Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 04:09 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,755,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
I sympathize with the OP's problems he has faced because of his homosexuality but I really think he needs more help than what can be extended to him in an online forum. I've advised him before to just grow a thicker skin and don't let what other people say bother him so much--which I realize is much easier said than done--and this is why I now suggest he either find himself a support group or go for some one-on-one therapy to help him deal with something that obviously bothers him a great deal. But from the many threads he has started on the subject, I have to disagree about the "pushing it in anyone's face".

And these may not even be all the "gay threads" he has started as I figured this was enough to get the point across that, yes, he is "pushing it in our faces" here on the P&OC Forum.
I don't see it that way at all. I see him as a young man in an area where he might not dare to ask these questions because he either knows or fears the reactions he might evoke from those around him. He probably sees this forum as a 'safe' place to ask his questions without incurring the wrath of his family and neighbors.

Old 05-22-2011, 04:10 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,878,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Anyone who says that gays are "pushing it in their face" is obviously prejudiced against gays. If you don't like what he's saying, you're free to ignore it - just like I ignore most of the vitriolic anti-Obama threads from right-wing nutjobs.
first, attributing those quotes to me is flat out wrong because i NEVER MADE THOSE QUOTES. read the postsw again before you falsely attribute quotes to someone.

second, i said i dont care if he is gay or not, that is his choice. however dont throw it up in my face that one is gay, or even if someone has a super active sexual lifestyle, i dont want to hear about it as it is NONE OF MY BUSINESS what people do in the bedroom.

Old 05-22-2011, 04:17 PM

268 posts, read 392,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlarson21 View Post
I'm gay and I've never felt like an alien other than many people think of us. i just feel like that regular kid. I used to play dodgeball and foursquare and softball with all the other kids in my neighborhood. I went to birthday parties, I live in rural state. I'm close to my family, and go to work, graduated from college, go to church etc. I'm just me. my friends and family who are all straight don't think of me as 'that strange person'. I'm just boring normal me. JUST LIKE THEM.

When people talk about 'the gays'. it seems as though they're talking about a subhuman group of aliens. Is this just a way to make us appear like the 'other' or to appear scary to others.

How can I scare people that much? I don't get how my life brings out such a big reaction in others.

It's amazing how ANY difference from others brings out such a STRONG reaction in so many.

You seem to be looking for validation. Your in the wrong forum. Try the butt pirate Forum.

Which Church do you got to by the way?

Homosexuality is a chosen, unnatural, abnormal, changeable, and perverted lifestyle, which is hated by God.

Leviticus 18:22: Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Last edited by handog; 05-22-2011 at 04:34 PM..

Old 05-22-2011, 04:18 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,460,260 times
I have so many very good gay friends both Male and Female. The gay people i assocaite myself are professional people, normal every day people. Infact the women who are, by looking at them, no way would a guy ever guess, they are gorgeous, noraml looking women. Some of the gay guy friends i have is another story, but as they age, they are getting better. They were younger and had to announce to the world they are gay, as they matured, and respected who they are as an individual and person, they changed their way of thinking also. The way i am striaght i do not announce it to the world, no one's business they they guys are now like this also.

I do not think until a gay person has acutally accepted themselves for who they are inside and out, they cannot understand what it is others feel about them. The thing about me, is i always accepted them for them, don't want know one person to change for me, be who you are, that is what they like about me, i let them be them. If they acted up, and a few of the guys, did when i first met them, as time went on, they matured about their being gay, and respected the fact that they were gay and i actually apprecaited them even more. All anyone wants in life is to be respected and liked, gays and stragiht alike.

Gay people on this forum, are not the only ones who constantly have new posts about gays, most of the time it is someone straight trying to be funny, and no you ain't.
It is a subject that obviously for some reason, some people cannot do without, because every day there is a new thread about gays, give it a rest please.

Old 05-22-2011, 04:19 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,755,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
second, i said i dont care if he is gay or not, that is his choice. however dont throw it up in my face that one is gay, or even if someone has a super active sexual lifestyle, i dont want to hear about it as it is NONE OF MY BUSINESS what people do in the bedroom.
Sorry, but is NOT a 'choice'. It is merely a fact of life. Most people are heterosexual, some people are homosexual, some people are bisexual and some people are transsexual or transgendered. None of those are aspects anyone can 'decide' to be or have; therefore they are not choices.

Old 05-22-2011, 04:27 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,878,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by handog View Post
You seem to be looking for validation. Your in the wrong forum. Which Church do you got to by the way?

Homosexuality is a chosen, unnatural, abnormal, changeable, and perverted lifestyle, which is hated by God.

Leviticus 18:22: Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.
as jesus said though, hate the sin, love the sinner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I have so many very good gay friends both Male and Female. The gay people i assocaite myself are professional people, normal every day people. Infact the women who are, by looking at them, no way would a guy ever guess, they are gorgeous, noraml looking women. Some of the gay guy friends i have is another story, but as they age, they are getting better. They were younger and had to announce to the world they are gay, as they matured, and respected who they are as an individual and person, they changed their way of thinking also. The way i am striaght i do not announce it to the world, no one's business they they guys are now like this also.

I do not think until a gay person has acutally accepted themselves for who they are inside and out, they cannot understand what it is others feel about them. The thing about me, is i always accepted them for them, don't want know one person to change for me, be who you are, that is what they like about me, i let them be them. If they acted up, and a few of the guys, did when i first met them, as time went on, they matured about their being gay, and respected the fact that they were gay and i actually apprecaited them even more. All anyone wants in life is to be respected and liked, gays and stragiht alike.

Gay people on this forum, are not the only ones who constantly have new posts about gays, most of the time it is someone straight trying to be funny, and no you ain't.
It is a subject that obviously for some reason, some people cannot do without, because every day there is a new thread about gays, give it a rest please.
well said, repped you for this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
Sorry, but is NOT a 'choice'. It is merely a fact of life. Most people are heterosexual, some people are homosexual, some people are bisexual and some people are transsexual or transgendered. None of those are aspects anyone can 'decide' to be or have; therefore they are not choices.
rubbish, that is a cop out attitude. but again, i dont care if someone chooses that lifestyle, it is NONE of my business.

Old 05-22-2011, 06:17 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,576,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
Check the NEA.

Gays already have the same rights as anyone else.

I don't have to recognize what I consider an abhorrent lifestyle.

Nor do I publicly tell everyone who I come into contact with that I'm straight.

Gayness is the new chic.
Um, NO WE DON"T.

and it's not 'chic'. it wasn't a choice in any way. if it was a choice i wouldn't be one.

Old 05-22-2011, 06:18 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,576,656 times
Quote:
as jesus said though, hate the sin, love the sinner.

well said, repped you for this post.

rubbish, that is a cop out attitude. but again, i dont care if someone chooses that lifestyle, it is NONE of my business.

actually it's NOT rubbish. people wouldn't go through having to come to terms with something, they'd just make another choice.

you have NO IDEA what you're talking about.

Also, you can ask both gay and straight people if they chose their orientations. And they've already explained to you they didn't so you've already been proven incorrect.

Old 05-22-2011, 06:48 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,693,492 times
Quote:
dont throw it up in my face that one is gay, or even if someone has a super active sexual lifestyle, i dont want to hear about it as it is NONE OF MY BUSINESS what people do in the bedroom.
Ha. Sorry. You're just going to have to deal with hearing about people's sexuality for the rest of your life. No one's going back into the closet to make you more comfortable.

Old 05-22-2011, 06:51 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,693,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by handog View Post
You seem to be looking for validation. Your in the wrong forum. Try the butt pirate Forum.

Ah, yes. The "Christian" point of view.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies