiscal conservative or libertarian, perhaps.

Old 05-16-2011, 12:24 PM

1,970 posts, read 1,762,664 times
Any real reason to vote Republican?

Yes...I am voting against Obama, though it might not be a Republican because I am a true conservative and not a neo-con or a liberal in elephant pants.

Instead of worrying about the President, I am working harder to get conservative senators elected so we can take the senate away from the idiot Dems. I also am working to make sure the Republicans keep the House so that way Obama will be nothing but a lame duck President.

Old 05-16-2011, 12:26 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,190,673 times
Quote:
So still no solid informative reasons...... Amazing.
elamigo is the only one who has given some kind of reason....... "I would vote republican not so much because I am in total agreement with their agenda. I vote for them because it is the closest on economic issues to my views" or " If we can try to have jobs". not sure the handing over of medicare/aid to the private sector at the cost of our elderly who have paid all their lives for medicare/aid is going to win votes and the job market is coming back so obviously staying on the present course will bring back jobs.
I want real reasons not Obama bashing as a reason to vote for something worse.... show America something better..... Not Easy Huh!
Although you said you didn't want Obama-bashing, a very real reason for voting Republican for many is to vote against Obama, Pelosi, and Reid, just like many voted against GWB.

I dislike many positions the Republican candidates take, especially on social issues, but I dislike even more the core positions of the Democrats. Most of them don't care about the size of government and are too concerned about getting other governments to like us. I don't want to see the US government operate like California does.

I am increasingly drawn to Ron Paul and it is very possible I vote for him regardless of whether he is on the ballot or not.

Old 05-16-2011, 12:27 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,136,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post

Yes...I am voting against Obama, though it might not be a Republican because I am a true conservative and not a neo-con or a liberal in elephant pants.

Instead of worrying about the President, I am working harder to get conservative senators elected so we can take the senate away from the idiot Dems. I also am working to make sure the Republicans keep the House so that way Obama will be nothing but a lame duck President.
And what makes you a "true conservative?" Irrational hatred of Obama?

Old 05-16-2011, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post

At least you are being honest. Voting a party in just because you support the opposing party is not a reason to vote. This does NOT help anyone...blind voting is dangerous.
I remember when Bush went for his second term i watched the election go down to the wire and i wanted Bush to win...why? because i felt Kerry (i have a plan) didn't have a plan and was not the guy to vote in.
This thread is showing why America is in the dumper..... partisan blindness.
I am still waiting to see valid reasons as to vote Republican and exactly what is their agenda..... shouldn't be dificult... but obviously it is.

Old 05-16-2011, 12:31 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,762,921 times
Quote:
ok let's run this by you one more time............
Have you any reason to vote Republican based on THEIR agenda or how the Reublican party can solve the problems in the USA.
Is it that dificult to give valid reasons to Vote Republican and not just vote against the Democrats. In the mid terms, Florida voted in a Republican Gov. as a knee jerk reaction to get the Dem. out..... turned out to be a HUGE mistake. Is this what you want for the Presidential election...Fear based knee jerk reactions that the Country will regret......... Now what are the Republicans going to do if elected in????????????????

Again what is the point, you have your beliefs which you will not change. You have no genuine interest in an answer. What the Republicans stand for is pretty well know. You don't agree with them we get that. Just say that and move along, instead you start this inane thread.

Last edited by shorebaby; 05-16-2011 at 12:41 PM..

Old 05-16-2011, 12:38 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,398,078 times
Quote:
Obama is trying to get out of a huge war that was started before he was elected, in fact he had always said the real war was in Afghanistan..... maybe if it hadn't been started then the mess wouldn't have cost America Trillions.... getting out of any war is much harder than going in. Obama is not in a war with Lybia, he has let NATO sort this one out and yet he is still being accused of running the show.... not factual
Bush tax cuts failed.... worst recession ever in the USA. Obama extended the tax cuts for a limited time so that he could keep tax cuts for less wealthy families.... he won't play that game again and will raise tax on the wealthy and stop the "criminal" tax cuts being given to the huge corporations at American's expense.
Now give me a reason TO vote Republican

Photo: Marine Amphibious Assault Vehicle

This is what is known as an amphibious assault vehicle. We called them amtracks. They carry marines from ship to shore during an amphibious assault. They also carry the same marines back to the ship.

Now that you know that, explain what you mean by "trying to get out of a huge war".

We went to Iraq and Afghanistan to kill people who are now dead.

So, what's holding up the withdrawl?

All the idiot has to do is tell them to leave.

They'll follow the order.

That's what they do.

Old 05-16-2011, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Again what is the point, you have your beliefs which you will not change. You have no genuine interest in an answer. What the Republicans stand for is pretty well know. You don't agree with them we get that. Just say that and move along, instead you start this inane thread.
WTF................. Do you just see what you want to seee. Did you NOT read what this thread is all about? Did you NOT see me say i supported Bush (Rep) as i thought he made more sense than Kerry. I can see America now recovering from the worst recession EVER in America's history and this is down to the current administration...all i want here is to see ANY REAL reason why America should vote in the Republicans..... so far nothing solid.... Why is that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies