Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 02:43 PM

2,226 posts, read 2,106,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
They are not controlled. The funny thing is, that you lefties think that the Tea Party is made up of old white Americans. What you don't know is that it is made up of every race and age group, and Independants, AND fed up Dems as well.
Try going to a Tea Party rally. Don't watch what is edited on Maddow, go to a real one. And therefore you can see for yourself.
What plan does Obama have for getting us our of this mess that he put us in? He has none. He just shoots down all the plans that the R's put down, but has no counter offer, does he.
That is why Perry could win. And that is why the left attacks anyone who could beat Obama. They do it out of fear. Plain and simple.
Anyone who is not Obama ism in their eyes, crazy. OOOOh they pray, therefore they must be crazy. OOOOOOH Palin's voice is annyoing, therfore she must be crazy. The list goes on, yet there is no proof of her, or anyone else actually being crazy.
Isn't Rick Perry that secessionist? Doesn't he want to split Texas off from the United States.....thats the Rick Perry we are talking about. The one that "used" to be a Democrat?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2011, 02:46 PM

38,133 posts, read 22,253,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rural lady View Post
Why in the world would they want to stand beside these people?

It has gone way too far, I believe it now. Do all the republicans like what is happening here? Is Perry out of his mind?

Japans problems caused by some imagined Sun Goddess etc.

Rachel Maddow Show
I was going to ask "who the hell is talking about religion?" but now i see who, its the liberal bigots in our cable and news media once again

Old 07-14-2011, 02:48 PM

Default Again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Have you ever heard of cut and paste, delete, etc? Do you think you might be a crazed idiot for being so far left or believing all the garbage? Of course you don't, but you do seem to think calling people creeps will make you seem a little more important instead of a little more immature.

BTW, we will see how Perry does against Obama if he gets the nomination.

Nita
You ARE talking about Rick Perry the secessionist? The one that wants Texas to seceede from the United States of America. The one that takes more balance last years budget with FEDERAL BAILOUT CASH? The one that took FEDERAL MONEY for his fire ravaged state? The one that wanted to SELL HIS FREEWAYS to FOREIGN COUNTRIES and let them charge UNREGULATED amounts of tolls for years and years and years to come, and to DISALLOW any other roads or improvements to roads alongside the FOREIGN COUNTRIES TOLL ROADS so that people could avoid those toll roads.....THAT RICK PERRY?

Old 07-14-2011, 02:50 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,170,815 times
Quote:
The same could be said of Hannity. He has begged for Obama and any other lefty to come on his show and they will not. Show us where Hannity or Rush or anyother righty talking head has lied about what they talk about. They do their homework. They do not want Obama to fail, If he fails, and he is, this country goes down too.
Obama keeps asking the American people to please be patient with him. As if these last 2 years wasn't enough. Why doesn't he just do something. Stop telling us to be patient. We cannot wait any longer.
Why can't Maddow say that?
The right wing talking heads support the representatives that have clearly stated that they want Obama to fail. Provide a link that shows Hannnity or any of the others bashing anyone that has clearly stated their intentions.

Mitch McConnell Fox News | Obama One Term President | Video | Mediaite

Absolute: Republican*s publicly stated that they wanted Obama to fail. What

The Washington Monthly

How do you wipe out eight years of damage inflicted by The Bush Crime Family in only two years.

BTW...After comparing Hannity's bio to Maddow's, I'll put my money on Maddow.

The only homework that Fox hosts need to do is to memorize the daily talking points provided by their puppeteers.

Back on topic...YES!!! The Republican Party has been hijacked by religious, anti-science, Jesus played with dinosaurs nut jobs.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 07-14-2011 at 03:05 PM..

Old 07-14-2011, 02:54 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,704,182 times
It is interesting to find and only 18% of the voters are people who declared themselves to of tea party or aligned with them and yet they are said to control the republican party. I was curious as to who these tea party people are and learned that they generally over 45, 90% white, mostly from the south, earning $50k plus, 80% conservatives, and 50% evangelists.

To answer the OP's question; yes I think they are a bunch of religious nuts trying to impose their will on America. Pro tea party candidate Bachman stated she will overturn NY's gay rights bill if elected while being married to a loon who claims he can cure homosexuality as if being gay was a disease.

If you are not a tea party person, and that is 80% of America, I suggest you boycott their businesses.
I spoke with a woman who owns a doughnut shop and claims to be a born-again and a tea party person. She enjoys a nice income from her business while employing people at minimum wage with no medical insurance. This is not how to grow America.

Old 07-14-2011, 03:20 PM

Default Boycotts, perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
It is interesting to find and only 18% of the voters are people who declared themselves to of tea party or aligned with them and yet they are said to control the republican party. I was curious as to who these tea party people are and learned that they generally over 45, 90% white, mostly from the south, earning $50k plus, 80% conservatives, and 50% evangelists.

To answer the OP's question; yes I think they are a bunch of religious nuts trying to impose their will on America. Pro tea party candidate Bachman stated she will overturn NY's gay rights bill if elected while being married to a loon who claims he can cure homosexuality as if being gay was a disease.

If you are not a tea party person, and that is 80% of America, I suggest you boycott their businesses.
I spoke with a woman who owns a doughnut shop and claims to be a born-again and a tea party person. She enjoys a nice income from her business while employing people at minimum wage with no medical insurance. This is not how to grow America.
There was a new BBQ joint in town but every TV he had was turned to Fox news, so we left and never went back. Easy. You can also write to companies that are advertising on right wing crazy TV and radio and tell them you will not be buying their products anymore and DON'T

Old 07-14-2011, 03:25 PM

68,352 posts, read 54,533,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
I think the other problem here is .. Even though I am NO FAN of Ric Perry, rural lady and the rest of the lefties know Perry can destroy Obama in the Presidential run!
(I'm right .. Huh?)
Right? Yeah, you are!

Correct? Not so much

Old 07-14-2011, 11:33 PM

250 posts, read 413,796 times
Quote:
They are not controlled. The funny thing is, that you lefties think that the Tea Party is made up of old white Americans. What you don't know is that it is made up of every race and age group, and Independants, AND fed up Dems as well.
Try going to a Tea Party rally. Don't watch what is edited on Maddow, go to a real one. And therefore you can see for yourself.
What plan does Obama have for getting us our of this mess that he put us in? He has none. He just shoots down all the plans that the R's put down, but has no counter offer, does he.
That is why Perry could win. And that is why the left attacks anyone who could beat Obama. They do it out of fear. Plain and simple.
Anyone who is not Obama ism in their eyes, crazy. OOOOh they pray, therefore they must be crazy. OOOOOOH Palin's voice is annyoing, therfore she must be crazy. The list goes on, yet there is no proof of her, or anyone else actually being crazy.
Bingo!! This post is spot on...

Old 07-14-2011, 11:35 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,648,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rural lady View Post
Why in the world would they want to stand beside these people?

It has gone way too far, I believe it now. Do all the republicans like what is happening here? Is Perry out of his mind?

Japans problems caused by some imagined Sun Goddess etc.

Rachel Maddow Show
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm proud to be a religious fanatic. I'm a fanatic for Jesus Christ and I am not ashamed. I will stand for the republican party and make sure they kick the liberals to the curb once and for all. You guys have got to go.

Last edited by allenk893; 07-15-2011 at 12:45 AM..

Old 07-15-2011, 12:06 AM

27,625 posts, read 21,170,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm proud to be a religious fanatic. I'm a fanatic for Jesus Chris and I am not ashamed. I will stand for the republican party and make sure they kick the liberals to the curb once and for all. You guys have got to go.
Well if you are that intensely adamant about mixing religion with politics, then I suggest that you live somewhere that is sympathetic to and condones a Theocracy. This ain't the place and never was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies