Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2011, 05:10 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,573,401 times

Advertisements

Debt Ceiling was raised 7 times during Dubya's reign! Now the [MOD CUT] want to be fiscal conservatives after they dragged this nation into a fiscal mess with 2 Wars & a unfunded prescription drug plan while they borrowed from China! Then we had to bail out banks through TARP and the Auto industry? and you [MOD CUT] want to blame this on Obama?

Last edited by Ibginnie; 07-13-2011 at 06:00 PM.. Reason: Flamming
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2011, 05:32 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,868,200 times
Default Obama walks out of meeting today

Pres walks and per Cantor says, "Don't call my bluff, I will take this to the American people". Good for the Pres, even Cantor's version shows Cantor up for the Putz that he is.

Old 07-13-2011, 05:36 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,958,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Debt Ceiling was raised 7 times during Dubya's reign!
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again while expecting a different result.

In your household do you continue to throw good money after bad? Do you charge up more on your credit cards than you can ever hope to pay? Do you get a 3rd mortgage to finance those credit cards? Do you encourage your spouse to continue to throw good money after bad if you know are the one paying the bills?

Are any of the above the actions of a fiscally sane account holder?

Old 07-13-2011, 05:38 PM

45,241 posts, read 26,477,444 times
Well it won't the first time the con man has worked the sheeple.

Cite?

Old 07-13-2011, 05:39 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,958,168 times
Obama left because he was late to a photo op and then is off to a fundraiser. The man-child needs to learn he is not King or Dictator regardless of his wishes to continue spending as though he has a signature only credit line.

Old 07-13-2011, 05:40 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,956,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Pres walks and per Cantor says, "Don't call my bluff, I will take this to the American people". Good for the Pres, even Cantor's version shows Cantor up for the Putz that he is.
Do you have a cite for this. I am not doubting you, but would like to read the whole incident.

Old 07-13-2011, 05:45 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,308,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Obama left because he was late to a photo op and then is off to a fundraiser. The man-child needs to learn he is not King or Dictator regardless of his wishes to continue spending as though he has a signature only credit line.
Republicans need to learn to COMPROMISE.

They are the one's walking away from a $4 TRILLION DOLLAR DEFICIT REDUCTION DEAL THAT IS ONLY 15% TO 20% REVENUE RAISING AND 80% TO 85% REDUCTIONS FEDERAL SPENDING.

The deal that is on the table clearly has more spending cuts than revenue increases and the Republican are so tied to their "We won't accept ANY taxes increases ideology" that they are willing to compromise the full faith and credit of the United States in the world financial markets.

Now who is REALLY being the CHILD here?

Old 07-13-2011, 05:46 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,780,213 times
The GOP is playing roulette with the USA's economy because they signed some stupid pledge by a creepy guy with a beard and glasses. It's amateur hour in the House.

Old 07-13-2011, 05:49 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,868,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Do you have a cite for this. I am not doubting you, but would like to read the whole incident.
this was a tweet from Luke Russert CNN breaking news

Cantor: "The president told me, 'Eric don't call my bluff, you know I'm going to take this to the American people. He then walked out."

and

Daily Kos: President Obama Abuptly Walks Out of Talks with GOP in White House on Debt Ceiling

Old 07-13-2011, 05:49 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,263,165 times
Default August 2nd: The beginning of the end of the world...

Not the end of the world ask predicted by the Mayans or a Bible prophecy, but the end of our world as Americans as we have known it for two centuries, and the end of modern civilization.

If Congress fails to raise the debt limit, which is now looking like the most probable outcome, August 2nd is the date the total collapse of the United States begins. It will start with a collapse of the stock market. The Dow will go from 12,000 to 7,000 or lower within a week. The dollar will plummet causing oil prices to skyrocket (this might be how we see $200 oil). Then comes the main street collapse. By the end of 2011, I look to see at least 30% unemployment and Dow 4000. That may be underestimating it. By the end of 2012, there will no longer be a Dow or a dollar. Obama will no longer be President.

Total despair will turn to anger which will become anarchy when American citizens take to the streets. There will be food riots, starvation, murders, looting, etc. Darwinism will be in play everywhere in this country. To buy yourself time, stock up on plenty of non-perishable food that does not require refrigeration i.e. SPAM. There will be no electricity or modern conveniences after the collapse. Also buy plenty of guns and ammunition to protect yourself, your family, and your food. Its going to be each man for himself. It will also be best to get out to a rural area, preferably near water in case running water is no more. During this chaos, cities will be burned in masse (think Rodney King 1992 riots but with nothing to stop it).

This collapse will spread from the United States across the world. The world map will look VERY different in 2020 than it does now. People like to compare this situation to the Great Depression. They couldn't be more wrong. This is not 1929, this is 476 A.D. We are going from an age of reason, enlightenment, and progress we've enjoyed on this planet since the Renaissance to a new dark ages.

The survivors of the collapse will more than likely form more localized governments and live in community. Dictatorships will arise as weary people will look for leaders to save them. Life, while today, is focused on pleasure, will become about survival. We are entering the darkest period of human history in nearly 2 millennia. Are you ready?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies