Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 12:55 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,453,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnttokr1 View Post
Sexual misconduct meaning sexual harassment?
Depends on the office's policies. From what I have seen, a man who flirts with most of his co-workers is often seen as the office creep. A woman who does the same is often seen as a floozy. Neither one of those lables is better than the other. However, the line between flirting and sexual harrassment is thinner for men than it is for women. Men generally complain less than women when the opposite sex flirts with them in the workplace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2011, 12:57 PM

169 posts, read 159,591 times
Swingers and Bi - because they show no commitment to another - they'll screw anything
Pedophilia - self explanatory and should be killed
bestiality - because molesting animals is just frigging WRONG!!
Scat - WRONG

Old 06-06-2011, 01:24 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I am not a judge nor jury, why do i care. None of these, these are already acceptable to some degree.

However what is not acceptable is those who prey and abuse sexually children. And Perverts not acceptable to me. Rapists not acceptable to me.

What two consentual adults do in the privacy of their home is their business not mine or should be any of you.
Most sensible post I've seen on this thread. I feel compelled to add though that pedophelia is not a lifestyle it is a criminal and heinous act. One best handled with a tall tree and a short rope. As to the OPs list....Im with CA jewel there. I feel better tending to my own affairs and am quite well occupied doing so.

Old 06-06-2011, 01:27 PM

72 posts, read 63,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
Depends on the office's policies. From what I have seen, a man who flirts with most of his co-workers is often seen as the office creep. A woman who does the same is often seen as a floozy. Neither one of those lables is better than the other. However, the line between flirting and sexual harrassment is thinner for men than it is for women. Men generally complain less than women when the opposite sex flirts with them in the workplace.
I would not lump sexual harassment and sexual promiscuity together. Lets say that neither a man or a woman is sleeping with their coworkers. Both are know to have a very active sex life with different partners. The man and his "sexual conquest" celebrated by his male counterparts but he will be labeled a "player" by his woman counterparts. The woman will be labeled a w**** and outcasted by her female counterparts and labeled as easy by her male counterparts.

Which one is more "socially acceptable" in your eyes?

Old 06-06-2011, 01:38 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,853,436 times
Pedophillia

Old 06-06-2011, 02:19 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,453,455 times
Quote:
I would not lump sexual harassment and sexual promiscuity together. Lets say that neither a man or a woman is sleeping with their coworkers. Both are know to have a very active sex life with different partners. The man and his "sexual conquest" celebrated by his male counterparts but he will be labeled a "player" by his woman counterparts. The woman will be labeled a w**** and outcasted by her female counterparts and labeled as easy by her male counterparts.

They're one in the same to me. Yes, I am aware that a double standard exists but I am not one to follow the herd.

Old 06-06-2011, 02:47 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,464,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenaiSons View Post
Swingers and Bi - because they show no commitment to another - they'll screw anything
This isn't true at all. Bisexual people simply don't limit themselves in their dating potential. It doesn't mean that they screw everything that moves. Just like most straight people don't screw every single member of the opposite sex.

Old 06-06-2011, 02:50 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,464,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I am not a judge nor jury, why do i care. None of these, these are already acceptable to some degree.

However what is not acceptable is those who prey and abuse sexually children. And Perverts not acceptable to me. Rapists not acceptable to me.

What two consentual adults do in the privacy of their home is their business not mine or should be any of you.

Old 06-06-2011, 02:51 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:

Funny, but I havent noticed any women around here being forced to wear a scarlet A if she decides to bang more than one person.
Its really no ones business but hers.

Old 06-06-2011, 02:56 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,756,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
none of these are offensive sexual behavors yet you seem to have omitted the worst of these which is pedophilia.
I guess that depends on whom you ask.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies