Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2011, 04:36 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,738,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc42gb43 View Post
You don't get credit for only sexting young women not your wife only a few times after you're married.

I am glad to hear that Pelosi wants to launch an investigation into this. Accountability for those in her own caucus is a good thing.
Pelosi only wants an investigation because it normally takes 9 to 12 months. Speaker Boehner should expell him immediately. Weiner already admitted GUILT. What's to investigate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2011, 04:37 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,873,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
So you think that the right in New York will let this one subside? Maybe the people the "Weenie" represents will be ready for him to return to do it again. If so they deserve anything he slams them with the next time around.
Roy, we finally agree! What happens with Weiner is up to his family, his
Associates and his Constituents. The rest is inconsequential.

Old 06-06-2011, 04:37 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,404,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Brietbart didn't even rub it in.
Bull! He crashed Weiner's own press conference and took questions from the press that were there to hear a statement from Weiner himself. Saying that in that context, Breitbart isn't rubbing it in would suggest that you have a very odd definition of rubbing it in.

Quote:
Pelosi only wants an investigation because it normally takes 9 to 12 months.
So she *shouldn't* be asking for an investigation? Why should they immediately expel him? He admitted that he lied, but is that necessarily an offense that rises to the level of discipline? Maybe an investigation would help to determine that!

Old 06-06-2011, 04:38 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,981,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Burning your arse that you do not have say in re-elcting Weiner or not? Too bad. So far, all family members and friends that I have spoken with today feel the same as I do. They will vote for Weiner again if he chooses to run. I voted for Weiner based on his representation on behalf on New Yorkers, not on his personal sexual flirtations.

You are very judgmental and I am curious as to why you called Weiner a scumbag other than the for the fact that he is a a Democrat.
So...lying, cover up, smearing, accusing others of hacking him are ok with you?

Old 06-06-2011, 04:38 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,148,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Nope!

I see that arrogant scumbagging liar, dragging this out like it is his right to act like that, because he is the elite chosen one.
So it is not Weiner's private parts display that irks you so much, it's his display of brains. Regardless of the frothing of the mouth from the holier than thou society on CD based on morals, it's the fact that when push comes to shove, Weiner is one helluva smart guy and that is frightening to a right winger...like garlic to a vampire. Weiner's outspoken way and fighting for causes is what you detest about him.

Old 06-06-2011, 04:39 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,685,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Burning your arse that you do not have say in re-elcting Weiner or not? Too bad. So far, all family members and friends that I have spoken with today feel the same as I do. They will vote for Weiner again if he chooses to run. I voted for Weiner based on his representation on behalf on New Yorkers, not on his personal sexual flirtations.

You are very judgmental and I am curious as to why you called Weiner a scumbag other than the for the fact that he is a a Democrat.

This is so double standard....

I'm sorry you don't hold your elected official at the highest standard of ethics and integrity. A scumbagger liar like that, you get what you pay for.

Yes, there is a very good reason I don't live in NY. I live in the State that picked up electoral votes from NY. People are fleeing that hellhole.

Old 06-06-2011, 04:40 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,965,286 times
A proven liar unworthy of the public trust.

"A liar is a liar, is a liar." ~ Ret. General Norman Schwartzkopf

The only thing this Weiner is sorry for is that he got caught. What a pathetic little pervert.

Old 06-06-2011, 04:41 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,799,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Pelosi only wants an investigation because it normally takes 9 to 12 months. Speaker Boehner should expell him immediately. Weiner already admitted GUILT. What's to investigate.
Pelosi would vote for him to stay in, as the way to knowing what he did wrong.

Old 06-06-2011, 04:41 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,167,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
I don't believe he should resign because of the bad judgement of sending the photo, I do however believe he should finish out his term and not seek re-election because his credibility is gone. This to me was NOT a big issue when it first occured, the continuous LIE and dance is where the issue is.
I agree but I'd add that anyone this stupid ( publishing a photo of yourself for the world to see thinking no one would know!!!!!!)
should not hold any office...

Old 06-06-2011, 04:42 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,117,293 times
I am deeply disappointed in Rep Weiner. I thought that he was, if not better, at least smarter than this. Do you know what tics me off the most about politicians who pull this kind of stuff? It is that they are so willing to throw away all the good they could do for the causes in which they say they believe just to behave like a raunchy 14 year old.....and most 14 year olds I know have more dignity than some of these politicians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies