Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 02:41 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Carbon emissions through caps is a Republican idea. It forces the free market to innovate, which is conservative to the core. Reagan even went with that and CFC's.

I think the EPA should focus on large businesses though, and not the small business man. This would force large corporations to split themselves up to make smaller companies, which creates more jobs, or it forces them to change their their emissions. I'm not against carbon emissions mind you, but I do like moving away from fuels that emit anything, and moving towards an economy with a renewable resource.
I have nothing against emissions and renewables, but until we have some kind of method to replace carbon based fuels I do believe that any attempt to kill the use of coal or oil is purely political. The EPA has been responsible for too many raises in prices for so many things when they force the price of diesel to go higher which ends up with raised prices of nearly anything we use. I think it may well be time for the EPA to either be controlled by the Congress or maybe just done away with.

I hate the EPA for the way they have tried to kill coal just as Obama promised and couldn't deliver through Congress so he went there to get what he wants. They have no right to cause the problems they have caused for the reasons they use. Remember when they were threatening to tax cow farts hoping to gain more power for regulation? I know what that one did to the cowmen around here and how badly they wanted to hit back. My son who is a diesel mechanic has been so unhappy with them for so long and since he raises some calves every year to sell to feed lots he was even more unhappy with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2011, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
No, it's a great example of you never taking the time to come up with a thought on your own that is not attached to a RW blog.
So I guess you think I should take all my ideas from left wing blogs? Don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen since I don't waste my time reading things like that.

Hey, can you explain the real reason why we haven't had a budget the last two years. Dirty Harry says that he thinks it has worked very well since the executive branch isn't held back from spending money as they see fit. I believe that the law requires that a new budget be set in motion on October 1 of each year and yet the Dems haven't done it in 2009 or 2010 and I think we all know why. Even you?

Old 06-26-2011, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I agree, thats what I'm saying. You can trace it all the way back to Reagan, if not further. All administrations and congresses, Republican and Democratic alike can be blamed for failing to fix the budget.
Are you saying that the Republican Congress failed to force Clinton to use a budget that provided for a balance in expenditures and revenue? If you are then you don't want to give them any credit for passing the budgets Clinton signed and Dems keep talking about him being responsible for since most of them don't seem to know that they did force some changes in the budget proposals he handed him.

Blame both parties but at least give them the credit for their part in that period of time.

Old 06-26-2011, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAisGreat View Post
What you say is the reasoned and level-headed view. This same thought process can be applied to about 90% of all our problems...Both sides are to be blamed. But, sadly, the climate talk-radio and Faux News has created is one of where, people like the OP, are more interested in finding any and every reason under the sun to point fingers and blame 'liberals'(who is basically anyone who disagrees with the talk-radiot/Faux News talking pinheads) and Satan himself, Obama.

I truely believe these people would rather see America fail miserably if it means they can blame Obama and 'liberals', rather than see us succeed if it means it happens while 'libs' are in control.
Now you have done it. When you attack the messenger and not the message you are leaning too far toward Alinsky activity.

Do you know that the Dems have failed to get a budget through Congress the past two years? Do you know that this second year of being without a budget will be over will end on September 30? Do you even know what I am talking about where budget is concerned? I even wonder if you know what a governmental budget is and why the law calls for them. I guess since Harry Reid doesn't think budgets are necessary we will have to put up with his crap one more year, maybe two since it will be 2013 before the Republicans take over the Senate.

Let me know just what you do know about budgets and the budgetary process.

Old 06-26-2011, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Why don't you just pretend that Roysoldboy didn't start the thread and discuss the content.
It is just more of the same old left leaning attack of the messenger and never attack of the message. They are so sure they can change the topic to anything other than what it started out to be since that keeps people from learning about what they are and how they do what they do.

Old 06-26-2011, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
And we all know that it is only informative if it agrees with your bias or is the same old leftwing BS.

If you don't like it, ignore it. Like your leader does the will of the people.
Casper always uses the old, avoid the topic kind of posts to change the direction of the thread. He knows that I won't manage to post a thread from a left leaning source but always hits at me for not doing so. It would be laughable if it weren't so sad to see Alinskyites operate.

Old 06-26-2011, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Are you saying something claimed is untrue?
Naw, he is trying to say that when a man doesn't just use what he thinks instead of someone else's thinking he is failing. When you post like that THEY always whine about links but then some of them don't want to see links. The funniest part of this one is they can't say anything about the link being untrue, and know it so they attack me instead of the link itself. I have been having a real good time with this one ever since they started that game.

Old 06-26-2011, 08:50 PM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Congress can control spending but they do NOT have the power to end wars. The power only lies with the president. The Democrats only could have de-funded the wars, which was not a serious option. Bush got us in to both Iraq and Afghanistan while LOWERING taxes. I'm not trying to say we shouldn't have been in Afghanistan but it didn't need to be accompanied by a tax cut. Lowering taxes while increasing spending is going to get you a deficit.

What you are saying is essentially true roy, but it is also twisting the truth at the same time.

By "essentially true"..."but it is also twisting the truth at the same time" shouldn't we also include your claim that the cause of these large deficits was the Iraq War when the Iraq War added little to the greatly increased spending the Democrats began when they stopped passing budgets?

Deficits with and without the Iraq war (Wizbang)

As for revenue, the Bush tax cuts didn't reduce revenue. When measured in constant 2005 USD, federal revenue was 2.03 trillion in FY 2002 and 2.41 trillion in FY 2007. The only year revenue decreased was 2003. Furthermore, deficits were never higher than 428 bn until the Democrats took over. The real reason deficit are so high is that at a time when revenue has declined 500 bn/yr (2007-2010), Democrats have increased spending by more than 500 bn/yr.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/defa...s/hist01z3.xls

Last edited by momonkey; 06-26-2011 at 09:17 PM..

Old 06-26-2011, 08:54 PM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
The increase in spending didn't start under the Democratic congress though roy. It started when the Republicans were still in charge of congress.

And what you say about taxes isn't true, because if that worked, the lower taxes under Bush would have actually INCREASED government revenue due to increased economic activity. That never happened.

And, no, the link doesn't mention the wars... which is kind my point about how it distorts the truth.

The numbers don't lie...

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/defa...s/hist01z3.xls

Bush tax cuts increased revenue and the Democrats p*ssed it away.

Old 06-27-2011, 11:35 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Thanks for not embrassing yourself by challeging the facts presented. As for the rest of your post, why did you even bother?
Good question, why bother snce most know that some here do not come up with orginal thoughts of their own but always use other peoples thoughts and pass them on then claim to be attacked if someone points it out. Yes, it was a waste of my time, it is why I have not revisted this thread until now and won't waste time doing so again. Clear things up for ya? I doubt it.
Casper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies