Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 08:43 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,584,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
It's pretty similar to when the left wing nuts claim that Beck is losing ratings when the numbers basically follow normal trends in ratings dropping off at certain times of the year. They get excited because Beck or Fox's ratings dropped 5% but don't seem to care that everyone's ratings drop 5% every year at this time of the year.

Remind me: why is Beck's show on Fox being cancelled?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2011, 08:47 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
It appears so. Audiences seem to be growing weary of incessant Obama-bashing and hyperpartisan spin. The 65 and over demographic still tunes in, though.

"First, here’s a snapshot that puts the shift in perspective: Just days after the 2010 election, the nation’s first all-conservative talk radio station, KVI in Seattle, switched back to a classic-rock format after 17 years. Its innovation had become media saturation—and music became an appealing alternative to the drone of a dozen Rush Limbaugh imitators.

Rush is a giant in his field, reaching more listeners than anyone in political talk, but even he has seen erosion in his numbers. Analysis of industry data shows that in market after market, Rush’s ranking has declined decisively over the past five years among advertisers’ coveted 25-54 age group. For example, in Charlotte, North Carolina, Rush fell from sixth to 12th between 2005 and 2010. In Portland, Oregon, he fell from fourth to eighth. In San Francisco, he’s seen a similar decline. Among listeners 65 and older, Rush remains No. 1. He can sell bedpans and resentment forever. But the demographic trend is not his friend."

Rush Limbaugh and Right Wing Talk Radio Flame Out As Listeners Tune To Independents - The Daily Beast

Why I'm smarter than you: Has Right-Wing Talk Radio Finally Gone Too Far?

Wishful thinking again among the leftists.

There is a reason why left leaning radio programs fail- they are boring and are a reflection of the same sentiments on television. In short, it is a tired and failed message without pictures.

Conservative radio is appealing as there is (beyond Fox) no conservative media outlet. Given the large number of television programs appealing to half of the population, talk radio will always have an appeal unless the television media suddenly becomes objective.

Old 05-17-2011, 08:48 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,853,660 times
Quote:
Remind me: why is Beck's show on Fox being cancelled?
It sure isn't because of ratings, he blows away anyone else in his genre and time slot. Again, the left wing nuts have devoted tons of money and time to attacking people like Glen Beck. Just look at groups like Media Matters which spend 100% of the time attacking Fox News, it's not exactly a watch dog of media... it's a left wing nut job group that hates Fox news. Glen Beck isn't hurting, he's moving on to other things where he'll probably make more money and more *******s hate him.

Old 05-17-2011, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

There is a reason why left leaning radio programs fail- they are boring and are a reflection of the same sentiments on television. In short, it is a tired and failed message without pictures.

Conservative radio is appealing as there is (beyond Fox) no conservative media outlet. Given the large number of television programs appealing to half of the population, talk radio will always have an appeal unless the television media suddenly becomes objective.
Let's look at Air America where most of today's left wing media trash came from, they lost money from the day they went on the air and after being propped up month after month by wealthy *******s they finally went belly up. People like the Maddow and Ed were complete failures just like they are now when you look at ratings.

Old 05-17-2011, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

Objectivity isn't favorable to the right wing agenda.

Old 05-17-2011, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Let's look at Air America where most of today's left wing media trash came from, they lost money from the day they went on the air and after being propped up month after month by wealthy *******s they finally went belly up. People like the Maddow and Ed were complete failures just like they are now when you look at ratings.

I'm sure glad it's only the left attacking conservative media figures in the battle of ideologies.

Old 05-17-2011, 08:54 AM

Quote:
I'm sure glad it's only the left attacking conservative media figures in the battle of ideologies.
Show me a right wing group that is devoted solely to attacking one media outlet? Show me the right wing version of Media Matters that attacks only MSNBC. Everyone gets attacked but the left is utterly obsessed with Fox News, it's pathetic.

Old 05-17-2011, 08:55 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,663,842 times
I have not seen any right wing radio shows leaving the airways in my area...
I don't listen to Rush/Beck or Hannity. Its just too hard to listen to them preach for more than a few minutes. I don't need that kind of brain washing. IMO

I do however llisten to Dennis Pragar. He's easy to listen to and comes across as very sincere.
I would listen to a Left Wing radio show to get a more balanced mindset but unfortunately there are none in my area. I do occassionaly catch NPR.

Old 05-17-2011, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Show me a right wing group that is devoted solely to attacking one media outlet? Show me the right wing version of Media Matters that attacks only MSNBC. Everyone gets attacked but the left is utterly obsessed with Fox News, it's pathetic.

Could it possibly be Fox News' well established reputation for naked bias and slanted reporting while trumpeting its slogan:

"Fair and Balanced"?

MSNBC calls itself, "The Place For Politics", not pretending to be something they clearly aren't.

Old 05-17-2011, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyogelvie View Post
I have not seen any right wing radio shows leaving the airways in my area...
I don't listen to Rush/Beck or Hannity. Its just too hard to listen to them preach for more than a few minutes. I don't need that kind of brain washing. IMO

I do however llisten to Dennis Pragar. He's easy to listen to and comes across as very sincere.
I would listen to a Left Wing radio show to get a more balanced mindset but unfortunately there are none in my area. I do occassionaly catch NPR.
I have satellite radio in my truck so I have access to both sides of the spectrum. I listen to XM left pretty often just to keep an eye on our enemy and it's pretty much impossible to find a show on XM left that isn't a 2 or 3 hour hate fest against conservatives. XM patriot which is their version of right wing radio is filled with crazy stuff talking about secession, taxes, self sufficiency and other stuff like that but XM left has one show and it's basically "We hate conservatives" and it's on 24 hours a day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies