Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 12:46 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,703,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I got the impression from the op's link that it was the righties that are fed up with the way things are and wanted to make major changes through revolution, why would those in poverty start riots as from what i'm hearing from the right they have it made with all the social programs and entitlements just for the asking., i doubt they will be biting the hand that feeds them.
So true. It just goes to show that they will say anything in order to disparage certain categories of people.

Old 08-22-2011, 01:59 PM

13,496 posts, read 18,219,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
CALL FOR AMERICAN REVOLUTION: We're gonna have to start over...and its gonna get damned bloody. (What are the federal laws on sedition?)
CALL FOR AMERICAN REVOLUTION: We're gonna have to start over...and its gonna get damned bloody.

Please visit the above link and read some peoples' email calling for a revolution in America?

Do You Think This Is Free Speech Or Sedition?
Neither, a nutbag rant.

Old 08-22-2011, 02:15 PM

14,040 posts, read 15,070,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
Free Speech or Sedition?

What do you think about these quotes?

"They've already attacked Americans without provocation in 911 to start profitable wars for themselves. They've setup CONCENTRATION CAMPS and have shredded our Bill of Rights and Constitution.

They are READY to stage an incident to install MARTIAL LAW!

THAT'S WHEN YOU SHOOT THE BASTARDS! STOCK AMMO NOW!"

"THESE FILTH MEAN TO KILL YOU ALL AND THIS IS SELF DEFENCE YOU ARE ENTITLED TO!!"

"This is WHY the founding fathers gave us the 2nd amendment. To END THIS KIND OF MADNESS! We threw off one King George and now it's WAY past time to do it again.

"We need a revolution and we need it now. We need to remove the present administration and restore the people's confidence in government."

"Yep, we're gonna have to start over...and its gonna get damned bloody before they back-off enough to let us go about it...ready yet??? (We're runnin' out of time...better get there...soon...)..."

"We NEED REVOLUTION in this country BEFORE Bush and their filthy NAZI ILK get any more gun confiscation laws passed. And BEFORE they carry out their NEXT et MORE WARS."
This is Treason and Terrorism, so I may send a screenshot to the FBI

Old 08-22-2011, 04:20 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,380,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
Good idea.. sounds like there is a possibility our op is about to go off the deep end...

Last edited by jambo101; 08-22-2011 at 04:36 PM..

Old 08-22-2011, 10:06 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,224,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
A revolution in America does not have to be firearm-driven to be bloody. All it will take is poverty riots to set the wheels of revolution in motion. When one minority-majority city deems itself lost and hopeless by the inhabitants, then all hell will break loose, and it will spread like wildfire. Mark my words. We're well on our way.

The people with guns will be the people protecting their property, not the inciters of the revolution itself. That's how I see it all going down.
I misunderstood your earlier post. Yes, violent civil disturbances are certain as those dependent on government subsistence are cut off due to broke state and federal government. It will be an unhappy time for all of us.

Old 08-22-2011, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btownboss4 View Post
I'm sure they monitor these sites anyway.

Old 08-22-2011, 10:17 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,160,616 times
Wow... a post from 2007???

Old 08-22-2011, 10:22 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,618,914 times
[quote=Berkshires413;1240683]"I had other priorities in the 60's... than military service...."

-Dick Cheney

Yep. If I were a Vietnam Vet, I'd be right behind that guy.......and the rest of the ChickenHawk gangster businessmen.

No one, with a bit of common sense - is buying this bullsh*t anymore.

Agree w. you.

The war on drugs is working well for them in S America too

they are getting hundreds of thousands of acres of land with oil and natural gas, as well as a military compound to keep irate citizens with pitchforks out.
. The Bush land is close to a new U.S. military installation, the Mariscal Estigarribia Air Base. It is also nearby a huge tract of land purchased by Sun Myung Moon that sits astride Latin America's largest water aquifer, the Guarani aquifer. According to earlier Madsen reports, Bush and the Carlyle Group are also the owners of major tracts of land along the proposed US super-highway linking Mexico and Canada, land that will be worth hundreds of millions more when the highway is completed. Related: See Neo-Con Escape Plan to Paraguay? below.

People communicate online now, this isnt like Vietnam.

Old 08-23-2011, 01:32 AM

29,221 posts, read 22,421,319 times
Here's the deal.
The OP is a guy who got his head turned around backwards in Viet Nam from events he had no say-so in creating. He made friends in the village he was sent to protect, and he did his best to protect them, but they died despite his best efforts, and the tragedy screwed him up for the rest of his life.

Now he is an old man who feels he got screwed by a bureaucrat. Maybe he did. It happens. And it's hard to live with when it does. And he's angry, of course. I'm a Viet Nam vet too, and I would be angry, maybe... since nothing like his problems has happened to me, I don't know how I would feel for sure.

But ProudCapMarine has generalized his anger and just spewed it all out on the net. 20 or 30 years ago, these guys either sat home and stewed, or turned it inward and killed themselves, or became resigned to what happened, or changed their political beliefs, or came to peace in a personal way with it all. He cannot lay it to rest, and the internet allows anyone to rant in ways that weren't possible in past decades.

I think he has a bad case of PTSD, and needs help. The Veterans Administration will give it to him if he asks, but he's so far gone he probably never will.

That's what Nam did to my generation and the one who followed mine into that mess. It split us down the middle for those who fought and those who didn't. It's not going to go away until we do. We are aging now, and our problems with our old war don't matter as much as they used to. Viet Nam is no longer the first thing on most people's minds anymore, and this has left a lot of old guys confused.

But, for sure, going to war with ourselves is not going to help him, or me, or any of us, young or old. We all need to pay less attention to our differences and more attention to what makes us all Americans.

Old 08-23-2011, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
But, for sure, going to war with ourselves is not going to help him, or me, or any of us, young or old. We all need to pay less attention to our differences and more attention to what makes us all Americans.
Amen to that. FWIW I was in Vietnam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies