Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2011, 11:11 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Actually tolerance isn't about agreement or disagreement. It is about... okay, so what? I see no reason why people get their panties twisted in a nod over homosexuality. So, I have no reason to have an issue with gays and lesbians. They are humans, like me, and have the right to be who they are.
You're right...they are humans like me. They have a right to be who they are. Live and let live is fine with me.
Quote:
Agreement/disagreement only creeps in when you deal with folks who maintain oppressive ideas and go out to enforce them. Calling them homophobes is NOT being intolerant.
We're not the ones doing that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2011, 11:13 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
We're not the ones doing that.
Any opposition that allows them to be themselves is doing that. Whether you fit the bill or not, well, only you can let us know.

Old 07-11-2011, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Any opposition that allows them to be themselves is doing that. Whether you fit the bill or not, well, only you can let us know.
I don't know of anyone that does oppose them "being themselves". But that's the thing....we can believe in a live and let live attitude, but unless we believe the way you do regarding legislation and politics....we're homophobes?

Old 07-11-2011, 11:48 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Quote:
I don't know of anyone that does oppose them "being themselves". But that's the thing....we can believe in a live and let live attitude, but unless we believe the way you do regarding legislation and politics....we're homophobes?
But you don't believe in a live and let live attitude. You fear homosexuals so much that you write (or support) laws that suppress us. You write laws making sex between homosexuals illegal (basically outlawing being gay). You write laws making it illegal for gays to be school teachers. You write laws making it illegal for gays to serve in the military. You write laws making it illegal for gays to adopt children. You write laws taking away our civil rights by banning us from contracting civil marriages.

Support of such things, such laws, is a clear indication of a homophobe. Those are all actions of a fearful person - a person who does not have a "live and let live" attitude, but instead fears others with different values so much he chooses to repress them using the force of law.

Old 07-11-2011, 12:03 PM

4,300 posts, read 4,409,483 times
The title of this thread and those who think it all have mental disorders or are just stupid. I have no problem with those who practice it, but just because others disagree with it doesn't make it a phobia nor a disorder. Get real.

Old 07-11-2011, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Yes, because you're trying to impose your will into others' lives for the reason that makes up homophobia. If you stuck with live and let live, you would be tolerant.

Old 07-11-2011, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Yes, because you're trying to impose your will into others' lives for the reason that makes up homophobia. If you stuck with live and let live, you would be tolerant.
If we stuck with "live and let live", no one would be arguing for a redefining of marriage law.

Old 07-11-2011, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
But you don't believe in a live and let live attitude. You fear homosexuals so much that you write (or support) laws that suppress us. You write laws making sex between homosexuals illegal (basically outlawing being gay). You write laws making it illegal for gays to be school teachers. You write laws making it illegal for gays to serve in the military. You write laws making it illegal for gays to adopt children. You write laws taking away our civil rights by banning us from contracting civil marriages.

Support of such things, such laws, is a clear indication of a homophobe. Those are all actions of a fearful person - a person who does not have a "live and let live" attitude, but instead fears others with different values so much he chooses to repress them using the force of law.
Oh just get over yourself. Your silly bigoted arguments are getting old. Leave us alone and stop trying to make us conform to your ways.

Old 07-11-2011, 12:14 PM

Quote:
If we stuck with "live and let live", no one would be arguing for a redefining of marriage law.
Your argument doesn't make sense. The marriage law you speak of, doesn't represent live and let live in its current form.

Old 07-11-2011, 12:19 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Quote:
Oh just get over yourself. Your silly bigoted arguments are getting old. Leave us alone and stop trying to make us conform to your ways.
Care to address the actual content of my argument rather than just hurl personal attacks?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies