Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 02:02 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,853,660 times

Advertisements

DWS is an ignorant, typical, liberal tramp.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2011, 02:10 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
The Vapid Shrew (it is a little known fact that D W-S) is really named The Vapid Shrew, is anti-freedom.

this Vapid Shrew wants to enslave all Americans and rule in fashion of Stalin and Linin.

horrible commie.

Last edited by CaseyB; 07-21-2011 at 04:48 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 07-21-2011, 02:30 PM

1,862 posts, read 2,386,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
"you extremists"? Is there a reason you choose to make repeated personal attacks in every single thread to which you respond to me?

Are you suggesting that ever single woman in the video who thought Wasserman-Schultz's comments were both innacurate and inappropriate is an "extremist"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
I consider your statements and positions to be extreme. If you consider that an insult, that's your prerogative. I'm not the one spouting ideology here.

You post inflammatory statements, but somehow maintain that they should be held immune to criticism?

Why is that, I wonder?

I'm suggesting exactly and only what I said, nothing more, nothing less. Straw man arguments will not avail you.
I couldn't agree with you more....

Old 07-21-2011, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Dang, she is one fugly skank, isn't she?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
DWS is an ignorant, typical, liberal tramp.
I'm not saying that I haven't seen statements from the left that haven't make me shake my head... but this?

Seriously, you're proud of posting crap like this?

Roy.... you're a conservative but I consider you to be overall a good guy even if I don't agree with your politics.

What do you think of posts like this?
Pghquest... again, I disagree with almost all of your economic philosophy, but I do think you put forth some good arguments. What say you about comments like this?

Old 07-21-2011, 02:53 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger View Post
I'm not saying that I haven't seen statements from the left that haven't make me shake my head... but this?

Seriously, you're proud of posting crap like this?

Roy.... you're a conservative but I consider you to be overall a good guy even if I don't agree with your politics.

What do you think of posts like this?
Pghquest... again, I disagree with almost all of your economic philosophy, but I do think you put forth some good arguments. What say you about comments like this?

Considering the posters on this board are presumably not a part of the House of Representitives....what is your opinion on the comments made by the Congresswoman? I believe that is the thread topic.

Politics has become an extremly vile business but it is people of the citizenry that are called out as extreme and vile for their opinions. I guess we have been well taught.

She said these things on the floor of the house, not on an opinion forum.

Old 07-21-2011, 03:02 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,132,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
Considering the posters on this board are presumably not a part of the House of Representitives....what is your opinion on the comments made by the Congresswoman? I believe that is the thread topic.

Politics has become an extremly vile business but it is people of the citizenry that are called out as extreme and vile for their opinions. I guess we have been well taught.

Censure her and the jerk that responded to her in kind.

Someone has to stand up for civility.

Old 07-21-2011, 03:04 PM

Quote:

I don't think what she said was out of line... I don't think it was personal attack... political? Yeah....

But, does a member of Congress being less than civil mean posts that I referred to are anything of worth?

Forget it, I'm sorry I even brought it up. This forum is well, not what it used to be in my opinion. I'll go back to lurking from time to time...

Old 07-21-2011, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
"you extremists"? Is there a reason you choose to make repeated personal attacks in every single thread to which you respond to me?

Are you suggesting that ever single woman in the video who thought Wasserman-Schultz's comments were both innacurate and inappropriate is an "extremist"?

It's a typical left wing strategy to twist the focus away from the topic and attack the poster.

It's really not much different than our President stating that Republicans want to cut spending therefore Social Security and our Military won't be paid. Of course those are the only two areas that could possibly be cut (right!!!) but the fear instilled buys him what he wants.

Of course you would be viewed as an extremist because you expect some kind of honesty and decorum on the floor of the house. Without those behaviors liberals hands are tied. West was absolutely correct for calling DWS on her childish and dishonourable behavior. Who votes for these people?

Old 07-21-2011, 03:11 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,132,449 times
Quote:
It's a typical left wing strategy...
You just invalidated the remainder of your post.

Try to be objective for a change. These tactics are not the exclusive practice of either end of the political spectrum, but are embraced by the worst elements of both.

Until people start understanding this, the problem will never be solved.

Old 07-21-2011, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
You just invalidated the remainder of your post.

Try to be objective for a change. These tactics are not the exclusive practice of either end of the political spectrum, but are embraced by the worst elements of both.

Until people start understanding this, the problem will never be solved.

Then maybe you should set an example and quit using them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies