Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 08:25 PM

2,523 posts, read 2,202,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
So we this current generation should be punished for the actions of people long ago?
What does your question have to do with my comment. Are trying to play victim?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2014, 08:28 PM

21,467 posts, read 10,570,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockUnderMyKilt View Post
Absolutely not. What you're witnessing is the first victories in the battle against multiculturalism and the delusional postmodernist mindset that begot it.

What Geert Wilders has proven is that reason and persistence will eventually hammer away at groupthink. And I'm certain that it time the embedded Muslim populace will come to know what Vietnamese, Chinese, Indian Hindu, Sikh, Korean and Filipino migrants have already figured out: it's not necessary that you adopt the bad habits of the host culture to integrate, but it is absolutely mandatory that you leave behind the bad habits of your own culture.
And tolerate the culture of the host country.

Old 08-06-2014, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Cant wait until America does this..
America's culture is multiculturalism. We've always been a hodge-podge of different cultures, but until a few years ago most people accepted that they could keep their distinct cultures (i.e., food, drink, dance, music, art, religion, customs, etc.) and buy in to the whole American culture of freedom and liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Hopefully this new batch of immigrants will assimilate in the next generation or two like the immigrants before them.

Old 08-06-2014, 09:00 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,740,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantown View Post
What does your question have to do with my comment. Are trying to play victim?
No, are you?

Old 08-06-2014, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
America's culture is multiculturalism. We've always been a hodge-podge of different cultures, but until a few years ago most people accepted that they could keep their distinct cultures (i.e., food, drink, dance, music, art, religion, customs, etc.) and buy in to the whole American culture of freedom and liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Hopefully this new batch of immigrants will assimilate in the next generation or two like the immigrants before them.
That was until on group tried to force their culture, their values, and their failed politics on to the rest of us.

We can take much more illegal immigration and we need to cap legal immigration at a logical number say 200,000.

Old 08-06-2014, 09:15 PM

62,930 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
No, it's not. We have an identifying culture with minority cultures living among us. That's not true multiculterism. But there are many that would like to dilute our identifying one and force theirs to become on even keel with our identifying one.

Old 08-06-2014, 09:17 PM

Quote:
And tolerate the culture of the host country.
If they dont like us and have to "tolerate" us, they need to leave.

Old 08-06-2014, 09:27 PM

Quote:
If they dont like us and have to "tolerate" us, they need to leave.
I was really talking about the Muslims in The Netherlands. I imagine the Muslims aren't thrilled with Dutch culture like live sex shows, red light districts, open homosexuality, promiscuous society, legal drugs, etc. It's a very open and liberal society, and Islam is not.

Old 08-06-2014, 09:33 PM

Quote:
I was really talking about the Muslims in The Netherlands. I imagine the Muslims aren't thrilled with Dutch culture like live sex shows, red light districts, open homosexuality, promiscuous society, legal drugs, etc. It's a very open and liberal society, and Islam is not.
Then Islam needs to GTFO out the Netherlands.

Old 08-06-2014, 10:37 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,833,497 times
Exactly. The difference between immigrants to the US now vs 50 years a go is that immigrants now seem to have no desire to integrate into broader society or adopt American values. It becomes a 'racist term' to even mention American values or culture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Yes, multiculturalism doesn't work well if the next step is missing, i.e. fusion.
The Dutch are not against people from other countries and continents, as long as they adapt to Dutch culture.
Just in case anyone thinks the Dutch are becoming more racist, that is not the case, people of different ethnicity are an integral part of the Netherlands, for instance because of the colonial past. This latest step is mainly a defense mechanism against Islam, which of course is not specifically said because of political correctness.
The Netherlands is simply too small and densely populated a country to handle parallel societies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies