Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 08:32 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
We get it. You don't like freaks.
So you've defined the behavior and choice of clothing as being freakish.

Interesting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2011, 08:33 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
I will say in ANY parade with straight women, the go-to costume is **** city. The (straight) men also usually take on some gender bending role, or go gay themed as well. This is not something that is exclusive to the gay community. The OP is being totally disingenuous to claim otherwise.

Go to any adult themed parade (that is night time parade) and sexuality, the outrageous and "anything goes" is what you see, regardless of sexual orientation.
You are absolutely correct. I just always get a kick out of all the Dorothys.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Is he a deviant?

That's just ridiculous. Everyone knows a kilt is traditional Scottish attire for a male.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:37 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,505,203 times
Speaking of weird attire and deviant behavior..

He happens to cover up real misconduct by gay people.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:38 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
If anyone wanted to know the antonym of decorum and propriety, all they need do is reference the homosexual "pride" parades. It is funny that they can only take "pride" when they act without dignity or decorum.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:39 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,505,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
That's just ridiculous. Everyone knows a kilt is traditional Scottish attire for a male.
Says who? I think it's deviant so it's deviant....See how ridiculous that is? Get it?

Old 06-27-2011, 08:41 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,304,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
All these "pride" parades are ridiculous and embarrassing anyways. Gay ones as well as the other "heritage/race" ones. Its like the people who hold them need to do it so they can try and feel better about themselves. Its pretty damn sad that you really feel the need to have to hold a pointless pride parade. Just live your lives. I don't give a damn how prideful you are about your race, heritage, or whom you have sex with.

I'm a white straight male with different roots but i sure as hell don't need a parade to show others or feel better about my self. Especially if I would do so dressing/acting like an immature silly fool.
Self-confidence and the sheer joy of life ooze from your posted thoughts on this subject.

On a side note: Frozenyo is winning this thread

Old 06-27-2011, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Self-confidence and the sheer joy of life ooze from your posted thoughts on this subject.

On a side note: Frozenyo is winning this thread
I didn't know this was a competition.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:54 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,289,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I was watching the news the other night and saw footage of the gay pride parade in New York, following the decision of the state to legalize gay marriage.

I was struck by the dress and "costumes" of many of the participants. Men were dressed like women and women were dressed like men. Gay couples were dressed in traditional bride's and groom's clothing, mimicking the role of a male and female in marriage. Then there was the componant of men dressed in women's lingerie and leather apparel.

For any gays here, I am a little confused. I would offer that if I dressed in women's lingerie or black leather S&M clothing and paraded around the streets of our city, or in our neighborhood, I might be viewed as a deviant and a pariah. I can guarantee you that such behavior would be met with scorn and derision (as it should be).

I guess I am asking- how can the gay community demand "acceptance" by the heterosexual community and presume that the gay community is no different than the rest of the society with regard to social and ethical norms? I suppose that if one is trying to promote the image of deviance, dressing in women's clothing (if a male) and parading around in lingerie and leather might be just the ticket. However, if one is seeking incorporation into the general community and universal acceptance, perhaps this is not the best method.
You're definitely mixing up personality and being a good spouse/parent.

Why can't gays be very out there? There are plenty that are just like your stereotypical heterosexual couple. Are you complaining because people are comfortable with who they are?

Old 06-27-2011, 08:59 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
It's not always slutty--in the Greenwich Village parade, you see a lot of Dorothys with the Tin Man, the Cowardly Lion, and the Scarecrow. I don't know why, but gays LOVE that movie (and Gone With The Wind, lol). In 2009 they had a midnight showing of The Wizard of Oz to celebrate the 70th anniversary. My gay friend Richard went, and he said the theatre was packed with gay guys.

Richard also does Mammy from GWTW very well. He knows every line.
Judy Garland has always been a gay icon, which is probably why the Wizard of Oz is popular with gays.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies