Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Have you ever had an abortion?
Yes 52 18.98%
No 89 32.48%
N/A- I'm a man & will never be pregnant. 133 48.54%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 07:48 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,054,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I know of cases where women were sterilized at a younger age.

A man can't say they can't lift but they can ask their boss for time off work when their wife gives birth. Some places are giving men more time off. I am only going by what the men say and they have certain feelings when their wives are pregnant. I think that is nice and only shows how some men are so loving. Some men are jerks too and insist on the abortion but thank God most are good.
I'll just bet you do. In my case, I would have needed to be steilized at the age of 18. {I decided I never wanted to have a child by the age of 14}

Are you really trying to tell me there are doctors out there that will sterilize women 18 years of age? Women that could very well have an unplanned pregnancy but are denied the solution you suggested.....sterilization.

Therefore, saying women who do not want children should just get sterilized is just as lame as that little video you are so fond of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2011, 08:14 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,520,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I'll just bet you do. In my case, I would have needed to be steilized at the age of 18. {I decided I never wanted to have a child by the age of 14}

Are you really trying to tell me there are doctors out there that will sterilize women 18 years of age? Women that could very well have an unplanned pregnancy but are denied the solution you suggested.....sterilization.

Therefore, saying women who do not want children should just get sterilized is just as lame as that little video you are so fond of.
No wonder you are jaded with life. You are in quite a quandary being a women and being able to get pregnant. I don't have the answer for you.

I would say don't have sex but you won't hear of that so I guess you are stuck with having abortion after abortion. I have heard of a woman who had 20 of them.

That is your choice----please do not expect it to be the choice for other women---many if not most do not want that.

Old 09-03-2011, 08:36 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,317,854 times
Quote:
No wonder you are jaded with life. You are in quite a quandary being a women and being able to get pregnant. I don't have the answer for you.

I would say don't have sex but you won't hear of that so I guess you are stuck with having abortion after abortion. I have heard of a woman who had 20 of them.

That is your choice----please do not expect it to be the choice for other women---many if not most do not want that.
Really, who are you to judge if another poster is "jaded with life"? Just because you've had a passionate drive to have a baby doesn't mean all women feel it. That doesn't make either one of you 'wrong'; it just makes you different. And, guess what, there are many degrees of feelings towards motherhood in between your feelings and hers. Why is that some/many infertile women always seem to want to make fertile women feel guilty for something neither one of you had a hand in creating?

Old 09-03-2011, 08:41 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,570,903 times
Quote:

This post makes me very sad. I read your posts year after year, and you really believe you know what is right for women.

I am proud to call myself a feminist, and you know what I have discovered is right for women? Whatever they have determined is the right choice for themselves. If they decide to have children, then that's the right choice for them. If they decide they never want to have children, than that is the right choice for them. If they decide that at this moment in time an abortion is the right choice for them, it is not my decision to make, nor question.

Demeaning women for choosing not to have children is as arrogant and anti-women as demeaning them for choosing to have children. And it is totally pointless.

Abortion must remain safe, accessible, and between a woman, her doctor, and her partner.

Old 09-03-2011, 08:43 PM

Quote:

So, because I see the world for what it really is instead of pretending it is something it isn't......I am "jaded"? Because I don't think having a baby is the "be all and end all" in life like YOU do, I am "jaded"? LMAO

Here we go again with the pro-life hysteria and exaggeration. 20 abortions....really? How about all of those welfare mothers that have 20 kids too? LOL

FYI.....I am 58 years old, and I have been having sex for a good many years without needing an abortion. However, if I had ever become pregnant....you can bet your life I would have aborted.....legal or not. You see, when I first began having sex abortions were illegal.....and that wouldn't have stopped me.

OMG.....YOU are the one advocating to have YOUR CHOICE forced onto others that do not believe or feel the way you do about babies.

YOU are the one who wants to ban abortion so there are more babies on the market to make it easier for people to shop for a baby. Force women to have babies against their will to provide other people with more babies to choose from.....how selfish is that?

I don't care how many children you want to have.....it is none of my business.....unless you expect me to support you and your children with my hard earned money.....then it is my business.

Old 09-03-2011, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Really, who are you to judge if another poster is "jaded with life"? Just because you've had a passionate drive to have a baby doesn't mean all women feel it. That doesn't make either one of you 'wrong'; it just makes you different. And, guess what, there are many degrees of feelings towards motherhood in between your feelings and hers. Why is that some/many infertile women always seem to want to make fertile women feel guilty for something neither one of you had a hand in creating?
It's not the reason I say she is jaded. She wants to have sex but not the consequences of sex and she can't get sterilized. That is a catch 22.

Old 09-03-2011, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
This post makes me very sad. I read your posts year after year, and you really believe you know what is right for women.

I am proud to call myself a feminist, and you know what I have discovered is right for women? Whatever they have determined is the right choice for themselves. If they decide to have children, then that's the right choice for them. If they decide they never want to have children, than that is the right choice for them. If they decide that at this moment in time an abortion is the right choice for them, it is not my decision to make, nor question.

Demeaning women for choosing not to have children is as arrogant and anti-women as demeaning them for choosing to have children. And it is totally pointless.

Abortion must remain safe, accessible, and between a woman, her doctor, and her partner.
Just do not force them to have an abortion which 45% have had done to them.

Old 09-03-2011, 09:05 PM

Here we go again with the pro-life hysteria and exaggeration. 20 abortions....really? How about all of those welfare mothers that have 20 kids too? LOL

20 children---you expect me to believe that? Are you exaggerating?

FYI.....I am 58 years old, and I have been having sex for a good many years without needing an abortion. However, if I had ever become pregnant....you can bet your life I would have aborted.....legal or not. You see, when I first began having sex abortions were illegal.....and that wouldn't have stopped me.

Why are you saying you want to be sterilized, you can't have children at 58. I guess you missed the bullet so why are you still mad you weren't able to be sterilized.

Old 09-03-2011, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Just do not force them to have an abortion which 45% have had done to them.
These women you speak of were not forced.....they may have been coerced.....but not forced.....BIG difference. {BTW....I do not believe those stats for a minute}

Just because a few women may be talked into abortions by the "baby daddy" or whomever.....is no reason to ban abortions for all women.

Many women have also been talked into/coerced into carrying a pregnancy to term......but I will bet you don't have a problem with that side of the coin.

One other point I would like to make......the attitude that many conservative pro-lifers have toward women who receive entitlements could also be seen as being coercive. It's similar to peer pressure.

Last edited by Annie53; 09-03-2011 at 09:39 PM..

Old 09-03-2011, 09:28 PM

Quote:

20 children---you expect me to believe that? Are you exaggerating?

Weren't you exaggerating? My comment was sarcasm, get it?

Why are you saying you want to be sterilized, you can't have children at 58. I guess you missed the bullet so why are you still mad you weren't able to be sterilized.
I am not still mad about not being able to get sterilized.......although it sure would have made my fertile years much easier and safer. BC pills do carry risk you know.

Just because I cannot get pregnant myself, does not mean that I cannot argue a point or that I want to see the young women of today lose their right to choose.

BTW....I consider menopause and the loss of my fertility one of the best things that has ever happened to me. No more periods and no more pregnancy worries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies