Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2011, 12:44 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,649,842 times

Advertisements

Yes he did! And now he's outta there!! Goodbye, Pervert!! Whoot!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2011, 12:59 PM

218 posts, read 148,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
His Character and his ATTITUDE have dictated his fate
not even the 'MISGUIDED' liberals like being lied to
What's more offensive to you, lying or hiring prostitutes which is against the law?

Everybody lies at some point in life. Don't deny it. I think it was perfectly understandable that Wiener tried to protect his personal and private life. Tell us that you have NEVER EVER lied about anything, especially something which would needlessly hurt your family and cost you your job.

So easy to negatively judge someone else for doing exactly the same thing most people would have done under the circumstances, even if most people don't have teh guts to even admit it to themselves.

The real issue here has been that Wiener did have the proper ATTITUDE toward those politicians and people who are making every effort to destroy every program available to the poor and struggling middle class so the wealthy and just get wealthier. A huge loss.

Old 06-16-2011, 01:57 PM
C.C

2,235 posts, read 2,363,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingwithpain View Post
What's more offensive to you, lying or hiring prostitutes which is against the law?

Everybody lies at some point in life. Don't deny it. I think it was perfectly understandable that Wiener tried to protect his personal and private life. Tell us that you have NEVER EVER lied about anything, especially something which would needlessly hurt your family and cost you your job.

So easy to negatively judge someone else for doing exactly the same thing most people would have done under the circumstances, even if most people don't have teh guts to even admit it to themselves.

The real issue here has been that Wiener did have the proper ATTITUDE toward those politicians and people who are making every effort to destroy every program available to the poor and struggling middle class so the wealthy and just get wealthier. A huge loss.
In a way, you make a good point. We know that liberalism is based entirely on lies. We know that liberals who truthfully say what they want to do don't get elected. That was the whole premise of Clinton's "new democrats" - liberals who want to get elected must pretend not to be liberals. So if liberals lie all the time about everything, why should Weiner be singled out for punishment? Especially when you consider that Clinton got away with far worse misdeeds, and ended up as his party's hero? Apparently the liberals go by some obscure rules covering which lies are acceptable, even desirable, and which ones get you thrown under the bus.

I don't pretend to understand what the rules are, but my guess is that an offender's fate rests on his usefulness to the party. With Clinton, the party desperately needed to have a democrat president survive 2 terms for the first time in modern history. Weiner OTOH was eminently expendable for the simple reason that he served no greater purpose.

Old 06-16-2011, 02:35 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,370,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.C View Post
Damn - I gotta remember to be more careful with the wording in my weiner posts!
I gotta say that was a funny one right there C.C, I tell you what.

Old 06-16-2011, 02:46 PM

218 posts, read 148,489 times
Quote:
In a way, you make a good point. We know that liberalism is based entirely on lies. We know that liberals who truthfully say what they want to do don't get elected. That was the whole premise of Clinton's "new democrats" - liberals who want to get elected must pretend not to be liberals. So if liberals lie all the time about everything, why should Weiner be singled out for punishment? Especially when you consider that Clinton got away with far worse misdeeds, and ended up as his party's hero? Apparently the liberals go by some obscure rules covering which lies are acceptable, even desirable, and which ones get you thrown under the bus.

I don't pretend to understand what the rules are, but my guess is that an offender's fate rests on his usefulness to the party. With Clinton, the party desperately needed to have a democrat president survive 2 terms for the first time in modern history. Weiner OTOH was eminently expendable for the simple reason that he served no greater purpose.
Far too much generalizing about liberals. Republicans lie, too. They lie a lot. Human beings lie. It's a fact of life. "liberalism" is not based entirely on lies. That's just such an extreme statement. Liberals nor conservatives lie all the time about everything. There are degrees of lying. Google that topic. Is lying about what you had for dinner last night the same as lying about killing a person?

However, I do agree with you regarding what appears to be the motivation of the Dem leadership for throwing Wiener under the bus. Seems to me it's possible that Republicans are very good at ignoring lies and lawbreaking by their members all the time.

Old 06-16-2011, 03:30 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,328,875 times
Quote:
He was a stand-up kind of guy, that's for sure...

YouTube - ‪ORIGINAL THE SURFER BIRD - BIRD IS THE WORD‬‏

Old 06-16-2011, 03:38 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,712,723 times
Talking Goodbye Mr Weiner.

Dont go away mad just go away. Dont let the door hit you in the ass Mr Weiner. BYE BYE

YouTube - ‪Nah Nah Nah Hey Hey Hey Goodbye Edited‬‏

Old 06-16-2011, 03:43 PM
C.C

2,235 posts, read 2,363,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingwithpain View Post
Far too much generalizing about liberals. "liberalism" is not based entirely on lies.
Of course it's all lies - everything from the "war on poverty", whose real purpose was to create a permanent underclass entirely dependent on government, to "education", which just funnels money to teachers unions, to obamacare - "no one will be forced to buy health insurance", and "if you like the plan you have now, you can keep it". Tell the truth, like Hillary did about forcing you to buy insurance, and you're toast.

Old 06-17-2011, 06:09 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,764,880 times
Don't bother to celebrate his leaving just yet.......

Will Taxpayers Cover Weiner's Retirement? - Fox News Video - FoxNews.com

Jesus Christ and people have the audacity to complain about the little clerks who barely survive on thier salaries. His penison is such a sweet deal because his salary is way to high not just because of taxes. We seriously need to stop over paying elected officials and stricter guidelines for ethical/proper behavior.

Another problem we need to correct is to stop giving raises to the spouse's of arrested/convicted elected officials. I hate it when they get convicted and have their pensions reduced only to end up giving it right back to the married spouse of the convicted. That's how they get it back.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:34 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,568,492 times
[LEFT]Keith Olbermann hints at Anthony Weiner talk show on Al Gore's network

Read more: Keith Olbermann hints at Anthony Weiner talk show on Al Gore's network - Political Hotsheet - CBS News
[/LEFT]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies