Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 03:29 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,275,823 times

Advertisements

One author believes this. And, apparently the Omaha Public Schools agrees and feels this is an important message to get out to their school district as they just, reportedly, used $130,000 of our Stimulus Funds to buy 8,000 of a "diversity manual" that teaches this as well as some other "interesting" social/politically charged messages.

The Cultural Proficiency Journey: Moving Beyond Ethical Barriers Toward Profound School Change,” includes a worksheet for teachers to score themselves on a continuum of cultural sensitivity. The continuum ranges from “cultural destructiveness,” as evidenced by genocide and ethnocide, to “cultural proficiency,” depicted as the highest level of awareness.
Only those educators who acknowledge the existence of white privilege in America, that “white” is a culture in America and that race “is a definer for social and economic status” can reach proficiency, the authors contend. Those who score poorly on the worksheet are asked in the book what they will do “to align yourself with the values expressed.”

"The authors assert that American government and institutions create advantages that “channel wealth and power to white people,” that color-blindness will not end racism and that educators should “take action for social justice.”

OPS buys 8,000 diversity manuals - Omaha.com

Everybody happy with how our Stimulus Funds are being spent???
(BTW, if you read the linked articles, you will see that this piece of propaganda is being used in over a dozen school districts, coast-to-coast.)

Omaha Schools Spend $130,000 in Stimulus Money to Buy 8,000 ‘Social Justice’ Diversity Manuals | Breaking news and opinion on The Blaze

“The book is sort of a combination of Freud meets Marx meets Barney meets Ben Stein in his role as the teacher in ‘Ferris Bueller’s Day Off,” Herald columnist Robert Nelson writes."

And he’s not the only critic.

"Paul Peterson, director of the Program on Education Policy and Governance at Harvard University, and a senior fellow at the conservative Hoover Institution at Stanford University, told the Herald that in general, cultural proficiency is part of an agenda pushed by people “who think that we should have a teaching force that has a certain political perspective.”

Check it out on Amazon. You'll love the reviews.

Seriously, anyone who doesn't believe that there is a concerted effort to infiltrate and use our public schools to further a political agenda, needs to wake up and smell the coffee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2011, 03:30 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,057,820 times
I saw that earlier.

It's hilarious!

Old 07-13-2011, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I saw that earlier.

It's hilarious!
"Hilarious???" How so?

as in, "Ridiculous story. I don't believe it!"

as in, "Ha Ha - Notion is so untrue, it makes me laugh!"

as in, "Ha Ha - Gotta laugh to keep from crying."

as in, "Ha Ha - The looney author must be laughing all the way to the bank."

or

as in, "Ha Ha - We on the radical left are taking the American TaxPayer Suckers for all your worth. Ha Ha - Indoctrinating YOUR kids and YOU'RE paying for it. HA HA HA!

Old 07-13-2011, 04:55 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,862,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
as in, "Ha Ha - We on the radical left are taking the American TaxPayer Suckers for all your worth. Ha Ha - Indoctrinating YOUR kids and YOU'RE paying for it. HA HA HA!
This ^

Quote:
The book says teachers must overcome irrational fear of homosexuality
and reject the “color-blind” approach to teaching in which teachers
treat all children the same
. Instead, the group identity of students of
color should be recognized and esteemed, the authors say.
This is blatant segregation and anti-individualism.

Old 07-13-2011, 05:00 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,828,810 times
[quote=maja;20004873
"Ha Ha - The looney author must be laughing all the way to the bank."

[/quote]

That is the kind of hilarious I think it is!

But I am not one to generalize "public education" or declare the ideas and acts of one person, or group of persons as something that makes it a fact that every person in said group thinks and acts in the same fashion regarding a specific subject.

Old 07-13-2011, 05:01 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,982,506 times
How dare they suggest that we not hate gays, Muslims , or minorities!

It's our right to never hear opinions that don't mesh with our ideology!

It says so right in the Bible and the Constitution!

I'm incensed!

Palin/Joe The Plumber 2012

Old 07-13-2011, 05:03 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,862,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
How dare they suggest that we not hate gays, Muslims , or minorities!

It's our right to never hear opinions that don't mesh with our ideology!

It says so right in the Bible and the Constitution!

I'm incensed!

Palin/Joe The Plumber 2012
This has to be the absolute stupidest strawman argument I've seen on here. Ever.

Old 07-13-2011, 05:05 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,855,128 times
This is insane, middle school children need to be educated about homosexuality since it's as important as understanding gravity and math.

There's no reason why a parent should have any say in the raising of a child, the government is much better equipped to do that sort of work.

We need to teach our youngsters that gay, transsexual, Muslim, black midgets are people just like they are except they're really special and deserve to be treated differently just like everyone else.

Moveon.org/Mao for community organizing government overlords 2012!

Old 07-13-2011, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
That is the kind of hilarious I think it is!

But I am not one to generalize "public education" or declare the ideas and acts of one person, or group of persons as something that makes it a fact that every person in said group thinks and acts in the same fashion regarding a specific subject.

Well, considering that this program is reportedly being used not only in Omaha but in Atlanta, San Diego & Maryland as well as Canada; i.e., coast to coast, I wouldn't classify it as isolated.

Omaha Schools Spend $130,000 in Stimulus Money to Buy 8,000 ‘Social Justice’ Diversity Manuals | Breaking news and opinion on The Blaze

Old 07-13-2011, 06:23 PM

608 posts, read 1,346,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
This is insane, middle school children need to be educated about homosexuality since it's as important as understanding gravity and math.

There's no reason why a parent should have any say in the raising of a child, the government is much better equipped to do that sort of work.

We need to teach our youngsters that gay, transsexual, Muslim, black midgets are people just like they are except they're really special and deserve to be treated differently just like everyone else.

Moveon.org/Mao for community organizing government overlords 2012!
You obvious don't work in a school and have never seen some the parents that are out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies