Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2011, 09:00 AM

3,128 posts, read 6,558,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
In many cases Republicans are as ignorant as Democrats when it comes to picking candidates. There are only a few candidates out there like Ron Paul who want to really fix problems instead of making them worse. The American voting populous is pretty ignorant when it comes to electing Presidents. We have millions of idiots who vote for the guy who reads off of his teleprompter the best or the guy who looks most like me.
Great post. Worked for Obama, worked for Reagan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2011, 09:01 AM

38,750 posts, read 22,540,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Of course any white person who says this would be a racist?
He voted for 0bama for purely superficial and shallow reasons, how 0bama looks and talks, definitely style over substance. It's obvious that nothing in my original post bothers him, and like a good little lemming these sycophants will follow 0bama right over the cliff in '12.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:04 AM

38,750 posts, read 22,540,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWatson13 View Post
Its really scary and odd that as bad as Obama is according to people that the Republicans have worse candidates and no true viable candidate with 2012 soon coming.
I think picking the next president from a random number in a small town Iowa phone book, would run the country better then 0bama and his wrecking crew of incompetent boobs.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:10 AM

2,409 posts, read 3,050,188 times
The American public wasn't thinking when they voted Obama into office that's the problem. Look America is as dumbed down as we've ever been. 40% of Detroit is illiterate. 40 million Americans are on food stamps. More people than ever are going to college and we spend more money on public education than any country in the world.............yet our kids are far outpaced by countries that spend a 1/3 educating their populace. LOL............that is the way it is supposed to be when you have a fascist government hell bent on protecting the corporation and subverting the Constitution/the Republic.

Americans are much more worried about eating and shopping than they are knowing their history, researching political candidates, and realizing why their country is in the shape it is in. Ask the average American where money comes from and how the Federal Reserve system works...i.e quantitative easing, inflation, debt and credit, business cycles etc. Most are clueless.....even college educated Americans have no clue who they are controlled by the banking elite that print endless gobs of debt based money. That is why the national debt will never be paid off. The private banking elite make money of the debt and credit they extend to the US government.

Look at the response Herman Cain got after the first Republican debate in Carolina. LOL........there is no hope for change when American people are just overall so goddamn dumb and apathetic.

Old 05-31-2011, 09:25 AM

13,186 posts, read 12,368,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I think that is the attraction of the obvious outsiders like Nader, Paul Kucinich, Paul and even Palin. People know that these politicians will not be as easily controlled as Bush, Clinton, 0bama, which is why the Democratic Party and Republican Party elites (puppetmasters) cannot stand them.
No, Palin is a self serving fool that could not finish what she started in Ak, Nader makes too much sense and Paul who?

Old 05-31-2011, 09:59 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,260,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
He voted for 0bama for purely superficial and shallow reasons, how 0bama looks and talks, definitely style over substance. It's obvious that nothing in my original post bothers him, and like a good little lemming these sycophants will follow 0bama right over the cliff in '12.
First of all, it's she, not he. Secondly, it's pretty arrogant of you to think you can read my mind. You know the old cliche about assumptions.....

I posted a few reasons why I voted for Obama. And YES, one of them was it was about G damned time we had someone who could relate to being something other than a trust fund baby, White boy who steals the bones of Geronimo.

hehehheheheh, and the thought of Sarah Palin being 2nd in command should scare the beJesus out of anyone.

Again, you repubs have no one to offer so far other than Mitt Romney. Mitt seems okay, and I could live with that. Bachman needs a labotomy; Newt is a nut; and Pawlenty has already dug his political grave with his medicare proposals.

The sooner people realize that not every one else in the world will ever see things, experience things or live the same way as you the better off this world will be. Unfortunately, there are far too mentally incompetent people for them to see anything other than from their own tunnel vision.

Old 05-31-2011, 10:04 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,920,770 times
2008 is old news. But this is along the lines of what I think of, looking forward into 2012.

Old 05-31-2011, 10:06 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,878,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
I posted a few reasons why I voted for Obama. And YES, one of them was it was about G damned time we had someone who could relate to being something other than a trust fund baby, White boy who steals the bones of Geronimo.
Yeah, what America really needed was a half white boy who was abandoned by his father, raised by his lilly white family and grew up in Hawaii before attending Harvard... someone who can really relate to the hardships that average black people go through daily.

Old 05-31-2011, 10:11 AM

8,933 posts, read 5,420,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
You wouldn't vote for McCain on the off-chance Palin (who had very little leadership/political experience) might be President--so you vote for Obama to actually BE President, when he has ABSOLUTELY NO EXPERIENCE in business or leadership, as well as almost none in politics?

May I never attempt to follow liberal reasoning.
You forgot something ..... God forbid something should happen to BO, but if it did BO voters were going to present us with President Biden. Note the man has attempted to get the Democratic nomination himself but liberals didn't think he was good enough to be President. Then suddenly he was good enough?

Old 05-31-2011, 10:13 AM

8,933 posts, read 5,420,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
"Please think, in 2012"

Too bad you republicans didn't THINK when you voted for Dumbya.
We did, and the thought of Al Gore and John (I served in Vietnam) Kerry was sufficient enough for us to pull the other lever.

No regrets at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies