Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 10:40 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,847,521 times

Advertisements

I asked, on a different thread, if anyone had a real reason why the Country should vote Republican...... Not interested in Obama Bashing as a reason or the same old same old "vote for me because you shouldn't vote for him/her". Just like in the mid-terms..... no real plan except ..... "DON'T vote for him/her"
Let's see some reasons why anyone should vote for a candidate on his/her own merits...... this will be interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2011, 10:43 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,921 times
Honestly...obama got elected because he wasn't Bush. If not him, it would have been Hillary. I hope the Repubs nominate a real conservative in 2012 but I will likely vote for the least liberal candidate. I would guess that will likely not be obama.

Old 05-16-2011, 10:44 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,554,281 times
[quote=geeoro;19172814]I asked, on a different thread, if anyone had a real reason why the Country should vote Republican...... Not interested in Obama Bashing as a reason or the same old same old "vote for me because you shouldn't vote for him/her". Just like in the mid-terms..... no real plan except ..... "DON'T vote for him/her"
Let's see some reasons why anyone should vote for a candidate on his/her own merits...... this will be interesting.[/quote
The OP title seem to reflect your ulterior motive, do not like republicans.

However, I will reply. I would vote republican not so much because I am in total agreement with their agenda. I vote for them because it is the closest on economic issues to my views. To me that is priority than pushing for gay marriage even though it is their right. It is a matter what is more important to me. If we can try to have jobs most of the people can work on who can marry who. Now, if someone cannot marry somebody they want they can still love each other, have sex, etc. but not having a job is more hurting to an individual. Take care.

Old 05-16-2011, 10:46 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,730,662 times
Someone has to stop Barry from driving the country over a cliff. You can recover from a ditch,

Old 05-16-2011, 10:50 AM

34,090 posts, read 82,988,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Any real reason to vote Republican?

Let's see some reasons why anyone should vote for a candidate on his/her own merits...... this will be interesting.
I can't see any reasons to...
unless of course you're a closed minded social conservatism zealot.

There are very few issues where there is a frogs hair of difference between the realpolitik views and actions of the party apparatchik on all but these social issues.

(don't confuse the soundbite BS with the realpolitik views and actions)
---

As to the notion of some lone wolf coming down off the ridge line...
hahaha

Old 05-16-2011, 10:55 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,459,190 times
How about preventing all out totalitarianism? How about stopping the government from stealing from us via irresponsible government programs and secret bailouts by the Federal Reserve. How about stopping the government and corporate takeover of our food supply? How about getting rid of the ABUSE from Homeland Security and the TSA? How many more reasons do you need?

However, these are reasons to vote not for just any Republican because many Republicans would do nothing to solve these problems. NO NEO-CONS! We need a Republican/Libertarian like Gary Johnson or Ron Paul or a third party. No more Democrats or Neo-Con Republicans.

Old 05-16-2011, 10:59 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,459,190 times
On the other hand, there is no reason to vote Republican if you enjoy poverty and being a slave to the government because that is where the current Democrats are taking us.

Old 05-16-2011, 11:01 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,188,106 times
God will be very angry with everyone who does not vote Republican.
Go ahead, don't vote Republican, you can look forward to eternity in hell!

Old 05-16-2011, 11:03 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,409,483 times
Ron Paul is the only reason I would vote Republican in November '12. If he doesn't win the nomination . . then I will vote Libertarian (as usual).

Old 05-16-2011, 11:06 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
Voting for Republican's and their pro war, while cutting taxes on the wealthy, policies would be against my self interest. I will be supporting and voting for President Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies