Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 11:25 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
I guess making crude, snide, sniping comments about Limbaugh is a sight easier than refuting his arguments.

I disagree with Mr. Limbaugh's opinion of Casey Anthony.

No, I am not going to get into a protracted discussion on the Abortion issue.

Limbaugh is making a comparison, and calling abortion murder.

'nuff said.

Old 07-08-2011, 11:28 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,230,341 times
Abort - to stop, to prevent from continuing. Abortion - to stop a pregnancy, to prevent it from continuing.

Not the same as killing a 2 year old kid. There's no pregnancy to stop. We don't force women to carry through full gestation against their will. There is no other option - either force women to be pregnant against their will, or allow them to terminate the pregnancy. We cannot, AFAIK, remove embryos or pre-viable fetuses from the mother and incubate them in preparation for later adoption. The mother of a born child is not being forced to undergo pregnancy - she already chose to carry to term. She has legal options if she chooses not to care for her child any more - put it up for adoption or foster care, for example.

Limbaugh is crass, but what's new?

Old 07-08-2011, 11:32 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,323,649 times
Quote:
I guess making crude, snide, sniping comments about Limbaugh is a sight easier than refuting his arguments.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
I disagree with Mr. Limbaugh's opinion of Casey Anthony.

No, I am not going to get into a protracted discussion on the Abortion issue.

Limbaugh is making a comparison, and calling abortion murder.

'nuff said.
Actually, mine was a general statement intended for any Limbaugh haters. That only applies to you if you consider yourself such a one.
Any time the guy makes a controversial statement, many just harp on the fact that he got habituated to and then addicted to pain medicine that he took for miserable back pain, was overweight at one time, or bang away at any of the vast array of scurrilous accusations and rumors that his sick-minded haters have circulated about him. All it shows is how low some will go to attack the arguments of an effective spokesman in any way other than to debate the actual merits and demerits of his arguments.

Old 07-08-2011, 11:39 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,111,393 times
Quote:
Actually, mine was a general statement intended for any Limbaugh haters. That only applies to you if you consider yourself such a one.
Any time the guy makes a controversial statement, many just harp on the fact that he got habituated to and then addicted to pain medicine that he took for miserable back pain, was overweight at one time, or bang away at any of the vast array of scurrilous accusations and rumors that his sick-minded haters have circulated about him. All it shows is how low some will go to attack the arguments of an effective spokesman in any way other than to debate the actual merits and demerits of his arguments.

I don't like the man, so I don't listen to him. I'm pro-choice on who I want to annoy me.

Old 07-08-2011, 11:56 AM

20,458 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
No, he's lying, as usual. Very skillfully, also as usual.

Limbaugh is exploiting the emotionalism surrounding the tragic death of a child to make an invalid, false argument that the killing of little Caylee is morally equivalent to abortion. He is also taking a side-swipe at liberals too, saying they are hypocrites for condemning Caylee's death.

Limbaugh is using a dead two year old to make cheap, hurtful, invalid political points and profit from the noteriety- he knows if he is outrageous enough, he'll get publicity outside his circle of listeners.

Disgusting, but about what you'd expect from him.
if you were to take out the words "invald", "false" and "disgusting" I would agree with you.

Limbaugh is making a very valid point.

Old 07-08-2011, 11:57 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Rush knows how to rile up his fanbase. It's not that hard really.

Old 07-08-2011, 12:17 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
LOL!

from the way it looks to me, it seems he knows how to rile up his enemies.

Old 07-08-2011, 12:27 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?

Old 07-08-2011, 02:34 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
It's not a matter of when life begins, it's a matter of when love begins.

According to liberals, there is no love for a fetus. Therefore killing Fetus Caylee is different than killing Baby Caylee.

If Casey Anthony had aborted this child, you wouldn't have known about it, nor would you have cared. But you sure would have championed her right to do it.

But killing her? Oh, well, that's a different story. Right?

So, tell me, where is Limbaugh wrong?

Limbaugh has gut punched liberals and robbed all the oxygen from their windpipes with this one. And he's right.
it isn't a matter of when "love" begins. a fetus is not a fully developed, living breathing human being. YES, an abortion and killing a two year old are different.

Rush is ranting as is his right and what his fans expect. the man is an addict and a blow hard he reminds me of Fog Horn Leg Horn with apologies to Fog

Old 07-08-2011, 02:36 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,323,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
He knows how to rile up liberals too. That manifestly isn't too hard either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies