Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 11:08 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Unless the topic's sole intent is to bash Obama and EPA, "that" has everything to do with the topic. AEP is shifting/consolidating production, just like corporations have shifted/consolidated offices to be more efficient, and oil companies have closed nearly half of the refineries over last 30 years, but also increasing production. The plants you read/heard about aren't worth the cost. AEP itself admits that they have been rarely put to use considering low cost/availability of natural gas.

Corporations like AEP not only need consumers, they also have the desire to maximize profits at any cost, and they could always use politics to play the game, with just enough people carrying the torch for them. What thinking entity wouldn't want a win-win situation? Those carrying the torch... well, they are a whole different category of folks.
The fact that they have been increasing production while closing down refineries shows how they have found more innovative methods to produce more, with less. But now these plants are being closed by government, and you went off on some rant in regards to "profits".. This thread isnt about "profits", If you want to bring in "profits" into the discussion, then please discuss policies which will cause prices to increase, which liberals will automatically assume = profits, even though its to pay for mandates
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2011, 11:11 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The fact that they have been increasing production while closing down refineries shows how they have found more innovative methods to produce more, with less. But now these plants are being closed by government, and you went off on some rant in regards to "profits".. This thread isnt about "profits", If you want to bring in "profits" into the discussion, then please discuss policies which will cause prices to increase, which liberals will automatically assume = profits, even though its to pay for mandates
Thank you. It would be rather stupid to keep rarely used power plants when their production can be shifted and efficiency improved. No? If the plants are being closed by the government, is AEP management
"the stupid"?

When you're talking about a corporations, profits are ALWAYS a part of the argument. Perhaps not true in your conservative wonderland?

Old 06-22-2011, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
...and that is the million dollar question, or in this case, multi billion dollar question. The defense of the big corporation's machinations by the every day individual is mind boggling. This is the portion of the masses that enables such greed to proliferate by buying into the propaganda, out and out corruption, greed and lies. Mind blowing.
Wrong, the multi billion dollar question is the defense of governmental regulations increasing costs on businesses, and ultimately the consumer, who will then of course blame the cost increases on business greed.

Whats mind blowing is the stupidity involved with thinking people are pointing out the liberal hypocracy over pro business mentalities.. I dont know about you, but I dont want to see electricity rates go up.. why do you?

Old 06-22-2011, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Thank you. It would be rather stupid to keep rarely used power plants when their production can be shifted and efficiency improved. No? If the plants are being closed by the government, is AEP management
Their prices are going to go up 10-15% because of this.. How is that efficient
Quote:
When you're talking about a corporations, profits are ALWAYS a part of the argument. Perhaps not true in your conservative wonderland?
WRONG.. You and other liberals brought up "profits".. Dont blame me for YOU bringing something up

Old 06-22-2011, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Provide me with one regualtion in any industry anywhere in this country that has not increased costs.
Lame question considering costs will and have increased with or without regulations.

Quote:
Their prices are going to go up 10-15% because of this.. How is that efficient
They're selling excuses, you're buying it. They win.

Quote:
WRONG.. You and other liberals brought up "profits".. Dont blame me for YOU bringing something up
Did I say I didn't? I said (read at a place you can keep up with, this time): profits are INTEGRAL part of arguments involving such corporations. You don't want it because it must not be true in your world with an extremely limited view, that anything beyond your perception simply doesn't exist.

Old 06-22-2011, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Lame question considering costs will and have increased with or without regulations.
Thats not an answer, its a cop-out if I've ever seen one..

Old 06-22-2011, 11:22 AM

Quote:
They're selling excuses, you're buying it. They win.
You have absolutely NOTHING to indicate they are just making it up.. Typical liberal..
Quote:
Did I say I didn't? I said (read at a place you can keep up with, this time): profits are INTEGRAL part of arguments involving such corporations. You don't want it because it must not be true in your world with an extremely limited view, that anything beyond your perception simply doesn't exist.
Wrong.. prices going up dont always equal more profits.. Reading postings like yours makes me understand why people proclaim we have a failed education system in america.

Old 06-22-2011, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Thats not an answer, its a cop-out if I've ever seen one..
Don't worry, I couldn't come close to you in cop-out excellency, even if I tried. Heck, I wasn't even aware that pointing at the reality that costs have and will continue to, with or without regulations, would actually qualify as one.

Quote:
You have absolutely NOTHING to indicate they are just making it up.. Typical liberal..
Are they stupid?

Quote:
Wrong.. prices going up dont always equal more profits.. Reading postings like yours makes me understand why people proclaim we have a failed education system in america.
Sounds like you weren't educated in America. Anyway, poor AEP wouldn't think about profits... only people's costs. Isn't that what all the hoopla is about, anyway?

Old 06-22-2011, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Don't worry, I couldn't come close to you in cop-out excellency, even if I tried. Heck, I wasn't even aware that pointing at the reality that costs have and will continue to, with or without regulations, would actually qualify as one.
Nope.. no answer here
Quote:
Are they stupid?
They have to spend billions of dollars, and you equate this to profit Nope, nothing here either to backup your claims, shocking..
Quote:
Sounds like you weren't educated in America. Anyway, poor AEP wouldn't think about profits... only people's costs. Isn't that what all the hoopla is about, anyway?
yet again, nothing of substance, just typical rambling. No one said they arent thinking about profits, we are AGAIN (yes, again, since you are having such difficulty following the thread), discussing the government shutting down power plants, which will result in higher costs for the consumer..

Are you going to discuss the topic, or continue on with your non stop rambling and babble over profits?

Old 06-22-2011, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Nope.. no answer here
Was there a question?

Quote:
They have to spend billions of dollars, and you equate this to profit Nope, nothing here either to backup your claims are a lie..
Poor them, silly me.

Quote:
yet again, nothing of substance, just typical rambling. No one said they arent thinking about profits, we are AGAIN (yes, again, since you are having such difficulty following the thread), discussing the government shutting down power plants, which will result in higher costs for the consumer..

Are you going to discuss the topic, or continue on with your non stop rambling and babble over profits?
Looking past your habitual/obligatory remarks: AEP closed three power plants, in Texas, in 2002. Just like the idea that regulations are the only reason costs increase and the only reason plants are shut down, it must regulations then?

Hey, if you like snake-oil salesmen, don't hate it when others don't join your bandwagon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies