Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 11:25 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
I'm not. I won't be until the same percentage of these minorities actually contribute to society (work and pay taxes) as the white folk. Simple as that. A libbie-imagined race war does not exist.
Continue to do what you do best, libbies. Bury your head in the sand. Starve your kids now, get them used to it.
My kids, and their kids, and so on, and so on, will never starve.

Old 06-23-2011, 11:26 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
When white's become the minority, the United States will formally secure its downward spiral. As a minority-majority country, there's no way in hell we'll ever reestablish superiority in the world. Minorities simply have not demonstrated the capability to lead this nation down a prospersous path. Afterall, look at the burden most demographics already place on society as it is?

Of course there are exceptions, but if minorities are happy with the prospects of being the majority, my advice would be to try to figure out what you're going to do to turn around your abysmmal social, cultural, and fiscal skills. Right now, as a percentage of a population, you are a burden on our nation.

What are you going to do to change that? You had better come up with something quick, because celebrating your status as the majority simply will not be enough.
So what do you suggest? The Final Solution?

Didn't work last time.

Old 06-23-2011, 11:28 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Insist on holding the wealth? What, you just want people to give up their wealth for the sake of diversity? Why am I not surprised.
What doesn't surprise me is your uncanny ability to read things which are only written in your myopic mind.

Old 06-23-2011, 11:38 AM

855 posts, read 1,172,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
You know what I mean. Go to any complex where they accept section 8, you'll see the tribes of snotty nosed brats being paraded around by their single mom who barely works if at all. Don't try and pretend it doesn't exist.

and you act like section 8 only exists in minority communities. how about you swing a right down the highway and head towards the multitude of section 8 housing in the areas where the majority is white and poor with Jolene or some other cracked out looking chick sitting on the porch with all 12 of her kids.

What you fail to realize is that poverty is NOT a race issue. Poverty is a cultural mindset, and regardless of race, poverty affects people from a deeper, more complex level than your mind is able to comprehend. To think that RACE is the only factor and that minorities on a whole contribute more to poverty than their white counterparts is LAUGHABLE. haha. I'm laughing at you. Take a class, read a book, or simply dare to venture outside of your prejudiced way of thinking. You are the problem. Not minorities, not even poor white people. You-- For perpetuating the notion that minorities and poverty are synonymous and that diversity is a bad thing. Your refusal to find solutions while you stroke social issues with a broad brush of intolerance will only make your existence in society that much harder. Accept change and adapt and stop propagating your ill-informed beliefs as fact. Aside from that, and whether you or others like you ever change, I truly feel sorry for you and your limited view of others not like you.

Old 06-23-2011, 11:44 AM

3,485 posts, read 7,308,235 times
I don't care that whites aren't the majority anymore. I care that the number of children in poverty is increasing due to poorly planned breeding by any race of people.

Old 06-23-2011, 11:49 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chariega View Post
and you act like section 8 only exists in minority communities. how about you swing a right down the highway and head towards the multitude of section 8 housing in the areas where the majority is white and poor with Jolene or some other cracked out looking chick sitting on the porch with all 12 of her kids.

What you fail to realize is that poverty is NOT a race issue. Poverty is a cultural mindset, and regardless of race, poverty affects people from a deeper, more complex level than your mind is able to comprehend. To think that RACE is the only factor and that minorities on a whole contribute more to poverty than their white counterparts is LAUGHABLE. haha. I'm laughing at you. Take a class, read a book, or simply dare to venture outside of your prejudiced way of thinking. You are the problem. Not minorities, not even poor white people. You-- For perpetuating the notion that minorities and poverty are synonymous and that diversity is a bad thing. Your refusal to find solutions while you stroke social issues with a broad brush of intolerance will only make your existence in society that much harder. Accept change and adapt and stop propagating your ill-informed beliefs as fact. Aside from that, and whether you or others like you ever change, I truly feel sorry for you and your limited view of others not like you.
Actually, what's laughable is that you went on a guilt-laden rant without any emperical data to back any of it up. Perhaps you could start with the whole "as a percentage of population" statistical theory and show us just who exactly carries the most poverty in this nation?

I don't think you will. The entire reason for your post was to try to displace facts with liberal fiction.

Here...i'll even help you. And prove you wrong.

Quote:
How does poverty differ across subgroups?

The poverty rate for all persons masks considerable variation between racial/ethnic subgroups. Poverty rates for blacks and Hispanics greatly exceed the national average. In 2009, 25.8 percent of blacks and 25.3 percent of Hispanics were poor, compared to 9.4 percent of non-Hispanic whites and 12.5 percent of Asians.

Poverty rates are highest for families headed by single women, particularly if they are black or Hispanic. In 2009, 29.9 percent of households headed by single women were poor, while 16.9 percent of households headed by single men and 5.8 percent of married-couple households lived in poverty.

There are also differences between native-born and foreign-born residents. In 2009, 19.0 percent of foreign-born residents lived in poverty, compared to 13.7 percent of residents born in the United States. Foreign-born, non-citizens had an even higher incidence of poverty, at a rate of 25.1 percent.
http://www.npc.umich.edu/poverty/#4

Now...go chew on that for a bit and see who the real "ill-informed" person is on this thread.

Old 06-23-2011, 11:54 AM

855 posts, read 1,172,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Actually, what's laughable is that you went on a guilt-laden rant without any emperical data to back any of it up. Perhaps you could start with the whole "as a percentage of population" statistical theory and show us just who exactly carries the most poverty in this nation?

I don't think you can or will.

the fact that you read it as a "guilt laden rant" is on you, friend. The funny thing is you have no problem not posting facts for your sweeping generalization of minorities who, by your accounts, are all mostly on the welfare rolls.... perhaps you should re-read your post and get back with the facts you purport.

16,545 posts, read 13,447,180 times
Quote:

This thread is about MINORITES having more children than non-minorites. You can go on your racial diatribe all you want, it is baseless and predictable. Again, the facts are, the majority of these new minority children are on the public dole. You can blow a gasket all you like, if it bothers you that much just remember, admitting there is a problem is the first step to fixing it.

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Dumbest Racist Thread in a while, but I am sure there will be more. Better be nice to brown and black people they will be in charge before ya know it and then what
Casper

Old 06-23-2011, 12:05 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
Quote:
the fact that you read it as a "guilt laden rant" is on you, friend. The funny thing is you have no problem not posting facts for your sweeping generalization of minorities who, by your accounts, are all mostly on the welfare rolls.... perhaps you should re-read your post and get back with the facts you purport.

Re-read my post and weep. And then go stand in the corner for spewing liberal fiction instead of facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies