Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 11:41 AM

2,226 posts, read 2,103,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
These feel good words can apply to any group you choose. These are motherhood and apple pie words. For example, he could have said:

But if by a "Libertarian" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people -- their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties -- someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Libertarian," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Libertarian."

Or again:

But if by a "Republican" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people -- their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights, and their civil liberties -- someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Republican," then I'm proud to say I'm a "Republican."
That then he would have been lying!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2011, 11:43 AM

Default Fax Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
The only reason Fox news exists is because the rest of the news has become oppressively biased towards progressives. When so many millions upon millons of people can't stand watching the fake news anymore, something new is going to emerge to take its place, like Fox news.
Seriously, you really truly take Fox and/or affiliiates seriously? Seriously????

Old 07-03-2011, 01:33 PM

59,089 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadell View Post
Trolling. Flame bait trolling. No facts,No links, just angry pissed off opinion. Nothing to discuss, just insults and accusations.

Where are the mods.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
It is said by whom?

What is your policy evidence?

Let's see, Republicans want to defund Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, reduce funding for child nutrition programs, etc., while fighting for oil company subsidies and lowering taxes for the rich -- yup, Republicans are the party of the people -- in Bazaaroland!
Read the post from trolling. It applies directly to you.

Old 07-03-2011, 06:15 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Which group is against minimum wages?
Which group is against unions and wants to end all collective bargaining?
Which group has attempted to get rid of child labor laws?
Which group wants regulations, especially EPA regulations, lessened or removed?
Which group is always demanding fewer and fewer taxes on businesses?
Which group love subsidies for businesses, especially the oil, coal and lumber industries?
Which group excuses the off-shoring or America jobs?
Well, you should get the idea by this point, hopefully that clears up my POV.
Casper

Your opinions are quite interesting, but didn't address my question. In fact, most of them are totally off topic. So I'll repeat my question:

Democrats = Pawns of the Rich..... like Al Gore, George Soros, Nancy Pelosi, John Edwards and hundreds of Hollywood elites.

Do you really think working class Americans have ANYTHING in common with Gore, Soros, Edwards and the rest of the rich Democrats?

Old 07-03-2011, 06:22 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,823,807 times
It's true that Democrats are the party of the rich. The majority of $250K+ households voted for Obama in 2008. Blue states are richer than red states. I read that 9 of the the 10 richest voting districts voted for Obama and sent him the most $$$.

Today's Democrats are a coalition of the wealthy elite and the welfare poor in an all out attack on the shrinking middle class.

Last edited by Jay F; 07-03-2011 at 06:31 PM..

Old 07-03-2011, 06:28 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Your opinions are quite interesting, but didn't address my question. In fact, most of them are totally off topic. So I'll repeat my question:

Democrats = Pawns of the Rich..... like Al Gore, George Soros, Nancy Pelosi, John Edwards and hundreds of Hollywood elites.

Do you really think working class Americans have ANYTHING in common with Gore, Soros, Edwards and the rest of the rich Democrats?
I believe I answered your question loud and clear. FYI, everyone of the leaders in politics, no matter which Party, are considered rich by most standards, or are you attempting to say different. I know you are trying to divert from the fact that the right supports the rich at most every turn, my short list should have made the perfectly clear to anyone reading with an open mind
Casper

Old 07-03-2011, 08:00 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I believe I answered your question loud and clear. FYI, everyone of the leaders in politics, no matter which Party, are considered rich by most standards, or are you attempting to say different. I know you are trying to divert from the fact that the right supports the rich at most every turn, my short list should have made the perfectly clear to anyone reading with an open mind
Casper

No, you didn't even try to answer my question. But that's OK. I know the answer.

The average Dem voter has nothing in common with their rich leaders. They just drink the koolaid and the Dems just keep their lemmings in poverty with government programs.

Old 07-03-2011, 08:22 PM

89,030 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Today's Democrats are a coalition of the wealthy elite and the welfare poor in an all out attack on the shrinking middle class.
Exactly.

Old 07-03-2011, 10:14 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
Quote:

With all due respect, you response is silly. You were given a list of policies that favor the middle class that Democrats champion that the Republicans try to kill. That n itself should be enough evidence.

But you bring up Soros and Kennedy, et al, as if those rich people prove something. The fact is that although Soros and Kennedy are/were rich, they represented populist policies that help the common man. They are not like the Koch bros who use their wealth to fund Republicans to pass laws that favor the rich.

Old 07-06-2011, 04:33 PM

Default the answer is!

Quote:

Not unless they are part of the wealthy class! It doesn't matter which party the wealthy person is a member of.....The average american, even the upper middle class, lower wealthy, mid wealthy have nothing in common with the UBER WEALTH class of this country. The upper 1-3% of this country have amassed such wealth, they could give 3/4's of it away and still not simply be rich!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies