Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 07:44 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,399,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
The troubles of this economy go directly back to the people that think Direct TV, PlayStations, cell phones and gas are entitlements these days. Logical people knew what a slippery slope that would be and we still went down that slope (with oiled up skis).

Debts are a symptom, not the disease.

The disease is entitlement spending. Not only is it politically untouchable, which means it's a one-way street, it's such a bloated system that feeds itself. The more you give people the more they feel entitledthe more they vote for themselves.

These people won't give up one red cent of that welfare either until they're all 80 lbs, < 5'1" , living with 16 family members and living of Ramen. And they won't be happy till everyone else is just like them.

Is that you?

No, when did the government buy those things for everyone? I can't remember the PS3 government giveaway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2011, 07:49 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
No, when did the government buy those things for everyone? I can't remember the PS3 government giveaway.
I don't remember a government PSP or iphone give-away, but most of the medicaid people I see coming in seem to have them.

Old 06-26-2011, 07:50 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,477,016 times
Quote:
You ever taken a walk through the homes of some of the subsidized?

Old 06-26-2011, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I don't remember a government PSP or iphone give-away, but most of the medicaid people I see coming in seem to have them.
Same goes for the subsidized housing and food stamps.

Memp, you're subsidizing those things whether you care or not.

Old 06-26-2011, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
You ever taken a walk through the homes some of the subsidized?
Actually I used to work in downtown Detroit at night.

Those people have nothing, and you are making over generalizations about people you know nothing about.

I see one rich yuppy that acts like a dick, doesn't mean that all rich yuppies are dicks.

Old 06-26-2011, 07:54 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
Quote:

Those people have nothing, and you are making over generalizations about people you know nothing about.
I work with these people every day. I think I have an idea about what their spending priorities are.

Old 06-26-2011, 07:56 AM

Quote:

I see one rich yuppy that acts like a dick, doesn't mean that all rich yuppies are dicks.
Yup, me too.

I have a feeling I've seen far more subsidized homes, ones where people have to pay $25/month and have a hard time doing that, than you think I have.

It's an absolute myth that these people have nothing at all. It may not be what you consider having things but would, say, a starving pot-belly kid in Africa look at it the same way?

And don't misconstrue this as me saying these folks are nasty dirty people. They're some of the cleanest I've seen because the the strict HA rules for the Public Housing program.

Old 06-26-2011, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I work with these people every day. I think I have an idea about what their spending priorities are.
Sure, the slums in Texas are real bad.

Old 06-26-2011, 07:58 AM

2,930 posts, read 2,225,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
No, it's a great example of you never taking the time to come up with a thought on your own that is not attached to a RW blog.
Why don't you just pretend that Roysoldboy didn't start the thread and discuss the content.

Old 06-26-2011, 08:08 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,559,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
THAT was suppsed to be informative, looked liked nothing more than the sam old Right-wing BS to me, means opened and read it ROY, not wrth further comment. By the way, do you ever start threads that do NOT have a link to a right-wing web site or talking head that you want to get others to watch and believe, I think NOT.
Casper
And we all know that it is only informative if it agrees with your bias or is the same old leftwing BS.

If you don't like it, ignore it. Like your leader does the will of the people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies