Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 07:16 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,660,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Because the tax increases we specific and immediate and the cuts were vauge and down the road. The reason you don't have a link is because the Dems refused to really cut anything.

No, the reason that I don't have a link was because I didn't feel like getting one at the moment.

Yes, the cuts were down the road.

I'm not here to argue the 4TRILLION/1TRILLION plan. You asserted that there was no plan. Yes, there was. You might not like it/agree with it/discount it but it was still a plan. That was what I was responding to.

Old 07-18-2011, 07:23 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,248,373 times
Cantor et al needs to be bit ch slapped back to the hell from whence he rose.

Old 07-18-2011, 07:26 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
No, the reason that I don't have a link was because I didn't feel like getting one at the moment.

I'm not here to argue the 4TRILLION/1TRILLION plan. You asserted that there was no plan. Yes, there was. You might not like it/agree with it/discount it but it was still a plan. That was what I was responding to.
There was no plan. That was a proposal he presented to the media in his speech. Congress never got any "plan" from him with details.

Old 07-18-2011, 07:29 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:

Lol. That's not a plan, a has details. What was presented was a fake, phony and fraud. Anybody can say anything, it doesn't make it serious, it certainly doesn't make it a plan.

The reason you don't have a link isn't laziness but because one doesn't exist.

Old 07-18-2011, 07:31 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
There was no plan. That was a proposal he presented to the media in his speech. Congress never got any "plan" from him with details.
I seem to recall that plan he announced also included a large amount of spending increases. When the country is clamoring for reduced spending, I find it somewhat disingenious to come on television, acknowledge that desire for decreased spending, and then enumerate ways to increase spending.

Old 07-18-2011, 07:36 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
No links from me but last week or the week before (time flies, you know), the Dems plan was $4Trillion in cuts with 1 Trillion in revenue increases (taxes). That plan was turned down.
Right, it is rather dishonest to say they don't have a plan. As a matter of fact, if you read the link, there is another poll which indicated that people think GOP are the worst when it somes to misleading people with false info.

Old 07-18-2011, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Because the tax increases we specific and immediate and the cuts were vauge and down the road. The reason you don't have a link is because the Dems refused to really cut anything.
So, all of a sudden there was a plan? LOL

Old 07-18-2011, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
Read the methodology of that poll. The only people surveyed were those who lived in Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Florida, Ohio, Virginia, all of which voted democrat in the 2008 presidential election. While we are at it, why don't we poll the ACLU asking them what they think of the job republicans are doing and publish that info? It would be just as fair as this 'study'.

There is nothing more annoying than national news channels using deceptive statistics to prove a false point.

Edit: I was just reading the poll a little closer, and thought I would post the true results (since CNN did not do that). Here is the raw results of the question asked about the debt ceiling. God only knows how CNN came up with 71% overall, but the one thing we can all agree on is that Fox is not the only news station that completely makes up numbers.
26. As you may know, unless Congress and the president can agree to raise the federal debt limit soon, the government will not be able to borrow more money to fund its operations and pay its debts. If the limit is not raised, who do you think would mainly be responsible for this: the Obama Administration or the Republicans in Congress?

Obama Admin | Republicans | DK/NA
Total 34% | 48% | 17%
Rep 62% | 20% | 19%
Dem 15% | 74% | 11%
Ind 33% | 49% | 18%
Men 37% | 48% | 15%
Wom 32% | 49% | 19%
Wht 37% | 45% | 18%
Blk 16% | 72% | 12%
Hisp 43% | 44% | 13%

To summarize this poll: only polled liberal states. Of the results, only those showing the most liberal results were displayed by CNN, and we actually take this seriously? Libs on this forum - please try to think for yourselves instead of having CNN do it for you.
I didn't know Florida was a liberal state. Or Ohio. Are you really that poorly informed ? FL, OH and PA all voted Republican and Virginia was neutral in 2010.

Old 07-18-2011, 07:44 AM

5,365 posts, read 6,337,762 times
I just don't see the Republicans as being at all bipartisan on this issue. Obama is going to the table and offering huge government spending cuts, yet the Republicans are offering NOTHING. Rich people aren't creating any jobs. I don't see any reason why taxing them a little more can't be including in the debt solution.

Old 07-18-2011, 07:45 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
I just don't see the Republicans as being at all bipartisan on this issue. Obama is going to the table and offering huge government spending cuts, yet the Republicans are offering NOTHING. Rich people aren't creating any jobs. I don't see any reason why taxing them a little more can't be including in the debt solution.
Please link the specific cuts that Obama is offering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies