Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2011, 05:00 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,568,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
He's a great American.....just like i said. Who's greater?
You might be surprised who took the high road on this one.
http://www.glennbeck.com/2011/05/26/msnbc-hosts-****-comment-doesnt-go-over-well/ (broken link)

Also, Glenn did not feel that Laura Ingraham needed an apology from Schultz or MSNBC as she is a strong woman and likely was unaffected by the Ed’s vile remarks. “ Laura is a friend of mine. It’s not like we’re hanging out, but Laura is a friend of mine. She’s always been very kind to me. I think she’s wicked, wicked smart. She certainly does not need Ed Schultz to apologize or to stick up for her or MSNBC to stick up for her. She can handle herself. She is she was smart enough to get out of MSNBC. So she’s pretty darn smart. So I don’t think she needs anybody to defend her. She’s a strong enough person and woman to do that herself,” he said.
“I would imagine that Laura Ingraham feels the same way as I do about Ed Schultz. I don’t think of him.”
Glenn was also sad to see Schultz had been removed from the air as he does not believe in shutting down speech, no matter how bad it might be. He feels that by letting him stay on air, Schultz helps define the voice of the progressive party and the opposition to small government. After all, Ed has branded himself as an aggressive, pro-union progressive.
“Let Ed Schultz, let all of that anger and that rage and everything else just spill over all the time. Let the name‑calling and the union thuggery, let it just be out. Show it,” Glenn said. “Look at the ratings. Nobody wants to join that party. It doesn’t sound like a fun party.”
“I don’t have any intention of trying to shut them down. We can win the argument.”
Ultimately, however, Glenn felt that Ed was sincere in his apology.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2011, 05:13 PM

37,223 posts, read 19,219,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
for calling Laura Ingraham a ****, rhymes with smut.

http://dailycaller.com/2011/05/25/ed-schultz-gets-one-week-unpaid-suspension-for-right-wing-****-remark/ (broken link)

Now, isn't this leftist creep the one that always talks about "civility"?

Yet, you won't find a better misogynist than this creepy lefty.

It's like I always said - what the Left unjustifiably accuses the Right of doing, they are guilty of themselves.

It's way past time NBC gets rid of these radical, nasty leftists - they do nothing but marginalize and discredit the whole network. It's no wonder REAL journalists don't want to be seen on their shows.
Why do you hate the First Amendment? Censuring Shultz is censorship, plain and simple, and you should know that.

Old 05-26-2011, 05:15 PM

1,970 posts, read 1,762,195 times
It certainly didn't bo9ther you leftists when Imus got fired for saying what he said. I say you have a double standard.

Old 05-26-2011, 05:21 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,321,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
None AFAIK, but I find that a lot of them basically just shout and don't let their guests ever get a word in edgewise. Even if I agree with what they're saying, it'd be nice to at least let the other side talk and then rip in to them.
Actually, that's not true. They give plenty of time for guests to express their views and comments. Many times they even get the last word in.

Old 05-26-2011, 05:23 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,197,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Why do you hate the First Amendment? Censuring Shultz is censorship, plain and simple, and you should know that.
You obviously weren't around here when sanrene was defending Andrew Breitbart for calling
Shirley Sherrod a racist, and Ingraham using the N word. Now the shoe is on the other foot.

Last edited by meson; 05-26-2011 at 05:48 PM..

Old 05-26-2011, 05:41 PM

37,223 posts, read 19,219,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
It certainly didn't bo9ther you leftists when Imus got fired for saying what he said. I say you have a double standard.
Actually, you need to go back and review my posts from that issue before you make a blanket statement.

Old 05-26-2011, 05:46 PM

2,362 posts, read 2,997,351 times
Who iz Ed Schultz? Nobody watches msnbc. We like Fox News for their superior ratings and journalism integrity. Ed Schultz is not fair and balanced.

Old 05-26-2011, 06:14 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
You obviously weren't around here when sanrene was defending Andrew Breitbart for calling
Shirley Sherrod a racist, and Ingraham using the N word. Now the shoe is on the other foot.
Huh? When did she use the "n" word and if she did, was it directed toward someone?

Sherrod IS a racist.

Last edited by sanrene; 05-26-2011 at 06:23 PM..

Old 05-26-2011, 06:25 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,956,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The Big Redhead was out of line. I can't defend his comments. He was dead wrong. I wish he hadn't done it....seriously.

That aside, i adore the man, and i love what he stands for. Libs have been backing down for too long....acting scared and giving conservatives the proverbial wide berth when they share sidewalks. Ed says that we don't have to do that. That we can smash you guys back in the mouth when you accuse us of being "hippies" and "un-American." That it's YOU GUYS that have a bad vision for this country, and selling us out to the multinationals for your pieces of silver. No liberal has ever been THIS publicly confrontational, and we eat it up. For once, you don't have some hoity toity, Ivy League, northeastern Lib to kick around like you guys have been doing. Ed is a southerner, gun toting, meat eating Liberal.

If that makes him vile, so be it. Limbaugh has been vile for years, and the right doesn't condemn his statements.
Obviously, Ed is wrong, since he is in a timeout for his "smash mouth" antics.

Nothing at all wrong with going after a political adversary based on the issues, but so often the Left runs off the rails and resorts to name calling and personal attacks.

Old 05-26-2011, 06:33 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,610,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddliferous View Post
Ed Schultz reminds me somewhat of a "left-wing" answer to Rush Limbaugh. He and Chris Matthews seem unwilling to allow their guests from the "right" to actually answer questions in an apparent fear of being upstaged, disproven or out-smarted.

I enjoy the Rachel Maddow program primarily because she takes the time to explain the mechanics behind the issues as well as her take and solicits the other side's comments much more openly.

I do not watch Fox. Can't bear to watch it.
Maddow is the most arrogant, condescending person on MSNBC. What a know it all snot she is, cannot stand to watch her for more than 5 minutes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies