Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 12:27 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Give up? I proved you wrong.
In your unread mind, maybe, but for real, not at all. You still need to read them before you link them and you didn't until you got called on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2011, 12:30 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,950,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
In your unread mind, maybe, but for real, not at all. You still need to read them before you link them and you didn't until you got called on it.
So you are posting under two different names now. I am sure the moderators will be happy to hear that.

Old 06-20-2011, 12:34 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
And then those same idiots who vote Democrat all the time complain that they are losing their jobs or their homes and then move to one of these states and pollute it with their liberal ideology, without being aware that their voting patterns are the cause of this
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
A liberal paradise- gay marriages, abortion on demand, flooded with illegal immigrants, a failing educational system, and no jobs.

Really? Voting Democrat put Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhnold in office? Or have all the problems been mystically created in the short time he's been gone?

Old 06-20-2011, 12:37 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Nice way to give up. Now if you wish to continue please go find some other "small business" like the man in your article who BTW pulled up stake in 2005 (according to your article which has no bearing on the OP) and went to China. Read.
Arguing with this one, who is as lefty as they come, will never result in him admitting he was wrong. I just read the first few disinvestment events in the OP link and found that 140 employees was the largest number. Now I don't know what some of these people call small business but I call 140 employees kind of small. Sure not a major corporation.

Old 06-20-2011, 12:40 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
There aren't gay marriages in Calif anyone. The bible thumpers (haters) made sure to that.
The state court continues to nuke the will of the people.

Judge Rightfully Upholds Decision to Strike Down California's Proposition 8 (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ac/20110614/us_ac/8642119_judge_rightfully_upholds_decision_to_strik e_down_californias_proposition8 - broken link)

Old 06-20-2011, 12:51 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Take away the gay marriages and abortion on demand, you pretty much have Texas. You do realize this, right?

Right-

Texas has accounted for 45% of all new jobs in THE UNITED STATES in the last year.

California is a liberal and regulatory nightmare which drives buisness from the state. California is pretty much what Obama wants for the entire US- jobs leaving in droves and economic misery.

Fortunately, for the rest of the US, buisness leaving California going to other states is a tremendous benefit. If a state is so clueless and misguided with regard to their taxes, regulations, and energy policy- too bad for thier citizens. Perhaps they will wake up and become more friendly to buisness. However, given that the left is in control in California, I would not count on it anytime soon.

Old 06-20-2011, 12:52 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Really? Voting Democrat put Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhnold in office? Or have all the problems been mystically created in the short time he's been gone?

Arnold was a Rhino. Are you actually suggesting that California is a conservative state? That would be an interesting contention- completely false and outrageous, but interesting.

Old 06-20-2011, 12:55 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Arnold was a Rhino. Are you actually suggesting that California is a conservative state? That would be an interesting contention- completely false and outrageous, but interesting.
I'm suggesting nothing! I'm stating the fact that whoever runs on a Republican ticket is owned by the Republicans despite their best efforts to flee like rats from a sinking ship

Old 06-20-2011, 12:57 PM

589 posts, read 376,705 times
Oh please don't talk about abortions or gay marriage in this thread, it's about economics...

Old 06-20-2011, 01:07 PM

3,135 posts, read 3,781,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
True story from when I worked in California (just to give you an idea of what businesses are up against)....

I worked in a bank branch about 10 yrs ago. One of the tellers called in sick, nothing specific, just said she was sick. Around 11am, she called one of the other tellers to see if she wanted to go out to lunch. They had been so busy due to the "sick" one's absence, that she got angry and told the bank manager what happened.

The manager called HR to see if she could fire this girl or write her up or what. HR told her she couldn't do ANYTHING. Her illness may have been one that involved stress from the pressure of work. Going out to lunch may have been considered therapeutic for her.

Now, do YOU want to open a business in California???? lol

.....that is sad and sickening at the same time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies