Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 02:22 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbor Hopper View Post
Resolved? Absolutely not. Band-Aid, maybe. Temporary fix. The only way to "resolve" this is to cut frivilous spending by reducing the size of government, take control of the medicaid & medicare fraud, and get back to basics.
I have a feeling this thread will be closed and/or posts will be deleted, so I won't spend time writing a long answer to this. However, I will say I agree with some of your comment. We need to stop fraud everywhere.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2011, 02:39 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,315,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinoutofjersey View Post
how many people on this board are prepared for a hurricane? do you stockpile food, water and ammo? how much? is there more of a concern as obama prepares to be the first president in history to default on the debt?
Seeing as you brought up the political context..Obama isnt defaulting on the debt,,he's basically sitting at the table waiting for the house to agree to sign the revision of the debt ceiling. its the house that is responsible for signing the bill to raise the debt ceiling and who has the majority in the house? its the GOP holding everything up while they waste time on political posturing rather than doing whats right for the country..
As for hurricane preparedness its wise to have extra food,water, alternate power and fuel as you maybe out of power for sometime, guns and ammo would be a good way to improve your food stock if hurricane is severe and lights are out for a month or more but i'd suspect if the hurricane is that strong you would have evacuated rather than getting washed/blown away with all your extra supplies..

Old 07-18-2011, 02:40 PM

2,903 posts, read 12,536,485 times
I cleaned up this thread, infractions, etc.
This thread is close to being closed, or moved to the hurricane or political forum.
Keep on topic in a respectful way, or risk the above.

Frank

Old 07-18-2011, 03:57 PM

913 posts, read 2,362,531 times
Quote:
is there more of a concern as obama prepares to be the first president in history to default on the debt?
What a blatant attempt to start an argument.

While I love a good argument as much as the next person, you should change the heading of your thread.

It's deliberately deceptive to start a political discussion in the guise of hurricane preparedness.

Old 07-18-2011, 04:10 PM

89 posts, read 105,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davery5872 View Post
What a blatant attempt to start an argument.

While I love a good argument as much as the next person, you should change the heading of your thread.

It's deliberately deceptive to start a political discussion in the guise of hurricane preparedness.

You probably aren't telling him anything he doesn't already know. Look at most of the threads he is involved with.

Old 07-18-2011, 04:10 PM

Gettingoutofjersey the political section will welcome your endless Obama bashing as basically thats all they do over there.

Old 07-18-2011, 04:12 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,091,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Getoutofjersey the political section will welcome your endless Obama bashing as basically that all they do over there.

I don't think "Dave" has said anything that would be considered Obama bashing - maybe I'm missing something.

Old 07-18-2011, 04:16 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Live in FEAR!!!

Old 07-18-2011, 04:19 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times
Quote:
how many people on this board are prepared for a hurricane? do you stockpile food, water and ammo? how much? is there more of a concern as obama prepares to be the first president in history to default on the debt?
When it comes to hurricanes the only people who need to stock up on water or ammo are the idiots who decide to "ride it out". Not what I would consider the brightest survival strategy.

Old 07-18-2011, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
I don't think "Dave" has said anything that would be considered Obama bashing - maybe I'm missing something.
No you arent missing anything you are just too fast on the response as i went back to edit out Dave and install "Gettingoutofjersey" but in doing so i noticed i jumped the gun on the Obama bashing phrase toward Gettingoutofjersey as as yet he hasnt really bashed Obama in this topic, sorry about that rush to judgment..

Last edited by jambo101; 07-18-2011 at 04:33 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies