Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 11:30 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,425,927 times

Advertisements

Dr. Sanjay Gupta has changed his mind on medical marijuana and apologizes for misleading people in the past.

He wrote this interesting article and has also done a documentary on the subject.

Dr. Sanjay Gupta: Why I changed my mind on weed - CNN.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2013, 11:41 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,244,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
Dr. Sanjay Gupta has changed his mind on medical marijuana and apologizes for misleading people in the past.

He wrote this interesting article and has also done a documentary on the subject.

Dr. Sanjay Gupta: Why I changed my mind on weed - CNN.com
Liberal pop airhead, with the genuiness and sincerity of a three dollar bill.

He's a detriment to any movement towards legalizing it or not.

Old 08-09-2013, 12:19 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,821,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattOTAlex View Post
Liberal pop airhead, with the genuiness and sincerity of a three dollar bill.

I don't get why you are taking that stance. I found this to be a fresh and truthful account of his journey to find the real truth-not the propaganda about weed. For him to be open minded enough to make the journey is so awesome-to me. AND I'm not a pot smoker. I do however appreciate the medicinal aspects of it.
The article was an eye opener even to me-an open minded and pretty liberal thinker. The story of the child having seizures was heartbreaking. If marijuana does and did help the child, how could it be classified any differently than other herbs which are used in medicines?

Dr. Gupta stated,"We have been terribly and systematically misled for nearly 70 years in the United States, and I apologize for my own role in that."

And to that ^ I say,"thank you sir for trying to correct a wrong that has been a wrong for a very long time"

Old 08-09-2013, 12:29 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,425,927 times
Quote:
How so?

Old 08-09-2013, 12:38 AM

3,062 posts, read 7,048,105 times
It seems like all the CNN correspondents are pushing the reefer on TV. Have you been watching Anthony Bourdain?

Old 08-09-2013, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
Dr. Gupta stated,"We have been terribly and systematically misled for nearly 70 years in the United States, and I apologize for my own role in that."
Yes. I saw that.

How generous of the amazing Dr. Gupta to make an apology to planet earth for his gigantic role in it!

Gimme a break. The only thing more inane than this was the recent statement made by Chris Matthews apologizing for all white people:
"I'm speaking now for all white people, especially those who tried to change over the past 50 or 60 years, and a lot have really tried to change. And I’m sorry for this stuff. That's all I’m saying."
Both of these fools obviously need to stop trying to flatter themselves.

Old 08-09-2013, 04:25 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,821,663 times
Quote:
Yes. I saw that.

How generous of the amazing Dr. Gupta to make an apology to planet earth for his gigantic role in it!

Gimme a break. The only thing more inane than this was the recent statement made by Chris Matthews apologizing for all white people:
"I'm speaking now for all white people, especially those who tried to change over the past 50 or 60 years, and a lot have really tried to change. And I’m sorry for this stuff. That's all I’m saying."
Both of these fools obviously need to stop trying to flatter themselves.

I don't get the connection. Nor do I "get" your apparent anger..at something.
Maybe you could try smoking a doobie and chillin out

Old 08-09-2013, 04:42 AM

Quote:
I don't get the connection. Nor do I "get" your apparent anger..at something.
Maybe you could try smoking a doobie and chillin out
Clarification:

How generous of the amazing Dr. Gupta to make an apology to planet earth for his gigantic role in stigmatizing marijuana.

Old 08-09-2013, 04:51 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,965,518 times
I saw this and am very interested in watching the documentary.

Now if we can only get our legislators to admit how utterly wrong they were.

Old 08-09-2013, 05:07 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,782,984 times
Quote:
I don't get why you are taking that stance. I found this to be a fresh and truthful account of his journey to find the real truth-not the propaganda about weed. For him to be open minded enough to make the journey is so awesome-to me. AND I'm not a pot smoker. I do however appreciate the medicinal aspects of it.
i'm an advocate of legalization , and i agree that Dr. Sanjay Gupta ranks up there with Dr. Phil in terms of having the appearance of a "Fake Celebrity Doctor."

that said, the man is a neurosurgeon educated at Emory, so you have to take his medical opinion at least somewhat seriously.

Quote:
Clarification:

How generous of the amazing Dr. Gupta to make an apology to planet earth for his gigantic role in stigmatizing marijuana.

i had to chuckle when he made that comment which presumed his Time Magazine article had some perceptible impact on the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies