Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2011, 10:39 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,772,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Really? Looks like a city block to me. Not to mention it's the first time Norway has had a terrorist attack.

As I have said before, it's time the peaceful countries of the world reevaluate if they want to invite "the cult of blood" into their culture.

I say hell no.

Explosion Rocks Oslo, Damages Gov. Building - Bloomberg
But it has not exploded, a car has exploded if I got that right. The buildings are still standing, mainly superficial damage. After all Scandinavian buildings are quite robust because of the winters there.

And yes, regardless of this attack, I think there should be legal steps to reduce the number of Muslims in Europe or at least keep it from increasing, like by not admitting in any new immigrants from Muslim countries and trying to get rid of as many as possible in a legal way.
Maybe one could declare Islam a cult or sect in line with Lifton's criteria
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2011, 10:39 AM

4,500 posts, read 12,356,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
Fixed it for ya
Obviously, but it's important to know that if that is the case, immigration has nothing to do with it, military action will have been the aggressor.

At the moment, they do not know if Religious Extremism is the cause.

Old 07-22-2011, 10:43 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,273,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Actually, you have a clue about Jaggy's politics since you took the time to go back and find a post to use as a weapon against him. I'm guessing you tried to go back and find a post of mine, but, surprise!, you couldn't find one to turn against me. So, instead, you choose to attack me by implying that I'm a youngster. Which I'm not, and if I was, it wouldn't be relevant, because it does nothing to dispute what I've posted.

You're out of line using this tragedy as political fodder.

Though I rarely agree with her, Lifelong MO Gal's posts exactly express my feelings on this thread. I hope the damage and toll in Oslo is minimal, and that the people of Norway swiftly recover. The people who perpetrated this attack should be found and punished, whoever they are.
I don't know you from an acne pock mark (though I'm starting to suspect the latter possesses a great deal more critical reasoning skills) or what you have to say to go back and find anything.

For all your poncy whinging about "using this tragedy as political fodder" I haven't made a single ideological statement anywhere in this thread. So go find someone who has and hump their leg for a while. My calf is already starting to chafe.

Old 07-22-2011, 10:44 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,349,209 times
every window is blown out. looks like the building behind and in the foreground is damaged too. makes me think about things...

Old 07-22-2011, 10:48 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,963,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
If Ms. Palin took her foot out of her mouth before opening it then my comments would not have been necessary.

The incident in Oslo is not necessarily religious nuts. It could have been an accident, it could have been anti-whaling activists, etc.. The situation in Arizona was entirely different and not helped by Ms. Palin trying to take political advantage from it.
Pretty sure Sarah Palin is married so it would be Mrs. Palin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Norway which has ALWAYS been a peaceful nation, allowed "The cult of blood" into their country and rapes rise, crimes and gangs rise and it's because of the "you know whos".
Yep. It's those darn Lutheran Christians finally cracking from the lack of sunshine

Old 07-22-2011, 10:49 AM

4,500 posts, read 12,356,742 times
Quote:
Chatter on a jihadi forum suggests a claim of responsibility from Helpers of the Global Jihad. This has not been confirmed by officials.

Global News is working to confirm the validity of reports.
Source (http://www.globalmontreal.com/Police+confirm+bomb+behind+deadly+Oslo+blast/5143784/story.html - broken link)

This group is largely unknown, and their involvement is not confirmed.

Old 07-22-2011, 10:51 AM

96 posts, read 133,909 times
Buildings are damaged several hundred meters away from the bomb site. Several dead people inside the government buildings. At least five kids are shot at the island camp and there's still shooting out there. I can't believe this is happening.

Old 07-22-2011, 10:51 AM

1,457 posts, read 2,029,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post
Obviously, but it's important to know that if that is the case, immigration has nothing to do with it, military action will have been the aggressor.

At the moment, they do not know if Religious Extremism is the cause.
Ya, I am sure someone just forgot to unplug the coffee machine or something.

Old 07-22-2011, 10:52 AM

4,100 posts, read 4,522,728 times
I'm hearing reports of some crazy stuff from people near Oslo. Shooting in the streets??

Old 07-22-2011, 10:52 AM

6,104 posts, read 5,997,955 times
Terrorist acts in Europe are not bolts from the blue, Countries like Norway were members of the " a coalition of the willing" and Norwegian troops are probably participating in the NATO-led operation in Afganistan (due to Norways expertise in fighting in cold climates and in mountainous areas).Norwegian F-16s have been used in the NATO air attacks in Libya. Norwegians are also recruited by mercenary forces because Scandinavians are good fighters. Keeping this in mind it is no surprise that some in the Middle East or Afganistan might have a blood feud with Norwegians and might want some payback.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies